Byng's Tweets (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Don't shoot the messenger:

1/3 On 13th June 2014, by email I asked the Council for the information required to make an offer for ACL. I have yet to receive a reply

2/4 On 14/07/14, I was notified by email of Wasps interest; sent to Council for clarification; told to ignore info also given to Joy Seppala

3/4 I have yet to receive answers from Wasps to my question this morning; once I receive one I will speak to the Council

4/4 There is no reason to contact the Council as it had advised me to ignore claims of Wasps' interest.

stupot07

Doesn't make sense, can someone translate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shepardo01

He's just called CWR saying that he doesn't think wasps deal is completed. He knows who the investors funding wasps bid are and that this leads him to think this is the case. Said that he had contacted Wasps about purchasing the 50% but nobody will even acknowledge his contact. Has notified Appleton of his intent to purchase (Higg s share/ccfc ~ didn't quite hear which bit). He was very vocal too about the wasps deal being "not good for Coventry"
This was right at the end of the show this evening. Might be worth some people listening to it and airing their views.

Hobo

Another person who likes to get in the media to publicise his nowhere fast project.

More waffling in the Coventry Telegraph the other day.

Grendel

Another person who likes to get in the media to publicise his nowhere fast project.

He did make a couple of very disturbing allegations to be fair.

Otis

He's just called CWR saying that he doesn't think wasps deal is completed. He knows who the investors funding wasps bid are and that this leads him to think this is the case. Said that he had contacted Wasps about purchasing the 50% but nobody will even acknowledge his contact. Has notified Appleton of his intent to purchase (Higg s share/ccfc ~ didn't quite hear which bit). He was very vocal too about the wasps deal being "not good for Coventry"
This was right at the end of the show this evening. Might be worth some people listening to it and airing their views.

If he thinks the Wasps deal isn't good for Coventry I am much more encouraged about our future.

Is anyone seriously going to give any credence to this man?

Moff

If he thinks the Wasps deal isn't good for Coventry I am much more encouraged about our future.

Is anyone seriously going to give any credence to this man?

Only if he is wearing his train drivers outfit! Choo Choo all aboard the Byng self publicity train!

shy_tall_knight

Not sure it was self=publicity he did say that he was risking his reputation by saying this but this is murkier than a scooby doo double bill. I think heads will roll over this down at CV1

RegTheDonk

If he's got the money to bid for the Higgs share, perhaps he ought to throw in with Tim and start hiring diggers.

skybluetony176

Not sure it was self=publicity he did say that he was risking his reputation by saying this but this is murkier than a scooby doo double bill. I think heads will roll over this down at CV1

Risking his reputation eh? So tempted to say it's not much of a risk but I didn't hear the interview.

Grendel

He was questioning the funding sources for the deal as I understood it. There seemed to be some suggestion that his consortium is funding it and they have not been fully informed. That may be wrong but he kept saying he had had no contact with them despite repeated attempts to be contacted.

He had enquired about the possibility of buying the charity share and definitely said he would pay more than the Wasps consortium if allowed to.

He did say the deal had not yet been completed and I am sure he is right about that.

stupot07

to be honest i don't believe its actually him, he couldn't send an email so there's no chance he'd manage to tweet...

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so him owning half of ACL benefits CCFC how exactly? It still would mean CCFC didnt own any interest in the stadium

Calista

If Byng has serious money behind him, and good intentions for Coventry City, it’s a pity that he can’t ever seem to get his act together. I mean, he “asked the Council for the information required to make an offer for ACL” back in June. He did this by email for God’s sake - who exactly did he send it to and did he press the right button this time? If he never got a reply that’s disgraceful in itself, but if I was looking to invest millions of pounds on behalf of some clients, I think I might INSIST on a top-level meeting with the relevant people. I wouldn’t just wait around for 4 months for an email reply that never came.

I also think that when the Council openly announced that it was going to do a deal with somebody else, and was going to vote on the matter a few days later, I might do something to try to put that decision on hold. The fact that half of ACL has already been sold to Wasps appears to be news to him. Was he on holiday or something? I’ll bet his clients are impressed.

I’d like to believe in this person and his backers, I really would, but he doesn’t make it easy.

J

Jack Griffin

I'm not sure who scores highest on the 'this clown is unimaginably incompetent o meter, Byng or Fisher?

J

Jack Griffin

Well you have to say, you can't seemingly believe a word of what comes out of the mouth of either of them.

Just listening to yesterday's Sky Blue phone in..

Clive "That power of veto has now transferred to Wasps, because of Wasps buying the 50% holding"
Byng "Have they completed the deal?"
Clive "They haven't completed the deal, they say they are talking to the AHC"
Byng "Then has the power of veto transferred to Wasps?"
Clive "No sorry, they have competed the deal for the 50% have they not"
Byng "'Ave they!"
Clive "Well I understand they have"

Joke, he hasn't even got a grasp of the facts reported in the media.

lordsummerisle

Joke, he hasn't even got a grasp of the facts reported in the media.

The local media not a cery good grasp of the facts reported in the media to be honst.

How much is the deal for ACL? £40 million, £30,million, £20million? Seen all those figures mentioned.

Council to retain 10%?

Council to buy Higgs share and then sell it on to Wasps?

dongonzalos

The local media not a cery good grasp of the facts reported in the media to be honst.

How much is the deal for ACL? £40 million, £30,million, £20million? Seen all those figures mentioned.

Council to retain 10%?

Council to buy Higgs share and then sell it on to Wasps?

I understand confidentiality but I am amazed there is not a definitive skeletal outline, out there of the deal

wingy

He needs elocution lessons .

finally deciphered that bit i couldn't grasp .

So while they were asking him to chip In they also wondered If he'd take a sub-lease when he takes over the Club.

AJB1983

One has to question why this man who currently has no connection to CCFC meets up and talks with Joy Seppala and tim fisher?

Another thing, he would rather have anonymous Chinese businessmen own a share of the ricoh than a premiership rugby team. As osb58 said CCFC still wouldn't own it.

Reason council haven't replied to his emails is because maybe they're still sat in his outbox...

christonabike

It begs the question why would a Chinese consortium use the scruffy fooker as a go between? Just pick up the phone ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread