CBS issues (6 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Of course. I’m not suggesting the club confirm things prematurely, especially when things were fluid, I’m suggesting they communicate what’s going on behind the scenes and what timescale they’re working on to give people a bit of clarity.

But again, if people would rather know nothing, that’s up to them.
They wouldn’t but it needs to be accurate, not mislead and not put other activity in jeopardy.
As I say after the first call off Ccfc were clear time and water were not sufficient

SBT

It usually helps if people are that bothered they want to be informed at every little thing then they try to stay up to date and listen to whats been said. (rather than just get worked up by social media)

I was more or less informed by reading stuff online, but casual fans - who we need to sustain and grow the club - deserve a bit more respect than that. It’s not a question of wanting to know “every little thing”, it’s about letting paying customers know what’s being done to honour their tickets, and allowing them to plan accordingly.

(Then again, if anyone knows about being worked up by social media, it’s you)

Nick

Administrator
I was more or less informed by reading stuff online, but casual fans - who we need to sustain and grow the club - deserve a bit more respect than that. It’s not a question of wanting to know “every little thing”, it’s about letting paying customers know what’s being done to honour their tickets, and allowing them to plan accordingly.

(Then again, if anyone knows about being worked up by social media, it’s you)

The casual fans would have just waited for a statement though, based on the last ones? The ones I know did, or would just text saying "do you know if its off yet".

SBT

The casual fans would have just waited for a statement though, based on the last ones? The ones I know did, or would just text saying "do you know if its off yet".

Oh ok great, the system worked then. Another pat on the back for Dave!

wingy

Fan's are meant to be fervent,invested , you make it sound like they should be like a Wasps fan .
It's only natural they are desperate to get info of whatever is happening .

Nick

Administrator
Fan's are meant to be fervent,invested , you make it sound like they should be like a Wasps fan .
It's only natural they are desperate to get info of whatever is happening .

Yeah I get that, the info was put out as soon as it was confirmed though.

It's like with signings, you can't announce stuff and make it public until confirmed. It's like Andy Street making people think a statement would be out that night, people get angry when there isn't.

Remember Marlon King, He's Staying?

wingy

Yeah I get that, the info was put out as soon as it was confirmed though.

It's like with signings, you can't announce stuff and make it public until confirmed. It's like Andy Street making people think a statement would be out that night, people get angry when there isn't.

Remember Marlon King, He's Staying?
Fair enough .

robbiekeane

I planned a wedding. It was on the cheap and very relaxed. I still checked the venue months then weeks then days before the day. I checked the caterers. Everything. You don’t just book it and hope for the best of you’re managing a project.
Thank you for that contribution. I don’t really know what to do with it however as I did not say otherwise.

Congratulations though

MalcSB

Looks like it is somebody just quoting what was said in July?
It is what was said in July, the key point here is that the information has only just been sent to the bondholder, weeks after the event. There have been several posts about bondholders not having been kept appraised of events, but they are all on it now.

Presumably the CEO of Hargreaves Lonsdale should be held accountable for piss poor communication and sacked.

shmmeee

Thank you for that contribution. I don’t really know what to do with it however as I did not say otherwise.

Congratulations though

Well fuck knows what your point is then, because everyone else is talking about whether CCFC have overall responsibility regardless of supplier issues.

robbiekeane

Well fuck knows what your point is then, because everyone else is talking about whether CCFC have overall responsibility regardless of supplier issues.
That’s not what you said, you said you don’t just book something and hope for the best. I would agree with that it’s very solid advice

If your wedding people bailed on you a week before the wedding would that be your fault?

steveo1987

It is what was said in July, the key point here is that the information has only just been sent to the bondholder, weeks after the event. There have been several posts about bondholders not having been kept appraised of events, but they are all on it now.

Presumably the CEO of Hargreaves Lonsdale should be held accountable for piss poor communication and sacked.

*Lansdown.

SBT

That’s not what you said, you said you don’t just book something and hope for the best. I would agree with that it’s very solid advice

If your wedding people bailed on you a week before the wedding would that be your fault?

No, but if the venue bailed on you because of a (very public) event that took place several weeks prior, and you then didn’t take any action to resolve the situation or find another venue for several more days, you wouldn’t have a very happy bride on your hands.

wingy

When exactly do we pay our rent instalments, might have a bearing on what ever is happening ,maybe aligned also with when they receive any disbursements from Premiership Rugby?

fernandopartridge

When exactly do we pay our rent instalments, might have a bearing on what ever is happening ,maybe aligned also with when they receive any disbursements from Premiership Rugby?

Somebody suggested quarterly in advance which would mean that the next quarter payment is due around now

Sky Blue Pete

So will this £180K ensure the pitch lasts the season, especailly once those gits start churning it up with their glorified hand ball? I think our own groundsmen need to be allowed to inspect the pitch after every rugby match.
It will, otherwise it’s a lot of money to pay for no reward. Intention is to replace the pitch at the end of the season

usskyblue

So will this £180K ensure the pitch lasts the season, especailly once those gits start churning it up with their glorified hand ball? I think our own groundsmen need to be allowed to inspect the pitch after every rugby match.

tbf, the other posters on here are right m8.

A wedding on the pitch would be far fucking worse. The fucking bridesmaids heals alone would cause carnage, let alone the pissed up aunts dancing in the centre circle

chiefdave

Yeah
Wasps have said very clearly that that’s what has to happen and Mr Boddy agrees
to be fair we've been here before with Wasps and Vaughn so that doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
“We’re going to be investing in doubling up our lights. We’re going to be doubling up on the amount of staff on there as well.

“And after the first season of Coventry City being here and the Commonwealth Games, we’re going to be laying an entirely brand-new pitch again.

“So we’re spending a lot of money to get the pitch right.”

Users who are viewing this thread