Callum contract offer (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Dawkins has changed his tune from it being about the money then?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AOM

Macca1987

I can't see Cal going in Jan, it just doesn't fit with what he can make in May, if he goes in Jan the buying club have to pay us and a less signing on fee for Cal, go in May on a free and the ball is in his agents court to squeeze as much money, signing on fee, bonuses etc for Cal

Alkhen

Yeah, was thinking this yesterday. Feels inevitable now. Ipswich probably have enough points to cling to 4th.
Writing was on the wall with those 3 big clubs coming down. On paper nobody else should have had a chance considering the gulf in spending and squads.

Someone could cause shock in the playoffs but it's a long shot really. It's worth a good go but if it doesn't come off I'll be relaxed as I see next season as the real opportunity. A bedded squad with a few quality additions. No excuses for a slow start and we could be very strong.

Only spanner in the works is I'm a bit worried a few bigger sides in the prem get dragged down due to point deductions and totally distort the balance of the league again. Forest & Everton are at risk. Even murmers of Man City, doubt that will happen!

shmmeee

Writing was on the wall with those 3 big clubs coming down. On paper nobody else should have had a chance considering the gulf in spending and squads.

Someone could cause shock in the playoffs but it's a long shot really. It's worth a good go but if it doesn't come off I'll be relaxed as I see next season as the real opportunity. A bedded squad with a few quality additions. No excuses for a slow start and we could be very strong.

Only spanner in the works is I'm a bit worried a few bigger sides in the prem get dragged down due to point deductions and totally distort the balance of the league again. Forest & Everton are at risk. Even murmers of Man City, doubt that will happen!

Yeah I think this season is a long shot that you take but don’t expect anything, next year assuming the promoted clubs come back down looks like its worth having a real go. Does mean we’d lose O’Hare ofc.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Not going to lie, I would love it if he signs for Leicester…

Vintage Sigh GIF by Modern Monsters

Flying Fokker

He cost nothing. We could have done with another 12 months due to the injury.

One thing he can’t risk is another injury and then being on the treatment table for a long period. Maybe he could go to another club and actually do us a favour by getting on with his career.

SkyBlueSoul

From MR's pre-match, doesn't really tell us anything new as you'd expect.

Callum O’Hare update…

“He's been made a really good offer and then it's down to him his family's representatives to decide what his future holds, but I don't think any pressure shouldn't be put on him.

“He should just be allowed to get on with his work and what he's doing is, he's knuckling down, and he's focused on what he's got to do and trying to help us to where we want to get to this season.”

Cally Fedora

For anyone wanting an update, Cov Telegraph are doing a daily update on the COH contract situation. The update is a reminder of previous updates that have only really updated us on the fact there is…no update.

Expect another update tomorrow.
Will they also be reporting on the new “hint” dropped by King/Robins which isn’t a hint or new?

Covcraig@bury

For anyone wanting an update, Cov Telegraph are doing a daily update on the COH contract situation. The update is a reminder of previous updates that have only really updated us on the fact there is…no update.

Expect another update tomorrow.
Can’t wait , copy and paste 👀🤦‍♂️

ms639

Hear me out…

All season ticket holders. Quid a week, top up Cal’s contract offer by 15k, piss our way to the prem. Who’s with me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Without knowing what he's been offered, it's difficult to gauge the situation.

That said, if he was open to staying next season (assuming we don't go up), I think I'm at the stage now where I'd happily make him our highest earner if he stays. That might have been offered already, we don't know but if he's happy to stay, I'd defo be fine with him being our top earner - assuming he's not already.

We may have already offered that and he may just think he'll get an EPL team if we don't go up. But he's been sensational since he's come back from injury.

Covcraig@bury

Without knowing what he's been offered, it's difficult to gauge the situation.

That said, if he was open to staying next season (assuming we don't go up), I think I'm at the stage now where I'd happily make him our highest earner if he stays. That might have been offered already, we don't know but if he's happy to stay, I'd defo be fine with him being our top earner - assuming he's not already.

We may have already offered that and he may just think he'll get an EPL team if we don't go up. But he's been sensational since he's come back from injury.
I know it’s a big ask but DK needs to break the bank for Cal . He just gets better and better. Last night he was just unbelievable. Make him an offer and add some more on , he really is something special.

Astute

I know it’s a big ask but DK needs to break the bank for Cal . He just gets better and better. Last night he was just unbelievable. Make him an offer and add some more on , he really is something special.
There will be Prem sides interested. If we don't go up this season he will want to take the step up.

It isn't about the money. But even if it is should we get into a bidding war with Prem sides?

Hobo

Time to do that is at the end of the season when we have a clearer picture of the landscape. It is not primarily about money, but playing at a higher level. It is just that playing at a higher level brings a higher wage.

We just need to enjoy and appreciate what he is doing for us between now and the end of the season.

Sick Boy

He'll want PL football and whatever we can offer, PL clubs will always be able to offer more. The only way he stays at this point is if we go up. I'd argue his impact on the team is even greater now than Hamer's was.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
He'll want PL football and whatever we can offer, PL clubs will always be able to offer more. The only way he stays at this point is if we go up. I'd argue his impact on the team is even greater now than Hamer's was.

I'm not sure where he fits in the PL at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread