Callum contract offer (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I didn't say we will go past Leicester. We won't. Well too late. We will end up 4th or 5th. When I showed how quickly they could be caught it wasn't by us. That's why I said if they lose to Ipswich on Monday their lead will be cut against the next two sides from 13 and 10 points to 4 and 7 points in 2 games.

You could see that they're losing the plot a little after their post match interviews. Beat Ipswich and they should be safe. Lose and it will be squeaky bum time. 2 defeats on the bounce and clubs within touching distance. It isn't as though Leicester are as good as most people seem to think.

Thid was about finishing 2nd not 1st

Hobo

The club should have offered a deal when he was out injured.

😂. Fans were posting that all the time when he was injured weren't they? And Callum was knocking the managers door saying please give me a new contract?

It's just the way it is in modern football. Players, rightly have a lot of control over their careers. He wants to wait until the end of the season and see what his options are. You can't blame him. We got him on a free, so can't complain if we lose him on a free. He has been a great player for us even with the time out with the injury, so just be grateful for that, he owes us nothing.

The good thing is he wants to be in the shop window and prove he is back fully fit. He will give us his all for the rest of the season.

wingy

😂. Fans were posting that all the time when he was injured weren't they? And Callum was knocking the managers door saying please give me a new contract?

It's just the way it is in modern football. Players, rightly have a lot of control over their careers. He wants to wait until the end of the season and see what his options are. You can't blame him. We got him on a free, so can't complain if we lose him on a free. He has been a great player for us even with the time out with the injury, so just be grateful for that, he owes us nothing.

The good thing is he wants to be in the shop window and prove he is back fully fit. He will give us his all for the rest of the season.
Could do something with the fa cup money?

AFCCOVENTRY

Quite dismissive comment from Doug on CoH contract. Tells you everything we need to know. He isn’t signing and the way Doug replied to keeping him in this window it was interesting. Could be sold if the right offer comes in by end of Jan.

Larry Fan

Quite dismissive comment from Doug on CoH contract. Tells you everything we need to know. He isn’t signing and the way Doug replied to keeping him in this window it was interesting. Could be sold if the right offer comes in by end of Jan.

That’s pathetic and will cost us a spot in the playoffs if it happens

TomRad85

What did King say? Interesting if so... like I said, the club will not turn down money for a soon to be out of contract player, and rightly so.
Feel like we'll have an ambitious replacement lined up if the one we missed out on is true.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

The club should have offered a deal when he was out injured.
When COH wasn’t interested in signing a new contract and wanted to focus on rehab?

COH isn’t stupid, why tie yourself into an extended contract when all he had to do was hit form when he recovered from his injury? Apparently he was

If he had 12 months left on his deal, then he may have signed an extension as he wouldn’t have proven fitness to perspective suitors.

COH clearly sees himself as a Premiership player and he will get that move with or without us. My impression is that only a silly offer that is beyond our means and/or his value.

In which case, it’s not worth. Personally, I wouldn’t sell for anything less than £5m.

Balli001

What did King say? Interesting if so... like I said, the club will not turn down money for a soon to be out of contract player, and rightly so.
Feel like we'll have an ambitious replacement lined up if the one we missed out on is true.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
He didn't say anything though. He isnt going to commit to him staying in case he gets a ridiculous offer.

slowpoke

To be honest they've only dropped 16 points all season , they are as good as people think
We need Leicester to get back to their winning ways starting tonight they have to play all the ones around us and those around us all play each as long as we carry on winning taking one game at a time the more it will nip away the points we need to catch up and more squeaky bum will come in for them.

slowpoke

Regarding COH it’s about time we dropped the subject, keep him until May then let what happens happen. We are now bidding 9 million for players it’s become a totally different scenario we all ever dreamt of. COH is playing well and getting better but there are better players out there I say keep him until May then probably move on.

KarmicChris

I don’t think he goes for a fee in this window.

Who’s paying the money knowing he’s available for free at the end of the season? Premier League clubs are shutting up shop over Financial Fair Play (or whatever it’s called nowadays) and can’t see him going abroad

pusbccfc

It's hard to turn down a fee of anything more than £3/4m in January when you're going to lose him in May for free.

It would be a mammoth loss but it's also hard to lose key assets for free.

Cally Fedora

It wouldn’t be a mammoth loss. We’ve moved on as a club. Fly a kite that says he’s available for £1m in this window and see who bites.

shmmeee

Less than £2-3M I’d keep him tbh. I don’t think he wants to go and I can’t see many clubs he would want to go to bidding.

Skyblueweeman

He's great and I'd love to keep him.

But, we got to the PO's without him for the majority of last season so if he does go, I don't think that's the end of our season.

I hope he stays then he'll sign a new contract with us when he knows we're in the EPL by the end of May. Happy days.

napolimp

It wouldn’t be a mammoth loss. We’ve moved on as a club. Fly a kite that says he’s available for £1m in this window and see who bites.

What's the point? He's averaging 1 in 3 goals, the best return of any player in the squad this season, and he's been an integral part of our upturn in form. If you're selling for 1, 2, or even 3 million, you may as well keep and use him in the attempt to secure a play-off spot.

Senior Vick from Alicante

O'hare is not bigger than the club and thats the be all and end all. Doug will be doing everything financially possible to keep him at the club with out putting us in trouble. Remember where we were 5 years back, we dont need to be going back there at any cost. Keep him till the end of the season and see what happens, If he chooses pastures new then thank him and lets make a new hero.

Sky Blue Pete

Depends doesn’t it - how Important is O’Hares ability to get us promoted, keeping him can be worth 120m.

i think he’s worth the gamble if we only get 3/4m
Can see it both ways
If we get an offer we think is acceptable he’ll be sold before end jan
If not he won’t
I just hope we refuse an offer and he gets stroppy
Him and robins are getting the best out of him with this all going on which is good

slowpoke

Can’t see an acceptable offer coming in the next week unless it’s from abroad and I doubt that.
Just keep him until May then see what happens.
He will give 100% as he always does.
Let’s just concentrate on getting out of this division.

Martin180

Can’t see an acceptable offer coming in the next week unless it’s from abroad and I doubt that.
Just keep him until May then see what happens.
He will give 100% as he always does.
Let’s just concentrate on getting out of this division.
Oh dear , that means he’s going 😂

slowpoke

I haven’t seen one comment from Cal on this subject it’s all come from “experts” on websites like this one.

rob9872

Suggesting we got to the play offs last season without him, his cameo 11 games yielded 23 points. This season since his return we've averaged over 2 points per game albeit other contributing factors too. He's been very influential and now added more goals too.

He cost nothing, he's been an asset, he'll likely move for nothing with our blessing in the summer. Would be very short sighted to sell him now even for decent money unless a replacement is available immediately.

Mucca Mad Boys

Suggesting we got to the play offs last season without him, his cameo 11 games yielded 23 points. This season since his return we've averaged over 2 points per game albeit other contributing factors too. He's been very influential and now added more goals too.

He cost nothing, he's been an asset, he'll likely move for nothing with our blessing in the summer. Would be very short sighted to sell him now even for decent money unless a replacement is available immediately.

Mostly agreed. If any transfer revenue for COH was the difference between securing a replacement, I’d consider it.

As things stand, COH is happy (MR too) and he is playing well so I see us getting more value from him participating in a playoff/promotion charge.

Tommo1993

It was a rumour entirely based on Leicester fans thinking he was good and that they should sign him. Do we have the touchiest fan base on the planet? Ratty over a load of nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread