CCFC to be fined? (1 Viewer)

ecky

I heard from a work colleague today that the FL will fine CCFC for not fulfilling their league fixtures.

Anyone else heard this? If Nuneaton and Bedworth can put their games on today then it is probably true?

torchomatic

They've nothing to "take on" as SISU or the Club aren't at fault for the weather, are they?

The FL would not dare take on Sisu :thinking about:

Last edited:

SkyBlueScottie

They may well fine them if we don't complete our fixtures. However to do so now..... All league clubs could currently be fined for not completing their fixtures.

jas365

They may well fine them if we don't complete our fixtures. However to do so now..... All league clubs could currently be fined for not completing their fixtures.

I've only just noticed today that Crawley have only played 25 games! They have 9 games in March and have a midweek fixture every week until mid April!

skybluetony176

The only case I can think off where a team has been fined for not fulfilling a fixture was when Bryan Robson cancelled a Middlesbrough game because he said he couldn't make a team up from his squad. The FL didn't buy it and they got a financial fine and a points deduction.

If memory serves me correct they won the rescheduled match but the points deduction was more than 3 points and they went down. If he had of fielded a team of reserves and lost I think they would have stayed up.

Can anyone remember if we stayed up as a result? I want to say yes but just can't remember if that's true or not.

Anyway back on topic. I don't think any club has ever been fined because of the weather stopping play.

ajsccfc

A team will be punished if they can't fulfill fixtures, but in the way that they either can't or won't play like Middlesbrough that time (EDIT: what tony said a few seconds before me). A weather postponement isn't really in the control of any team.

Sky Blue Pete

what else is it off for? :confused:

Is that a serious question?

We are sharing a ground with a team in League 2 and attempting to play 46 games instead of 23 games throughout the season - I think that may have something to do with it!

Would be such irony if the football league's decision means we are not able to fulfil our fixtures!!

Sky Blue Pete

Not a Crawley fan so don't really care about them - facts are if we were at the Ricoh no games would have been postponed and even if they had been we wouldn't have trouble to re-arrange them as we would not be sharing the pitch with another team who have priority on dates

SkyBlue_Bear83

The majority of teams have only played 30/31 (including todays) so we're not that far behind (29), only Notts and Bristol have 32.

Postponements are a regular occurrence at this level, difference was in years gone by we were fortunate to have an excellent stadium where it didn't usually happen. We're not gonna be fined, your work colleague is full of rubbish

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not a Crawley fan so don't really care about them - facts are if we were at the Ricoh no games would have been postponed and even if they had been we wouldn't have trouble to re-arrange them as we would not be sharing the pitch with another team who have priority on dates

Yes, you are correct. If we were at the Ricoh then they definitely wouldn't be postponed but we're not going to be fined because of 2 postponements

SkyBlue_Bear83

It does highlight the absurdity of the situation though, with these postponements and then trying to reschedule the games around Coventrys, Northamptons and the away teams schedule when there is a perfect pitch sitting in Coventry.

It's a shitty situation but the way a few go on you would think Sixfields was the first stadium to ever have a match postponed in the football league

ccfc92

It does highlight the absurdity of the situation though, with these postponements and then trying to reschedule the games around Coventrys, Northamptons and the away teams schedule when there is a perfect pitch sitting in Coventry.

It's a shitty situation but the way a few go on you would think Sixfields was the first stadium to ever have a match postponed in the football league

Agreed. It's just another string in the bow of anti sixfields.

NorthernWisdom

The only case I can think off where a team has been fined for not fulfilling a fixture was when Bryan Robson cancelled a Middlesbrough game because he said he couldn't make a team up from his squad. The FL didn't buy it and they got a financial fine and a points deduction.

If memory serves me correct they won the rescheduled match but the points deduction was more than 3 points and they went down. If he had of fielded a team of reserves and lost I think they would have stayed up.

Can anyone remember if we stayed up as a result? I want to say yes but just can't remember if that's true or not.

Anyway back on topic. I don't think any club has ever been fined because of the weather stopping play.

We did. Was this season: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996–97_in_English_football#FA_Premier_League

Technically, Strachan managed to relegate us twice...

chiefdave

I assume this is rubbish but I wonder if NTFC / CCFC had to give some assurances of the pitch being able to cope with 2 teams playing on it? Obviously you can't legislate for the weather but an argument can be made if games at Sixfields are being called off while other teams in and around the area, some at a lower level, are still playing.

ccfcway

Agreed. It's just another string in the bow of anti sixfields.

Laughable. Not had a game called off at home in god knows how long. The home of CCFC sitting empty and playable, and yet "its a string to the bow of the anti sixfeilds"

Noggin

Tell your mate he is full of it :)

It's certainly very rare that a thread that starts with

I heard from a ... XXXXX

has any merit at all weather xxxxx is a friend/bloke down the pub/work college/hair dresser/player that will remain nameless/member of staff high up at another club etc etc

ccfcway

Prior to this season in Northampton, have CCFC had a home fixture postponed in the football league ?

skybluesam66

in 85, we played our last 3 games after all other fixtures in the league were completed. Won all 3 to stay up. so would not be the 1st time we have struggled to complete our fixtures

skyblueref

I heard from a work colleague today that the FL will fine CCFC for not fulfilling their league fixtures.

Anyone else heard this? If Nuneaton and Bedworth can put their games on today then it is probably true?

Thats the funniest thing I've heard all day !! They're not deliberatley not fulfilling they're fixtures has he seen the weather we've had !! That would mean that loads of teams would be fined…basically what I'm trying to say is he's a bullshiter ! :p :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread