Can someone please explain (1 Viewer)

Otis

Why Portsmouth haven't had 10 points deducted yet? :confused::confused:

I know this was due when they were to exit admin, but surely there has to be a statute of limitations on this hasn't there?

Been 12 months in admin now. Surely there has to be a cut off date in which a deduction has to be made.

Astute

Same shit different day.

They will get 10 points when they exit admin, but if they exit admin after it is known they are already down the points deduction will be made for next season. Also it is not known if it will be just 10 points. It is supposed to be 10 points the first time and more each time after. Also, it can be made more if the league thinks it was done to defraud anyone....in other words intentionally......just like could be said for our predicament.

Otis

they had 9 points deducted in premier league , 10 in championship and will get another 10 when they exit admin

Yeah, but what is stop them choosing the place and time?

10 points off now would see them relegated.

If they are less than 10 points above relegation as this season winds down to its conclusion then it is worth their while hanging on til the end of the season and then taking their chances and the points off next season.

Should they be allowed to be in this position?

Astute

At least Pompey bought some success with their squandered money. What has City got to show for £60million? :facepalm:

No home, shit owners and not much of a future as things stand. Quite a bargain :whistle:

torchomatic

I still don't reckon it's £60M.

At least Pompey bought some success with their squandered money. What has City got to show for £60million? :facepalm:

SkyBlueCharlie

For me the real issue is not how, when or why points are deducted, it is that the people that suffer are the fans and the new owners who are generally blame free in the previous mismanagement of the club. The people that have caused the problem walk away almost scot free. Yes, they may have lost some money but regularly bounce back like Richardson and Bates and go on to screw-up other clubs. Why are they nor punished, why are they allowed back into the game? It's time the FA and the League got their priorities right when their meting our the punishment and stop crucifying the backbone of the sport, the fans, without which there would be no FA or FL and their cushy fat-cat jobs.

chiefdave

Why Portsmouth haven't had 10 points deducted yet? :confused::confused:

I know this was due when they were to exit admin, but surely there has to be a statute of limitations on this hasn't there?

Been 12 months in admin now. Surely there has to be a cut off date in which a deduction has to be made.

The next 10 points are for exiting admin without a CVA, or at least one that the FL thinks is fair. In terms of when it has to happen the FL have said they have to exit admin before the end of this season as you can't start 2 seasons in admin - if they are still in admin after the end of the season they are out of the league.

ccfc92

The next 10 points are for exiting admin without a CVA, or at least one that the FL thinks is fair. In terms of when it has to happen the FL have said they have to exit admin before the end of this season as you can't start 2 seasons in admin - if they are still in admin after the end of the season they are out of the league.

so, all 9 teams above us that got 6 points off pompey, will be deducted them, and we make the play offs ;) :whistle:

chiefdave

so, all 9 teams above us that got 6 points off pompey, will be deducted them, and we make the play offs ;) :whistle:

we should be so lucky! seems the FL just want Pompey to end the season so they don't have that scenario, if they still have problems after that they get kicked out and at a guess an extra team gets promoted from every division below.

SBS

For me the real issue is not how, when or why points are deducted, it is that the people that suffer are the fans and the new owners who are generally blame free in the previous mismanagement of the club. The people that have caused the problem walk away almost scot free. Yes, they may have lost some money but regularly bounce back like Richardson and Bates and go on to screw-up other clubs. Why are they nor punished, why are they allowed back into the game? It's time the FA and the League got their priorities right when their meting our the punishment and stop crucifying the backbone of the sport, the fans, without which there would be no FA or FL and their cushy fat-cat jobs.

I agree with you 100%. The fit and proper person stuff is nonsense. Everything is done with no long term planning in mind and that's affecting so many fans, staff and other businesses.

Although I don't think that you'll see SISU in the football business again. Unless they knew what to look for, I can't see them going through this for a second time. But it would be our luck that they leave us in league two, take control of someone else and leave them in the PL!

davebart

Presumably SISU don't care about a points deduction. They can't make the business work in any division. probably losing less now than in the championship.

davebart

Although I don't think that you'll see SISU in the football business again.

They haven't been in it yet. What they've done is play financial games which they enjoy and are good at. They have been wondering for five years what the green stuff is on the pitch.

Baginton

if pompey arent allowed to start nest season, because they cant agree a CVA, the Blue Square wont' take them as they do not accept teams in Administration, so theyll fall down atleast two more league!

Users who are viewing this thread