Car Park C (1 Viewer)

ricohroar

Appologies if posted before. But thats a lot of car parking going from the area?
0_take-off-for-ev-626961.jpg

Terry Gibson's perm

If something like that ever happens they will need to review the on street parking as you can’t take away hundreds and d spaces and offer nothing back.

samccov1987

Think that’s been moved to central six, going up as we speak. New Hilton is supposed to be built on it though so defo less parking in the future

Grendel

Would be fine if we had a functional public transport system.

well it wouldn’t work for a lot of people - I wouldn’t be going if I had nowhere to park

pusbccfc

Need to scrap the 2 mile exclusion zone. It was put in place on the basis of good public transport links that never materialised

Certainly should trim it down to a mile.

Philosorapter

Apparently when the Landing Strip goes, they're going to say they're building a battery factory instead so no one will realise the devastation to the local economy for not having their Nandos delivered on time.

Philosorapter

Remember folks, you can put in planning permission for anything. It doesn't necessarily mean it's ever going to be built.

You don't even need to own the land or property, I believe.

rob9872

Disagree, the answer is to deliver the transport
I think we'd all prefer that, but after years of planning for 'Areana 2000' and 17 years of the stadium, I think we've got more chance of seeing Grendel and O'drivel tying the knot.

chiefdave

Remember folks, you can put in planning permission for anything. It doesn't necessarily mean it's ever going to be built.

One of the justifications for the hotel, and the deal the council did with Wasps regarding the land, was that the hotel was desperately needed for City of Culture. That will be over before there's any sign of a brick being laid.

borastons

I've been in contact with the CBS Parking contract manager and he said he was unaware of change in capacity for car park C for next season. Pricing details are due the end of this week/beginning of next. Not sure whether that's also the release of parking season tickets. It'll be an expensive month if it is.

borastons

CBS parking season tickets are now showing for next season....£230 ,was £200 this season so an increase but less than everything else is increasing.

Liquid Gold

It’s ok they’re gonna put a teleported into car park A so we have no worries.

They do need to sort out public transport from the rest of the city but still have car parking capacity for those of us outside Cov. While I’d love to get the train all the way my wallet couldn’t take it.

chiefdave

It’s ok they’re gonna put a teleported into car park A so we have no worries.

They do need to sort out public transport from the rest of the city but still have car parking capacity for those of us outside Cov. While I’d love to get the train all the way my wallet couldn’t take it.
Do the park and rides still operate? When I used to travel up from Portsmouth I'd use them and it was a decent service but can't recall seeing the buses waiting after a match for years now. Always seemed pretty busy so not sure why they'd scrap that if they have.

Liquid Gold

Do the park and rides still operate? When I used to travel up from Portsmouth I'd use them and it was a decent service but can't recall seeing the buses waiting after a match for years now. Always seemed pretty busy so not sure why they'd scrap that if they have.
To be honest I don't know as it never gets to that point.

It's cheaper to drive a car alone so when there are 4 of us the cost of car compared to train doesn't factor. Wish it was an option.

wingy

Just picking up on this late.
My maths are poor but is that a hike of around 15% .
What on earth justifies that?
I mean the club has real overheads involving humans and hardware services etc .
What do these lot provide , automated access of vicinity for 2hrs 23 time's a season .
Requires some mass disobedience to shake it up.

borastons

Park and Ride should be the answer...I remember using one near Ryton I think a few years back and was a lot easier.

Sadly I'm at the mercy of the Car Park due to the distance I choose to travel and my constant worry about not being able to park. I'm south of Bristol and used their P&R for the Ashton Gate game, it's normally into town then switches to Ashton Gate when there's matches on and seemed to work well although was a bit quiet on the way home.

shmmeee

Agree but sufficient parking is vital at any stadium venue. Take that away and a lot of people probably just won't bother going.

Especially those that live further afield.

Well that’s the status quo: we have shit public transport and a parking exclusion zone.

TBH I’ve always come by car and never had an issue be it parking at Tesco, being dropped off, or using something like JustPark.

duffer

Doesn't mean it's going to be turned down either, given the 'relaxed' approach of our council to HMOs, green belt development, student flats etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread