CCFC moving to Hinckley rumour (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Great idea from a Sisu point of view.

New ground in a LE postcode area will eliminate the need for it to be redeveloped.

ecky

Well, that'll give the good folk of Leicester 2 clubs to choose from. Coventry City playing in Leicestershire :facepalm: whatever next.

Steve.B50

http://www.football.co.uk/coventry_...bility_for_new_sisu_stadium__rss4493923.shtml

obviously just a rumour but apparently we started it.

does anyone have any insight to the rumour? I've heard it suggested but wouldn't go as far as to say its a rumour. perhaps i'm just not well connected.

The rumour started from a comment made by reporter in Hinckley.
The ex chairman of Hinckley Utd who is trying to reform a team in the town knows nothing of this story.

bigfatronssba

Would explain the comment from Fisher "We have been talking to council's outside the City boundary, who would welcome the Sky Blues with open arms".

None of the Warwickshire Councils seemed to know anything about it. Perhaps he's been talking to Hinckley & Bosworth BC?

skybluetony176

The rumour started from a comment made by reporter in Hinckley.
The ex chairman of Hinckley Utd who is trying to reform a team in the town knows nothing of this story.

lets hope he reforms the team and they get in the ground quick. this would be such a bad idea for CCFC and surely the last nail in the coffin.

bigfatronssba

lets hope he reforms the team and they get in the ground quick. this would be such a bad idea for CCFC and surely the last nail in the coffin.

Their bound to try and do it then!

Steve.B50

I know the Council have said that if they can get it from Administrator the new club can rent it from them and re form. Its strange as the rest of the ground is still working well and making money it's just the pitch and the main stand that's involved.
Ideal situation but I doubt the people of Hinckley will be very keen.

RoboCCFC90

This move if it ever were to happen would test my faith, Coventry City in Incestershire? No thanks.

J

Jack Griffin

Its 11 miles and Hinckley hasn't exactly got good transport connections. I can't see it being a realistic move, it would probably condemn the club to division 4 or worse.

johnamcp

Fight, fight wherever we maybe, we are the boys from Hin-ker-lee!!!!!!

I see fishers thought process in all this. ...

RoboCCFC90

Fight, fight wherever we maybe, we are the boys from Hin-ker-lee!!!!!!

I see fishers thought process in all this. ...

We will have to change it too:

Now, now whatever it may be, we take pride Incestry, we'll fuck them all where ever they maybe, cos we all support Incestry

J

Jack Griffin

Now I'm confused, is Coventry in Warwickshire, the West Midlands or Incestershire?

RoboCCFC90

Now I'm confused, is Coventry in Warwickshire, the West Midlands or Incestershire?

Our club will never be apart of Incestershire, it's the worst form of humiliation.

letsallsingtogether

And some will still go "it's about supporting the team" Bollox

RFC, Cityforlife and the rest of their mates

I work in insester if this happens would have to give up my job in humiliation. :pointlaugh: already get loads of shit but won't be able to argue that move

oscillatewildly

Well, look at it this way - we'll be getting closer to home! Yet more kudos for the club. Not just the only club to have played in every div the FL/Prem has had, but also the only club to have played their "home" games in three different counties. (Surely?)

Manchester_sky_blue

Whilst I have no doubt that SISU will eventually get their grubby mits on the Ricoh and we will end up back there I can envisage us moving to Hinckley in the short term. Having our own ground again would allow us to play at 3pm on a Saturday again and it is closer to Cov which despite the strong feelings of most fans about playing outside the city would result in bigger crowds than we get at sixfields. Plus the ground makes money and has permissions for retail and leisure developments around it. Sisu would see that as an asset and owning it would not stand in the way of a Ricoh return.

Not in support of it in any way, I would no more go to Hinckley than I would go to Sixfields but from SISU's point of view it appears to stack up as an option.

Last edited:

lewys33

I actually thought that when it was announced about hinckley that there could be our potential new stadium! It makes sense to people like TF however it is clearly ridiculous to us!

Sky Blue Dal

This aint going to happen..

Geographically this is a poor location to set up a professional league football club and to attract future investors, let alone attracting existing fans and new fan base to total in excess of 12,000.

Definitely will be a waste of + £30M on which will end up becoming a defunct stadium whilst being a loss maker.

The population of Hinckley and the surrounding area of 10 miles is smaller than Coventry and majority will most likely not be football fans. The one's that are probably follow the bigger premier league clubs.

SISU seriously have to be stupid to set up there. I doubt they would, but then again won't put it past them.

Don't Panic!!!

Last edited:

Vedere

Then in line with the Hull Tigers rebranding, then can call the team: Central Sky Blues or Sky Blue Elephants, if they think the latter will help tap in to huge Asian markets with the adoration or elephants in places like: India, Sri Lanka and Thailand!

Actually, I hope Joy doesn't read this forum because I'll have given her a great idea!

Users who are viewing this thread