CCFC make groundsman redundant (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think, him being an award winning groundsman, ACL have offered him the job and he handed in his notice at CCFC

torchomatic

Jack, could you please highlight the word "redundant" in the article on the official site? FFS.

ajsccfc

It says he's working full-time at the Ricoh rather than splitting his time, so not exactly a redundancy.

Although it raises the question why the Ricoh Arena would need its pitch tending to on a full-time basis considering we're definitely never playing there ever ever again ever ever.

SkyblueBazza

In fairness - CCFC (is it Holdings? Or Ltd...link is taking ages to open) have no ground...no groundsman required i.e. redundant (similar has happened to me twice in the last 10yrs, so I feel for him/her it ain't nice). They are fully planning on using someone else's ground whose groundsman would probably be at least a bit barked if they allowed someone else in to do his job.

Nick

Administrator
So if we aren't going to be playing there, ACL will be paying a fella money to look after a pitch that isn't being played on?

wingy

It says he's working full-time at the Ricoh rather than splitting his time, so not exactly a redundancy.

Although it raises the question why the Ricoh Arena would need its pitch tending to on a full-time basis considering we're definitely never playing there ever ever again ever ever.

Or indeed why the rest of CCFC playing Surfaces don't require his Services .

torchomatic

ACL still think the Olympics happen every year. Or maybe it's the top class Rugby matches being played there all summer.

So if we aren't going to be playing there, ACL will be paying a fella money to look after a pitch that isn't being played on?

Sky Blue Dal

Could it be Coventry Jets are moving to the Ricoh with Haskell IV as there new owner!! :confused:

Last edited:

wingy

Keep up the ADMIN or SISU will be seeking a deal to carry on playing @RICOH.

Anyone who Disses this guy should realise he knocked back going to look after the Emirates a year or so ago .................What a Mug.:facepalm: Seriously well played by him.:p

skybluepm2

Another one of the high earners off the list...all part of Turkey Tim's master plan. I wonder if his wages will go into the transfer kitty? Oh wait......

bigfatronssba

Acl are relaying the pitch over the summer.

torchomatic

hutch1972

They have the ground, now one of the top groundsman (or should that be men??) in football, all they need is a football team.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sky-blues-groundsman-defects-work-4031470

Top groundsman !!! , Me and the Mrs would do a better job on that pitch ,it was a total shit pit all season.
I would agree that the rain and snow over the last 9 months or so has not made it easy but i saw many lush green surfaces on English grounds ,even at the end of the season.

SkyBlueUkeman

Top groundsman !!! , Me and the Mrs would do a better job on that pitch ,it was a total shit pit all season.
I would agree that the rain and snow over the last 9 months or so has not made it easy but i saw many lush green surfaces on English grounds ,even at the end of the season.

Well considering it has been used non-stop for a year, with concerts and the olympics, he hasn't done a bad job.

Don't be fucking daft.

Users who are viewing this thread