CBS issues (5 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

Don't we need a Sandronomist though?

@Bugsy suggested head tennis in an earlier post. Personally, I suggest Sand Castle building for the first half. Ref can choose best castles and appoint a goal for each of the best. Second half, a goal is removed from your opponents score if you successfully knock down each of their castles while they're doing the same to yours :) Still a chance of a 0-0 result after 90 mins but there could also be a surprise 11-11 🤣 😆 🤣 😖

ccfcchris

Well as no one else has mentioned it so I'll be the one to get shot down in flames. If there's a hosepipe ban are we f*cked pitch-wise?

Hobo

I am hearing a lot about ideal growing conditions. Lots of sun as long as they can get water on the pitch.

The problem here is the sun is so strong water evaporates quickly or dries out in the ground.

Also hot sun and water can burn off young shoots.

Gardeners know in hot weather you water very eary and very late in the day to avoid some of the above.

For me the weather conditions have played a big part in the way the pitch is. I think Wasps CCFC and the EFL didnt make allowances for the weather we have had.

I am not saying other factors havent played a part.

Bad Boy

@Bugsy suggested head tennis in an earlier post. Personally, I suggest Sand Castle building for the first half. Ref can choose best castles and appoint a goal for each of the best. Second half, a goal is removed from your opponents score if you successfully knock down each of their castles while they're doing the same to yours :) Still a chance of a 0-0 result after 90 mins but there could also be a surprise 11-11 🤣 😆 🤣 😖
I'll bring some flags for the sandcastles and can I fill the moat in with some water from my bucket please? 🤣

Old Warwickshire lad

I am hearing a lot about ideal growing conditions. Lots of sun as long as they can get water on the pitch.

The problem here is the sun is so strong water evaporates quickly or dries out in the ground.

Also hot sun and water can burn off young shoots.

Gardeners know in hot weather you water very eary and very late in the day to avoid some of the above.

For me the weather conditions have played a big part in the way the pitch is. I think Wasps CCFC and the EFL didnt make allowances for the weather we have had.

I am not saying other factors havent played a part.
The sprinklers will be on a timer.

Hobo

The sprinklers will be on a timer.

And inbetween the timers the ground will just dry out. It is hard in this heat to replicate ideal moist growing conditions.

It is why in hot climates in Portugal a Spain they grow crops on terraces that are on slopes.

The slope helps the water run down and irrigate the ground and crops.

On a flat surface water evaporation is a big problem. If you just keep piling water on in extreme heat you just scorch your tender shoots.

Also sports pitches are designed to drain and not retain moisture.

I am just pointing out that extreme sun and water are not ideal growing conditions.

oscillatewildly

Are we seriously gonna get this shit on?
Ive booked my night shift off for this - especially as it's my birthday.
Free drink by the way to anyone who presents themselves to me claiming one.

SkyBlueSoul

Article here. Tried to reverse it but couldn’t

“On Thursday, an independent internationally established research and agronomy company, appointed by the EFL, evaluated the pitch at the Arena. They have experience at a range of international tournaments and stadiums in the UK and abroad. It was their finding that the pitch would not be safe or playable for Tuesday’s game against Wigan Athletic.”

How long is this going to go on for?

fernandopartridge

Embarrassing and find Boddy's look over there nauseating. Why wasn't any action taken back in June even Wasps said they weren't going to invest in the pitch? It is critical for the club and they could have taken the bull by the horns then, not wait until days before the season and have two matches postponed.

Honestly, fuck off Wasps and fuck off SISU

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Danceswithhorses

Crikey...what a huge disruption the pitch is causing.
Other fans must look at our club and think what a bunch of amateurs we are (without maybe realising the mad set up we have with the stadium).
The 2 warring factions should hang their heads in shame for making the club look so amateurish

SeaSeeEffCee

Embarrassing and find Boddy's look over there nauseating. Why wasn't any action taken back in June even Wasps said they weren't going to invest in the pitch? It is critical for the club and they could have taken the bull by the horns then, not wait until days before the season and have two matches postponed.

Honestly, fuck off Wasps and fuck off SISU

Bang on. The club admit they knew about it in June, despite previously acting as if they didn’t, and did fuck all to resolve the situation until 2 days before the first game. Jokers.

Liquid Gold

It's pretty clear once again that actions to distress landlords take precedence over fans and players wanting to play in Coventry

I agree with this but I also think Wasps haven't got a pot to piss in and are having serious cash flow issues so pressure form us in June would likely have lead to the same situation we're in now.

They just can't afford to provide a pitch.

Dominic H

Boddy comes out and said they knew in June that they weren’t getting a new pitch so why’s he only tryna do something about it now when it’s last minute

Also says I don’t want to talk about it in public while he’s literally talking about the situation publicly

Useless twat

clint van damme

In a season which already has spells of serious fixture congestion, and with a small squad, I think this is going to be very damaging.

I'll be surprised if Robins is here come the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread