Ccfc film night (1 Viewer)

Many thanks to Deano for arranging tonights nostalgia night and Billy Belle as MC.

A few absentees but fully enjoyed by those who attended and saw great goals scored by great players - those were the days.

Rumour has it that 20 SB Trust members summoned by CCFC to urgent talks tonight who would have attended - you've seen it here first !!

Otis

Poor turnout.

Shame really. Not only do we struggle to get bums on seats at the Ricoh, but also we can't get bums on seats for a CCFC film night and that was only 3 quid.

Well done anyway Deano and thanks to Billy Bell too.

Think I counted 29 people there.

:(

Bluegloucester

Many thanks to Deano for arranging tonights nostalgia night and Billy Belle as MC.

A few absentees but fully enjoyed by those who attended and saw great goals scored by great players - those were the days.

Rumour has it that 20 SB Trust members summoned by CCFC to urgent talks tonight who would have attended - you've seen it here first !!

Any truth in this?

WillieStanley

Hi Deano. I hope it was a decent night. It was one I really had my heart set on but in the end, there were no sitters available for my girlies! Id like to go if you do it again!

ashbyjan

Any truth in this?

Trust were not summoned by CCFC to any meeting last night - we did have our own meeting to discuss the prospect of Admin and our reaction/course of action but certainly nothing to do with CCFC. As far as we are aware the remaining Directors of CCFC Fisher and Labovitch were not even in Coventry yesterday - Fisher in Germany and Labovitch in London. Obviously we are in constant dialogue with both CCFC and ACL but this rumour is untrue.

Otis

Hi Deano. I hope it was a decent night. It was one I really had my heart set on but in the end, there were no sitters available for my girlies! Id like to go if you do it again!

I had the same thing .... only I got my 83 year old mum and dad to come over on the bus and babysit. Did feel really guilty about it though.

The wife let me down at the last minute after I had been constantly reminding her about it all week long, but I had the ticket and really wanted to go.

That was the reason I left so quickly at the end (wasn't during time added on). As soon as the thing finished I legged it so I could take my mum and dad home.

Would have stayed and chatted to Deano otherwise.

Such a shame so few turned up. There really should have been a couple of hundred there at least in reality, but that's Cov fans for you.

Some great moments amongst the footage and I especially enjoyed the West Ham semi-final and the wins over Villa, Spurs (4-3) and Man U (Huckerby's gem to win it). Forgot how great a player Noel Whelan was for us too!

It was a good night.

Bluegloucester

Trust were not summoned by CCFC to any meeting last night - we did have our own meeting to discuss the prospect of Admin and our reaction/course of action but certainly nothing to do with CCFC. As far as we are aware the remaining Directors of CCFC Fisher and Labovitch were not even in Coventry yesterday - Fisher in Germany and Labovitch in London. Obviously we are in constant dialogue with both CCFC and ACL but this rumour is untrue.

Thanks Jan

psgm1

Banned
This is the whole problem with the SBT - All talk NO ACTION. 100's claimed to be supporting - less than 30 actually turn up!

And yo expect to have a say in running the club? In reality you represent only the 30 who turned up.

Stop pretending you are the voice of the fans - because that you most definitely are not!

Again proven by just 30 turning up!

How do you honestly expect to raise £5-10 million when you cannot even get 200 to turn up at £3 / ticket

What a joke

ashbyjan

No problem - the Trust is about getting the facts out, unlike too many people associated with the whole sorry saga. We hope to publish our report on the questions we have put to CCFC and ACL early next week.

RoboCCFC90

For the one's who said they would be there but never showed up,don't make false promises
and then you have a go at SISU for doing the same.

Woud have loved to of been there mate, but Exeter's a bit far away :(

ashbyjan

This is the whole problem with the SBT - All talk NO ACTION. 100's claimed to be supporting - less than 30 actually turn up!

And yo expect to have a say in running the club? In reality you represent only the 30 who turned up.

Stop pretending you are the voice of the fans - because that you most definitely are not!

How do you honestly expect to raise £5-10 million when you cannot even get 200 to turn up at £3 / ticket

What a joke

This was a film night organised by Deano - he kindly agreed to split half the profts with the Trust and the former players association - perhaps you will be having a go at them as well.
I know facts are not something that ever get in the way of some peoples prejudices but
1. We have never said we want to run the club but we do want the views of fans and the community taken into account by owners
2. We are not the voice of the fans and never claim to be - we represent our growing number of members
3. Why would we want to be raising £5-£10 million? We are not trying to buy the club

I think you owe Deano an apology - he worked very hard to put this night on and hopefully it won't put him off, nor will ill judged comments such as yours.

Covstu

What a joke

This was a completely separate event you prat!

SonofErnie

This was a film night organised by Deano - he kindly agreed to split half the profts with the Trust and the former players association - perhaps you will be having a go at them as well.
I know facts are not something that ever get in the way of some peoples prejudices but
1. We have never said we want to run the club but we do want the views of fans and the community taken into account by owners
2. We are not the voice of the fans and never claim to be - we represent our growing number of members
3. Why would we want to be raising £5-£10 million? We are not trying to buy the club

I think you owe Deano an apology - he worked very hard to put this night on and hopefully it won't put him off, nor will ill judged comments such as yours.

Seems like you can't win these days ! I for one applaud you for at least trying to do something and for trying to encourage dialogue between the parties. It may only change things by 1%, but that could be the crucial difference in the end

covcity4life

i play 5 a side footy thursdays

i would have liked to have gone otherwise, just to kiss otis on the lips...like a frenchman

dongonzalos

No problem - the Trust is about getting the facts out, unlike too many people associated with the whole sorry saga. We hope to publish our report on the questions we have put to CCFC and ACL early next week.

Jan that was a while ago that you did a question and answer session with both sides. When will it be in here?

ashbyjan

Jan that was a while ago that you did a question and answer session with both sides. When will it be in here?

ACL questions and answers were done a couple of weeks ago in one meeting but we have had three meetings arranged and cancelled by CCFC - we finally did one with Fisher in Cov last week and then had to go down to London to see Labovitch and then the two of them together in Cov earlier this week - nailing jelly to a wall would have been easier!! But I now have all the answers and will be putting them together over the weekend (oh what an exciting life I lead!) and they will be published early next week. Trust me its interesting stuff and will be worth the wait - tease that I am ;)

dongonzalos

ACL questions and answers were done a couple of weeks ago in one meeting but we have had three meetings arranged and cancelled by CCFC - we finally did one with Fisher in Cov last week and then had to go down to London to see Labovitch and then the two of them together in Cov earlier this week - nailing jelly to a wall would have been easier!! But I now have all the answers and will be putting them together over the weekend (oh what an exciting life I lead!) and they will be published early next week. Trust me its interesting stuff and will be worth the wait - tease that I am ;)

Ah sorry I misunderstood I thought you and Kingharvest had done one with both ACL and SISU a few weeks ago and we were just waiting for it to get posted in here.

Look forward to the questions and answers getting posted.

Wish it was tonight.

ashbyjan

Ah sorry I misunderstood I thought you and Kingharvest had done one with both ACL and SISU a few weeks ago and we were just waiting for it to get posted in here.

Look forward to the questions and answers getting posted.

Wish it was tonight.

Sorry about confusion - Andy/Kingharvest is not part of the Trust but we are both members of the SCG - this exercise is a Trust initiative as we are independent of the club and can therefore talk to both sides impartially.

RedSalmon

It was an excellent night, really enjoyed it!! It brought back a lot of happy memories.

Nice work Deanno, you did a superb job.

dadgad

Deano - Don't be hard on yourself (or them) for the no shows. Your initiative will not have gone unnoticed and full credit to you and those that did attend - a sign that this club
is not dead. Far from it. Well done.:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Otis

Talk last night was that they may take this round the clubs, so life in the old dog yet.

Must have took Deano hours though, especially to get each half down exactly to 45 mins each.

Otis

Nope. Loads of clips, rather than full matches and starting from the 60's all the way through to the 2,000's. Deano timed it though so both 'halves' lasted 45 mins each.

There was extended highlights of a few games, but I would say no more than about 6 or 7 mins each.

RedSalmon

It was very well done. Really appreciate the effort you took Deanno.

Reminded ne what a fantastic team spirit we used to have.

dongonzalos

For the one's who said they would be there but never showed up,don't make false promises
and then you have a go at SISU for doing the same.

30 is a good number to be proud of.

I have attended lots of arts council funded film nights. Advertised heavily with flyers and the radio not get numbers like that.

Be proud well done!

Otis

But maybe that is telling you something about yourself, Don?

Everything I have ever put on has always had a couple of hundred at least.:whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread