Can someone fucking explain to me... (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Well someone in the coaching staff has been telling a poster in this forum the team a couple of days before the game all season for a start

chiefdave

way too much comes out of the club imo. surprised something hasn't been done to stop it

not necessarily from a point of view of giving opposition managers a heads up, doubt that makes much difference although didn't a club get caught hiding in the bushes spying on someones training session so you could argue small margins can make a difference

more that too much is coming out and too often. we have every line up hours, if not days before the match, we know players are signing way in advance of any official announcement and most concerning of all things that could unsettle the team and / or supporters gets leaked and then gets taken as fact

its completely unprofessional and I have no idea why it hasn't been addressed

alexccfc99

Yea thats the reason we're shit
It isn't and I get people appreciate the insight mate I get that

But you have got to admit it ain't half unprofessional on the club or individuals part - It seems like people are privvy to the inner runnings of the club and what is going on behind closed doors every day and I get that supporters are the lifeblood of the club but we don't need to know certain things in my opinion

Saddlebrains

Strawclutching this feels like

What harm is it actually doing?

It has zero bearing on what happens on the pitch. And the club know things get out. What makes people think this is coming from a club employee anyway?

Deity

It has zero bearing on what happens on the pitch. And the club know things get out. What makes people think this is coming from a club employee anyway?
I understand your defensiveness @Saddlebrains and I enjoy your insights. That said we all know who ever shares this stuff with you shouldn’t be ….

However it happens at lots and lots of clubs.

I do however think there is a distinction between knowing the line up an hour before we should and the stuff @GIMOC posts which typically seeks to undermine club unity and fan support.

CV22SBA

You really should keep it off the forum then but guess what, next week people on here will be asking you for the team news.

CV22SBA

I understand your defensiveness @Saddlebrains and I enjoy your insights. That said we all know who ever shares this stuff with you shouldn’t be ….

However it happens at lots and lots of clubs.

I do however think there is a distinction between knowing the line up an hour before we should and the stuff @GIMOC posts which typically seeks to undermine club unity and fan support.
I don’t even bother reading GIMOC posts anymore. Just shit stiring negativity about the club.

SBT

There’s zero upside for the team if MR’s plans are leaked early, only downside.

It’s fun for us on here to get inside info and clearly you enjoy being the one to share it, but you can’t try and pretend it’s of no consequence.

Gynnsthetonic

It has to be from a club employee somewhere along the line, could be the kitman for example

Saddlebrains

The reason you are defensive is because you hate the idea of losing your source if it gets stopped.

Not at all, because we would still be friends and he would still know the info

Il just stop posting it from now on, evidently the amount of people pissed off by it then want it now has swayed

SBT

I might do it then, just to see you keep getting enraged by it
Yes I am shaking with rage here

How come you and everyone’s favourite chemtrails expert each came out with the same rumour about the backroom staff within five minutes of each other last night? Just a coincidence, or are you both dancing to the same fiddle?

stupot07

How do we know it doesn't happen at most clubs? We don't spend hours on their forums or scrolling their fans twitter feeds. It may just be the norm now in this digital age.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Didn’t saddlebrains get the team wrong ? Bidwell and Kitching were supposed to be in werent they ? Robins had tried out a back five in last game and most on here were saying that’s how we’d set up

SBT

Didn’t saddlebrains get the team wrong ? Bidwell and Kitching were supposed to be in werent they ? Robins had tried out a back five in last game and most on here were saying that’s how we’d set up
I don’t think anyone on this thread has accused Saddlebrains of being the culprit for this

CCFCSteve

I don’t think anyone on this thread has accused Saddlebrains of being the culprit for this

Sorry, I thought that’s what the thread was suggesting ie team leaks on social media. Didn’t realise it was a different leak

Hobo

It's not the reason but it's not going to help and is unnecessary IMO.

I don't know if the source is a friend of yours but I'm sure they'd be instantly sacked if Robins found out who it was.

They will have signed confidentiality clauses in their contract and yes they would get sacked if proved the leak was from them.

I know people that work in the offices at Coventry Rugby. They have confidentiality agreements and are totally tight lipped about anything behind the scenes. They aren't killjoys, but they are professional when it comes to work.

Briles

absolutely straw clutching. If we had won yesterday this wouldn’t have been brought up. Some people have just got the hump

torchomatic

Yea thats the reason we're shit
Some need a little perspective. Top ten and last 8 of the FA Cup. This tweet reminds us of where we were five years ago.

This forum really is full of bedwetters. Screenshot_20240302_115545_X.jpg

Cally Fedora

I quite like the insights and hope they carry on. If you’re West Brom or any other team you’ve decided on your team days before matchday. Knowing the team early makes absolutely zero difference. And let’s be honest it’s only a choice between two formations.

Users who are viewing this thread