Match Thread Cardiff (1 Viewer)

coop

Most teams around us are picking up points and we are on a downward spiral. We play with 1 up front and can't score for toffee. Max baka not good enough.

tigersb

Sorry but we really can't continue playing Max
We're also missing Kelly badly

Johnnythespider

FWIW i think we are playing far too rigid a shape, Robins should let the players off the leash and give them the freedom to play, the midfield need to be free to run beyond the strikers as we are too easy to defend against as it stands, whether we have one or two up front.

Hobo

I get all that but we did things today that played into their hands, avoidable things.
Gifting them free kicks and throw ins from positions where they were able to utilise their long throw.
We made it easy for them.

And I get all that too. But that is what you will get from a League 1/ League 2 squad away against a top Championship/Premier League squad.

I am sure the players were warned about giving away free kicks throw ins etc., But it is going to happen over 90 mins. But we just didn't defend those situations well enough. That is nothing to do with tactics. That is players not dealing what is in front of them.

Brighton Sky Blue

And I get all that too. But that is what you will get from a League 1/ League 2 squad away against a top Championship/Premier League squad.

I am sure the players were warned about giving away free kicks throw ins etc., But it is going to happen over 90 mins. But we just didn't defend those situations well enough. That is nothing to do with tactics. That is players not dealing what is in front of them.

Making it far too easy is what frustrates the most about these games. You just know the opposition only has to score once

clint van damme

to be honest I'm not sure about that.
The best way to avoid it would be not to overplay in areas where it was likely to happen yet we did.
I can't help think Robins didn't warn then at all.

I'm never too overly critical of Robins or the players but today was dreadful. However the last time I really went in on Robins was Shrewsbury away 2019 and we all know what happened after that so hopefully this kick starts a similar run.

cc84cov

to be honest I'm not sure about that.
The best way to avoid it would be not to overplay in areas where it was likely to happen yet we did.
I can't help think Robins didn't warn then at all.

I'm never too overly critical of Robins or the players but today was dreadful. However the last time I really went in on Robins was Shrewsbury away 2019 and we all know what happened after that so hopefully this kick starts a similar run.
Everything is far too slow pedestrian build up crossing to 1 man

stay_up_skyblues

Dogpiss today. But don’t rule out a couple of points from the shockers coming up. Watford won 6-0 today and we got a result against them. Then no reason we don't go on another run when this horror block is out the way.

I am concerned that Blues sack the manager now and they have a bounce though.

cc84cov

Robins CWR -

“poorest performance of season ref allowed them to kick O’Hare off the pitch we gave them the goals can’t do it and expect to draw or win games,too many non performers,very disappointing last 15-20 we started to create but was too late at 2-0 still a way back in,wasn’t enough,at times we miss 2 up front 100% agree with it,we need more scrapping,fighting we’re looking for protection from officials,we Have to be able to cope,fight & scrap it was too easy for them,really angry about it,21 chances on goal flatters us,leo knocks marko out the way for their second rose needed to take a whack for it,3rd goal we turned away it’s a disgrace a disgraceful goal...Callum O’Hare kickedoff the pitch another game mid week,what ever I do we need a fighting performance who everplays has gotta roll their sleeves up,looking for a reaction

CCFCSteve

We were shocking today. Nothing more needs to be said.

In the important areas we were but 21 shots away from home, 66% possession and home team scoring three from three in target also tells its another tale (think they dropped off after the third but crazy errors aside I think we’re in the game - said that so many times this season though !)

Ps still hoping this is just our dip and other teams around us purple patch.

Edit - 18th time we’ve hit the woodwork today. Lucks got to change.... surely !!!

Users who are viewing this thread