Carlisle away (1 Viewer)

Swanny80

With two huge away games coming up lets not forget the importance of games such as Carlisle away which I've just noticed tickets have gone on sale for. Ok so it's our longest away trip of the season but its a ground that with 1000 fans or so we can really create a great atmosphere.

And remember its on the Sunday after the JPT game so it's better than the usual Sunday afternoon with Gary Neville!!

Who's planning a road tip to Carlisle then?

Astute

Me. Only 80 miles away. Went out on the piss there a couple of weeks ago. Not a bad night out.

Swanny80

Really old school ground that we visited a few years back when we beat them in the carling cup.

Their home record is the worst in the country I think. If you ever want to see an away win this is it ( not that we are short of them at the moment)

These next three weeks will make or break our season and this is the type of game where we need our fantastic away support more than ever!

SkyBlueUkeman

Really old school ground that we visited a few years back when we beat them in the carling cup.

Their home record is the worst in the country I think. If you ever want to see an away win this is it ( not that we are short of them at the moment)

These next three weeks will make or break our season and this is the type of game where we need our fantastic away support more than ever!

Weird that isn't it? you'd think their home form would be pretty good considering their ground may aswell be in mordor.

Paul CCFC

Tempted. Any idea on difference in times on a round trip driving from Cov compared to hopping on a train? £40~ return would probably work out cheaper than a tank or so of petrol, I just don't think I could sit on a train for 5/6 hours in a day!!

torchomatic

Great ground. Been there a couple of times. One stand is longer than the other, well it was the last time I was there.

torchomatic

As long as the traffic is light you should be OK. Me and my mate got to Dumfries to see Queen of the South in four and a half hours once.

Tempted. Any idea on difference in times on a round trip driving from Cov compared to hopping on a train? £40~ return would probably work out cheaper than a tank or so of petrol, I just don't think I could sit on a train for 5/6 hours in a day!!

Brighton Sky Blue

That £40 is with a railcard only and I've no idea how near the ground is to the station!

pusbccfc

I'll hopefully be going

Astute

It is about as far from my house is to Cov, but m6 all the way so should do it in less than 4 hours by road.

LB87ccfc

Deffo going with a few of the others, should be a good day and a good win, what else are you going to do on a sunday?

brinner

With two huge away games coming up lets not forget the importance of games such as Carlisle away which I've just noticed tickets have gone on sale for. Ok so it's our longest away trip of the season but its a ground that with 1000 fans or so we can really create a great atmosphere.

And remember its on the Sunday after the JPT game so it's better than the usual Sunday afternoon with Gary Neville!!

Who's planning a road tip to Carlisle then?
i will be there :D

davebow87

Pissed off that they have moved this game. Bought train tickets for the original date and they won't transfer them!

Astute

Go a day early. The place is full of fit women. Cheap hotels. You would only need a ticket home. You might even meet someone from Cov that can give you a lift home....if you are from Cov that is

urbanbushmonkey

Pissed off that they have moved this game. Bought train tickets for the original date and they won't transfer them!

Price we pay for being successful :).

I'm unsure whether to drive up with my mate the night before and stay in a travelodge or do the train up and take a 19" flatscreen/xbox and play on the train up.

shoesmith81

long drive

I go up to scotland a fair bit and it is a long drive up the m6.

If you have the time and money make it a long weekend!

sky_blue_up_north

Yes I'll be there ..

rickyCCFC

Going up to Ibrox to watch Rangers on the saturday, night out in Glasgow, then travelling down to Carlisle Sunday morning. 8 of us.

brinner

Going up to Ibrox to watch Rangers on the saturday, night out in Glasgow, then travelling down to Carlisle Sunday morning. 8 of us.
shud be a good weekend pal, i will be giving you grief for the afternoon....................from the Berwick end :D

Astute

Fair play to people making this trip! it is a long old journey!!!

Long journey? It is only up one road and you are there :D

Will make a change not to leave my house at 4am to go to a game :p

Astute

It's 3:30 hours on a clear run. Done it in 3 but that's at 85mph.

Depends on what day, time and also time of year. Can be held up at Brum, Liverpool, Manchester and Blackpool. Should do well on a Sunday though.

Swanny80

yep 3 hours straight up the M6. Wont take too much longer than some London games to get too by the time you've messed around on public transport.

Users who are viewing this thread