Callum O’hare (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Would have to agree, love O'Hare but not sure many premier league clubs would take him based on 2 months football so far.

O'Hare was brilliant for us pre injury but lacked the end product to make the step up, looks to have added that now but at the moment his goalscoring form is a purple patch based on his career so far.

Think if we don't go up he's more likely to end up at Burnley in the championship as we know they were keen on him before.

Has he though?

He’s scored all his goals in an impressive 12-14 game stretch (including FA Cup) but not since and he’s been dropped in favour of Palmer.

Personally, I’d love to keep him but I’m sceptical if he can make it in the Prem.

Alkhen

He's not staying. Watford Co comms ex player tommy mooney said he's know him since he was 5. Said we've thrown 4 kitchen sinks at him to stay but he wants to play elsewhere.

It's done
Didn't Mooney say he wanted to test himself higher up? Something along those lines anyway. Definitely seemed to know Callum personally. All fair enough in my book.

On the slimmest chance we go up he may opt to stay but if that did pan out it would be way less of a priority for us to chuck money at him. Players of his standard want to be at prem clubs and we'd have a much bigger pool to recruit from.

Hertsccfc

Good banter tbf, I was there last night and both Simms and O’Hare were in good spirits and found it funny.
Whatever happens with Callum he loves the place and the fans but as others have said it’s a short career and you need to maximise the income so expect him to be off.
It's not necessarily just about maximising income.

wingy

OP is assuming Cal is desperate to sign a new deal but evil Doug won't open his wallet .. ridiculous. Really stinks of that twat Dawkins stirring the pot. He is a massive negative influence on the club now. I wish more fans would call him out. Just bitter at this point. Lame

O'Hare has all the time in the world to wait and see what offers come in. He can see where we are at the end of the season and if we don't match his ambition then he can leave.

Robins has said if he leaves it won't be for the want of trying on the clubs side.
It's what I've heard.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

O' Hare isn't fully focussed on his job in the team. He's playing for himself now and it's beginning to show . Playing to the cameras is all very well but it's starting to irritate .

Having said that he's a very good player and will no doubt contribute between now and the end of the season. Where he goes after that doesn't interest me but clearly after all the time the club spent on rehab after his injury he has no sense of repaying the club in any way . Coventry City isn't big enough for him.

hamertime

O' Hare isn't fully focussed on his job in the team. He's playing for himself now and it's beginning to show . Playing to the cameras is all very well but it's starting to irritate .

Having said that he's a very good player and will no doubt contribute between now and the end of the season. Where he goes after that doesn't interest me but clearly after all the time the club spent on rehab after his injury he has no sense of repaying the club in any way . Coventry City isn't big enough for him.
Said this weeks ago, people were saying he needs rest being used too much I said run him in to the ground as he won’t be playing for us anyway if he refuses to play take his wages away. Use him like he is using us.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

To be fair we were ready to flog him to Burnley before he got injured. And at that point he'd shown no desire to leave.

Sick Boy

Would have to agree, love O'Hare but not sure many premier league clubs would take him based on 2 months football so far.

O'Hare was brilliant for us pre injury but lacked the end product to make the step up, looks to have added that now but at the moment his goalscoring form is a purple patch based on his career so far.

Think if we don't go up he's more likely to end up at Burnley in the championship as we know they were keen on him before.
No chance he’ll be in the Championship.

Grendel

he has nothing to repay the club for

Mucca Mad Boys

Has he what?
He’s had a good scoring run, but imo, he needs to get back in the goals and assists to prove he is capable of the big step to top flight football in England or elsewhere on the continent.

He’s a good player but some of his performances have been quite frustrating. In fairness, coming from a long term injury to playing as much minutes as he has done is taxing so perhaps all he needs is a little break.

Last edited:

stevefloyd

The club showed massive support for Jody Jones but when his time come he was gone, there is no loyalty in football from clubs or players the same as in the real world, not that I am suggesting O'Hare isn't better than Jody, but it is a short career for them so if they want to go for better money/higher level thats their choice. He's been good for us very good at times but he didn't cost us anything to get him here and its a shame we cannot cash in on him but theres no need for anyone to feel bitter about him if he does go and good luck to the lad for the future unless he plays against us....

Nick

Administrator
OP is assuming Cal is desperate to sign a new deal but evil Doug won't open his wallet .. ridiculous. Really stinks of that twat Dawkins stirring the pot. He is a massive negative influence on the club now. I wish more fans would call him out. Just bitter at this point. Lame

O'Hare has all the time in the world to wait and see what offers come in. He can see where we are at the end of the season and if we don't match his ambition then he can leave.

Robins has said if he leaves it won't be for the want of trying on the clubs side.

Not for me, if we have thrown everything at him and he has said he wants to see what other offers. Take our offer away or reduce it.

Start looking for somebody else and plan without him, we have had it before where we have pandered. (McNulty I think)

Skyblue Bangkok

The club showed massive support for Jody Jones but when his time come he was gone, there is no loyalty in football from clubs or players the same as in the real world, not that I am suggesting O'Hare isn't better than Jody, but it is a short career for them so if they want to go for better money/higher level thats their choice. He's been good for us very good at times but he didn't cost us anything to get him here and its a shame we cannot cash in on him but theres no need for anyone to feel bitter about him if he does go and good luck to the lad for the future unless he plays against us....
There never has been loyalty, contracts were different before . Players are employees not fans and I don't blame them for looking after no 1. As for Jodi Jones the club had a legal obligation.

Ian1779

I don’t know why we didn’t extend his contract when injured…. It seems a foolish oversight in retrospect.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Not for me, if we have thrown everything at him and he has said he wants to see what other offers. Take our offer away or reduce it.

Start looking for somebody else and plan without him, we have had it before where we have pandered. (McNulty I think)
I'm guessing if , by a miracle , we won promotion this season he would at least consider staying. That's what it's all about I suppose ..
I am with you on this . There comes a point where you have to plan without him because the chances are he's going to be gone, and if that means writing him out of the equation, so be it .
I suppose if Robins thinks including OHare will substantially improve our chances of promotion he'll play him. If he senses OHare isn't giving his all he'll be out.

covcity4life

All in your head

cstring82

It's not necessarily just about maximising income.
What’s else do you think then? Genuine question, as he said he’s still at home and love meeting up with his mates after training etc but if you had the chance to double your money why wouldn’t you?

nunchuckas

I don’t know why we didn’t extend his contract when injured…. It seems a foolish oversight in retrospect.
I guess we couldn't afford the risk of offering a 10k+ contract to a player when there is uncertainty of how well he will recover from a serious injury.

In hindsight it would obviously have been a good idea, but at the time we had no idea how well he would recover and what level he would be at.

ccfcchris

Accepting that this one is a little difficult because O'Hare suffered a long serious injury which would have complicated things I hope the club moving forward does its best to secure its assets so others don't leave on a free.

Not being privy to what goes on I could be miles off the mark. Who knows.

Brighton Sky Blue

Accepting that this one is a little difficult because O'Hare suffered a long serious injury which would have complicated things I hope the club moving forward does its best to secure its assets so others don't leave on a free.

Not being privy to what goes on I could be miles off the mark. Who knows.
The next on the horizon is Sheaf who has 2 years left so see what happens with him I guess. The rest of the new signings being tied down to 4 year deals, some of which have an option in our favour, is a risk if they don’t come good but well worth it if they do.

Happy_Martian

To be fair we were ready to flog him to Burnley before he got injured. And at that point he'd shown no desire to leave.

That was before Gyokeres left and tore the Portuguese and Europa Leagues new a-holes.

Hamer left, probably assumed the same but hasn't improved his stock in the past 7 months.

Not all dreams have happy endings.

Cal's (ill-advisedly) seen where players can go after excelling at Cov and probably thinks he can do the same. He may move to a European club (or Celtic) and do well as their pace is lower than the English game. He'll have time to do his runs and tricks. But if he moves to the Prem, he'll end up like Hamer. Getting paid a lot and struggle, not having the ability to change games.

stevefloyd

There never has been loyalty, contracts were different before . Players are employees not fans and I don't blame them for looking after no 1. As for Jodi Jones the club had a legal obligation.
And they had the same obligation looking after O'Hare, duty of care as an employer

Reactions: KAB

steve101

He has lots of good attributes. However, his lack of pace may hold him back at a higher level. He looks like he is on a treadmill when sprinting over a distance.

Users who are viewing this thread