CBS issues (10 Viewers)

alexccfc99

Did anyone else at game tonight notice how they were advertising Wigan tickets on the electronic hoardings round the perimeter of the pitch?

Reading between the lines they must be confident it’ll be on if they are doing that

martincov

No, it’s not that at all. They need holders of 75% of the bonds value to agree to any proposal they put forward. Bondholders see the mortgage they hold as being worth £35 million and they will want as much if their money back as possible.
I see, mis understood what you said. I suppose even £35 million max or possibly less, woud that entice SISU? who knows eh.

CCFC54321

The Richardson fella will have protected his stuff best he can. I think he will only have put in what he can afford to lose. wasps rfc will survive. The arena company under whatever name will go and be up for grabs. CCC wil have to deal with whoever as they own the freehold and the lease ultimately. CCC will not want a white elephant they will want it off their hands if their wasps project fails. They also have a duty to the citizens of Coventry to do the best deal they can and not for themselves. I appreciate that CCFC have debts but wasps debts are way beyond what even premiership rugby can correct.
Well said.

slowpoke

Our pitch will be made safe to play on hopefully by Tuesday it will have to be, might be patched & in crap condition but once deemed safe we will play on it.

CCFC54321

Our pitch will be made safe to play on hopefully by Tuesday it will have to be, might be patched & in crap condition but once deemed safe we will play on it.
Yep I’m expecting it to be on. However, new turf if re laid in patches (if that’s what they have done?) takes around 2-3 weeks to knit so I expect a pitch in mid January condition!

KenilworthSkyBlue

I don’t think we will. The pitch will get to a position it is playable and we will have to accept that

Then see how Wasps deal with their bigger issues

Granted it'll have to get categorically worse for it to get to that point, but I just can't see the club lying down and taking Wasps breaching their contract. Their recent comments certainly don't suggest that either.

It'll be very interesting to see how Wasps react to any action the club take. Neither side can obviously afford a move away and it would certainly be catastrophic for both parties but what's the outcome if the club take the legal route or withhold rent?

slowpoke

Yep I’m expecting it to be on. However, new turf if re laid in patches (if that’s what they have done?) takes around 2-3 weeks to knit so I expect a pitch in mid January condition!
Agree we are going to have to put up with it until the five week World Cup break then hopefully get it somewhere near right. We play our last home game November 12th until 17th December but of course there will be rugby games so problems there.

Last edited:

Grendel

Granted it'll have to get categorically worse for it to get to that point, but I just can't see the club lying down and taking Wasps breaching their contract. Their recent comments certainly don't suggest that either.

It'll be very interesting to see how Wasps react to any action the club take. Neither side can obviously afford a move away and it would certainly be catastrophic for both parties but what's the outcome if the club take the legal route or withhold rent?

i would think if they have raised a CVA they won’t be spending anything on the pitch

KenilworthSkyBlue

But this is the issue isn't it.

What's the pitch going to look like come actual mid-January when both Wasps and CCFC have been playing on it week in week out.

I can honestly see us being in the exact same position as we are in now as it quite obviously won't be maintained properly.

It highlights why it's so important to get the pitch right over the summer.

CCFC54321

What's the pitch going to look like come actual mid-January when both Wasps and CCFC have been playing on it week in week out.

I can honestly see us being in the exact same position as we are in now as it quite obviously won't be maintained properly.

As slowpole mentioned that World Cup window is an opportunity to patch it up enough to get through the season.

That said, wouldn’t surprise me with wasps financial position they have booked the international drag car racing on the pitch for that month!

Grendel

It’s pretty obvious unless we do something ourselves the pitch is as it is and what the grounds staff can do with it

KenilworthSkyBlue

As slowpole mentioned that World Cup window is an opportunity to patch it up enough to get through the season.

That said, wouldn’t surprise me with wasps financial position they have booked the international drag car racing on the pitch for that month!

Who's paying for that though? Seemingly Wasps have put the brakes on pitch maintenance in order to save on cost and will likely only do the bare minimum. There's now clearly zero chance of a pitch re-lay as well.

November is also a pretty hideous time to do any real pitch improvements anyway given the weather.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I am fearful of the condition it might be in when we get to winter and think it may end up unplayable again, especially once the rugby starts. There's going to be no major work done on it for the foreseeable future and I can only see the relationship between CCFC and Wasps deteriorating massively over the issue, probably once again ending in litigation.

CCFC54321

Who's paying for that though? Seemingly Wasps have put the brakes on pitch maintenance in order to save on cost and will likely only do the bare minimum. There's now clearly zero chance of a pitch re-lay as well.

November is also a pretty hideous time to do any real pitch improvements anyway given the weather.
I imagine it’ll be cosmetic repairs to see us through and then await the bun fight…. however, that is if wasps can survive the season?

Grendel

I imagine it’ll be cosmetic repairs to see us through and then await the bun fight…. however, that is if wasps can survive the season?

Well there won’t be much repaired if they don’t survive

Marty

The rugby League world cup is being played on it during the football world cup so it won't even have time to recover then, we're going to be stuck with this pitch until the summer.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not really, because Wasps will be playing on it and the only way to get it prepared properly at that time of year would involve an expensive set up of heatlamps which neither us or Wasps can really afford at this moment in time.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I am fearful of the condition it might be in when we get to winter and think it may end up unplayable again, especially once the rugby starts. There's going to be no major work done on it for the foreseeable future and I can only see the relationship between CCFC and Wasps deteriorating massively over the issue, probably once again ending in litigation.

Indeed. I'd be astounded if further games aren't rearranged to be played away later on in the season. This isn't going to be an issue isolated to the first few home games.

slowpoke

We, ccfc will have to pay theres no one else. It’s the way it is unfortunately.

KenilworthSkyBlue

There are heat lamps?

I could be wrong but I'd imagine they're rented as I'm sure they cost 10s of thousands to purchase outright. Then there's the cost of operation and energy use on top of that which can't be cheap in the current climate.

If that's the case then the onus will be on the club to sort/arrange and bear the cost.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
This was posted on this thread previously, but has more info on the technical side of grass growing! -

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I could be wrong but I'd imagine they're rented as I'm sure they cost 10s of thousands to purchase outright. Then there's the cost of operation and energy use on top of that which can't be cheap in the current climate.

If that's the case then the onus will be on the club to sort/arrange and bear the cost.
I did mean renting them, but again not going to be cheap and as you say running them would be ridiculously expensive.

djr8369

We have a subtenancy that would stay in place. Bit like selling a rental property with a tenant, not vacant possession.
After if the stadium isn’t suitable for use? Or we
The rugby League world cup is being played on it during the football world cup so it won't even have time to recover then, we're going to be stuck with this pitch until the summer.
Ffs are you kidding?

Hobo

Something people are forgetting. Wasps need a good pitch too. They dont want players getting injured anymore than us.

I know some of our fans dont like rugby and that is fair enough. But some maybe suprised that many of the centres and wingers would smash a lot of professional footballers in a foot race down the pitch. They change direction too. So they dont want an uneven surface either. It is not all about scrums.

I think it will be a difficult surface all season. But I think Wasps will put more effort into it than people think. The bond refinance is a big problem for them. But Wasps are not about to collapse like a pack of cards.

Users who are viewing this thread