CCFC in Parliament Today (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Did he really use the phrase "SISU's fans"? WTF.

Did he really use the phrase "SISU's fans"? WTF.

Was it Les Reid that suggested the Arena could be bought for £7m?

It's a good point that he raises though. Media speculation that the Ricoh could be sold for £7m suits SISU down to the ground doesn't it? Coincidence?

torchomatic

Poor choice of words indeed.

Ainsworth has said that "SISU fans" have suggested the Arena could be sold for £7m. Possibly a poor choice of words unless he knows something we don't.

torchomatic

Yes, we do all do that from time to time. I thought it was a little silly though. There aren't any SISU fans. Only Coventry fans who happen to disagree on where a solution to our problems lie.

I agree with Robinson too, who like him or not, pumped loads of his own cash into CCFC. Ainsworth hasn't paid much attention to us in the past. Still, at least he is now, I guess.

Perhaps.... but we have all made such errors? - irrespective if indeed they were a poor choice of words I agree 100% with the sentiment behind them.

bigfatronssba

Just a hunch, but that interview suggested to me if sisu put in a bid of £25m on the ground then it would be seriously considered by the council.

It would be naive to think Ainsworth and Ann Lucas don't talk.

skybluetony176

Just a hunch, but that interview suggested to me if sisu put in a bid of £25m on the ground then it would be seriously considered by the council.

if she put any offer in i'm sure the CCC/Higgs would at least have to have a discussion about it and therefore take it into consideration. therein lies the problem, joy diversion has never made an offer for it to be considered. just played lots of silly games through the media, rent strikes and judicial review. has it never crossed her mind to just make an offer? as far as i'm aware that is the only real way to purchase property.

Yes and BA brings the question that we should all be asking our club's owners:

Why haven't they made a reasonable offer? Or even an offer at all?

torchomatic

Because that's what we do. Like you would focus on something written by Les Reid.

I've got nothing against Les Reid - point me to any post in which I've criticised him.

Everyone has their own views on what the solution is and I respect that.

I only ask that any criticism is constructive and focuses on the points being made, not how they're being made or the words being used to make them.

What a dreadfully weak response from the minister. That 3-4 minute dialogue added nothing to the debate and indicated that the government are not going to get stuck in any time soon. Well done to Bob A. He spoke with clarity and passion. And that is said by someone who is not of his political persuasion. Additionally, what the hell was Robinson trying to contribute, good put down by BA and it was interesting to see GR squirm. Mr Cunningham did add value. The conclusion is.......well no change. Lets just hope the action takes place behind the scenes.

if she put any offer in i'm sure the CCC/Higgs would at least have to have a discussion about it and therefore take it into consideration. therein lies the problem, joy diversion has never made an offer for it to be considered. just played lots of silly games through the media, rent strikes and judicial review. has it never crossed her mind to just make an offer? as far as i'm aware that is the only real way to purchase property.

Could it be that JS and SISU just do not have access to that level of funding?

What a dreadfully weak response from the minister. That 3-4 minute dialogue added nothing to the debate and indicated that the government are not going to get stuck in any time soon. Well done to Bob A. He spoke with clarity and passion. And that is said by someone who is not of his political persuasion. Additionally, what the hell was Robinson trying to contribute, good put down by BA and it was interesting to see GR squirm. Mr Cunningham did add value. The conclusion is.......well no change. Lets just hope the action takes place behind the scenes.

Yes. Things like "the FL league deserve some credit" and "they will do what they can but it is down to the owners and the administrators (?!)" was not what we wanted to hear. Really struggled to believe anything will be done any time soon in our case or in general by the end of that response (even if she had been allowed more time).

torchomatic

Typical Government response though, isn't it? A bit like the fact that people WILL die this winter because of fuel bills. Rather than do anything about the Government just say, "find a cheaper deal".

Yes. Things like "the FL league deserve some credit" and "they will do what they can but it is down to the owners and the administrators (?!)" was not what we wanted to hear. Really struggled to believe anything will be done any time soon in our case or in general by the end of that response (even if she had been allowed more time).

MichaelCCFC

v interesting being there and view of the crowd was Ainsworth's response to Robinson was really funny, the use of the word 'fans' was a football theme comment which didn't seem out of place and just seemed to be shorthand for kite flying. Was good to see C&W Lab and Con MPs there plus other MPs interested in football generally. Overall it felt like another small step in the right direction and my guess is BA will now be doing some discrete lobbying of Sports Minister.

SkyblueBazza

"Offers" are not their way of doing business. Creating distress to the point the other party has no genuine at that moment alternative beyond acceptance is how they do business.
SISU's hope/plan is perhaps that by the end of Q1 2014, there will be insufficient replacement events announced for the summer for ACL to recoup what they have lost from the football...& become so severely distressed that they sell cheaply.

georgehudson

so, is it therefore too much to ask, after a relatively short, but reasoned debate, that Ms. Seppala actually comes out to reply to these questions ?

or, is there another agenda, on behalf of her 'investors' ?

& further if anyone on here, has a pension fund,
have you asked whether your fund(s), are investing in sisu ?

i would sincerely hope that the new sports minister is fully aware of the situation that CCFC fans find themselves in,
& that she is primarily proactive & subsequently reactive,

we are talking about tens of thousands of people here,

as far as the beautiful game is concerned, millions,

don't let this opportunity be passed by,

PUSB & long live football

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes, we do all do that from time to time. I thought it was a little silly though. There aren't any SISU fans. Only Coventry fans who happen to disagree on where a solution to our problems lie.

I agree with Robinson too, who like him or not, pumped loads of his own cash into CCFC. Ainsworth hasn't paid much attention to us in the past. Still, at least he is now, I guess.

You forgot about Godiva and RFC! I think the target was possibly Reid, who certainly suits that label.

torchomatic

Possibly Reid, though a little childish if so. Total the opposite view to Lucas who said how good the local media coverage had been.

You forgot about Godiva and RFC! I think the target was possibly Reid, who certainly suits that label.

Users who are viewing this thread