Carsley signs up for CCFC (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

How Kulinski forms the idea that Carsley is unsuited to the role because of his dogged & unflashy playing style, his agreeable disposition & a press profile that was never critical of his team mates or club is beyond me.

What I see is a guy who is focussed & structured in his approach, he planned his future & got the badges, that is a good start.

Judge the man by results, not the outcome by unrelated observations.

hamil99

Facebook User
To be honest kuklinski I don't think its fair how u were so harshly insulted at the start of this thread, but I do get the feeling u like "not being a sheep" therefore u go against popular opinion no matter if its good or bad....

you're an idiot

I believe he achieved way more than his ability warranted, and our supporters make the mistake of hero worshipping him on the basis of him saying the right things in the media and "putting the miles in" on a football field. Am I right? Am I wrong? Neither, it's just my opinion.

And your point is??

Surely this can be construed as him having more intelligence/knowledge than ability, each is a gift and you can go far with either. One is more destructive than the other. One is more inspiring than the other. Yes in an ideal world the ability of George Best and the leadership and knowledge of a Bryan Robson would be a wonderful coach (Ryan Giggs anyone? remember that idle gossip!). There are a number of coaches in the backroom set-up and, ability wise, the kids appear to be doing exceptionally well. Well maybe we fear them all turning into waste of space Thornton and need a grounded, high achieving above ability type who will rein them in when they step out of line. Carsley has achieved the heights of sustained premier league and international football and even the champions league! If that isn't inspiring enough for the kids on the fringes with limited natural ability then I really hope Cuckoolinski can clear up what is???

Nonleagueherewecome

Thanks, you're an idiot, that's kinda what I was saying. The mobster has missed pretty much every point I was making, as expected. Metaphor, comparison and analogy obviously not being common concepts in the mob underworld.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I see both sides of the argument here, whilst Carsley will be respected and looked up too and he will be able to get the youth mentally prepared I have doubts about his technical ability, the way he played questions his approach to coaching. However a playing role is different from a coaching role and arguably the 2 teams that play the "prettiest football" for the last 5 years in Barcelona and Arsenal are managed by Wenger (a defender) and Guadiola (DM).

That said you don't play as many games as Carsley in the top flight for as many years if you are poor player

Kuklinski

How Kulinski forms the idea that Carsley is unsuited to the role because of his dogged & unflashy playing style, his agreeable disposition & a press profile that was never critical of his team mates or club is beyond me.

What I see is a guy who is focussed & structured in his approach, he planned his future & got the badges, that is a good start.

Judge the man by results, not the outcome by unrelated observations.

I never said he was unsuited to the role, I just fail to see why people are so excited about a man who was an integral part of the team that was relegated before he jumped ship, and then when he came back to sort his "unfinished business" he failed on that part too.

Thanks, you're an idiot, that's kinda what I was saying. The mobster has missed pretty much every point I was making, as expected. Metaphor, comparison and analogy obviously not being common concepts in the mob underworld.

Nice way of avoiding the questions thrown back at you. I'm still waiting on you naming the managers I am indirectly mocking? Perhaps you haven't answered because you have realised it was a stupid thing to say.

ccfc2011

Good appointment good luck lee.

kg82

How much is the game changing ? Kick into row z , take him out, brake his legs ....

those days are finished...

we are asking someone from those days - to coach our future.

You're judging too soon, he hasn't even started properly in the job yet! I can see where you're coming from BUT, here are a few examples that might make you think twice about presuming how someone will coach a side because of his playing style - Aidy Boothroyd: Winger with flare and good feet, liked to play it on the floor. Andy Thorn: Tough tackling, no nonsense centre back who took no prisoners and wasn't exactly elegant on the ball. I know it's not exactly the same thing as coaching in the youth set up, but my point is don't judge a book by it's colour.

You're judging too soon, he hasn't even started properly in the job yet! I can see where you're coming from BUT, here are a few examples that might make you think twice about presuming how someone will coach a side because of his playing style - Aidy Boothroyd: Winger with flare and good feet, liked to play it on the floor. Andy Thorn: Tough tackling, no nonsense centre back who took no prisoners and wasn't exactly elegant on the ball. I know it's not exactly the same thing as coaching in the youth set up, but my point is don't judge a book by it's colour.

Yours and a few others views have made me see the other side and perhaps I am guessing his playing style be like his coaching before he's even had chance, I hope he does well and I can see your point.

rob9872

Erm, that is what I was MEANT to say! Let me off that one, I hadn't slept for 3 days before last night and I now also have jetlag!

Lol no worries mate :) hope you had a good hol

Users who are viewing this thread