Can we catch Leicester? (1 Viewer)

We are 8 points behind Leicester with 12 available from the remaining matches. We are 5 behind on Goal difference. Given the poor run that Leicester seem to be enduring, do you think the mighty Sky Blues can pick it up and finish ahead of the scum this season?

Last edited:

CovScott88

That's what I meant aswell, think it came across wrong. :D

Id love to see us finish above them, but I just can't see it. We would have to win all of our remaining games, which I don't think we will do.

sky_blue_up_north

Very doubtful pretty sure they will pick up a few more points

If they don't get another point we could win 2 draw 2, win 3 or better. I think if we can win 3 draw 1 then we may just do it. But we have some tough fixtures ahead and will have a big shout in who reaches the playoffs.

6 Generations

Even if did not catch them, i think that we could claim a moral victory if we were to finish within 10 points of them!!

We have been on the verge of the abyss, have been decimated by injuries to major players, have suffered through a transfer embargo (still are!!).

We have been forced to sell our best players, including one of most promising academy products of all time.
On top of this we have suffered weekly, or sometimes daily upheaval in the boadroom, gone on a run of 1 win in 18 games and sacked our manager in favour of our quite brilliant chief scout!!

In light of all this, our performance this season should be considered a remarkably positive one!!!

If there was any justice in football, (and there rarely is), it would to me, be a thing of absolute poetic beauty, should they not make the play-offs having invested heavily in Sven and the mercenary Premiership loan players.

PUSB

rob9872

Yakubu and Vassell over £100k p/w between them and they still can't even reach the play-offs. Shocking manager overspent and overpaid, but like the 'star' players he brought in, he won't be there next season.

Godiva

Leicester have proven that quality loan players, a world class manager and owners ready to bleed money for fun is not a certain road to promotion.
You can argue that they had a very poor start and a lot of catching up to do - which they did. Now, this close to the finishing line you would expect all their quality would kick in - and yet they fail miserably.
All they have achieved is a bleeding red deficit in their accounts.

Remember how we all cried in desperation when we didn't get in a few loans in January?

smileycov

Facebook User
Makes it worse when you think of all the games we dropped points (needlessly) under Aidy......3-4 more points and we may well have hit the Playoffs!!

If only we had same squad and AT next year!!!!!!!! :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread