CCFC trying to gag supporters? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Well, at least according to a report here. It is Covmad though.

More hardball from SISU

It has been brought to our attention that Coventry City's current board and owners are trying to buy the silence of supporters by offering to work with them.
The Coventry Supporters team run by James Penny are the latest ones to have had a meeting with CCFC officials and be offered the chance to be involved with the plans of the Sky Blues and treated like the club treat the Academy etc.
However, in order for this happen, the supporters team have had to agree to have a code of conduct in place; one rule of which states that no player or representative of the supporters team should be posting messages on social media sites or be seen clearly protesting against the club or its owners.

Coventry City are, according to one post, monitoring the twitter and Facebook pages of players.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_trying_to_gag_supporters_794496/index.shtml

Brighton Sky Blue

The club tried to gag my Tim Fisher parody on Twitter last year because it was 'too realistic'.

James Smith

More hardball from SISU

It has been brought to our attention that Coventry City's current board and owners are trying to buy the silence of supporters by offering to work with them.
The Coventry Supporters team run by James Penny are the latest ones to have had a meeting with CCFC officials and be offered the chance to be involved with the plans of the Sky Blues and treated like the club treat the Academy etc.
However, in order for this happen, the supporters team have had to agree to have a code of conduct in place; one rule of which states that no player or representative of the supporters team should be posting messages on social media sites or be seen clearly protesting against the club or its owners.

Coventry City are, according to one post, monitoring the twitter and Facebook pages of players.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_trying_to_gag_supporters_794496/index.shtml
If true - Nice and charming aren't they?

James Smith

Can we confirm this? Ooooo wait hummm.......
But they've been gagged, how would we ever know if they can't talk about it?:thinking about:

Colin1883

More hardball from SISU

Don't most companies monitor fb and Twitter?

Sick Boy

The-X-Files-the-x-files-7775977-1024-768.jpg

Otis

The supporters team isn't an employee of Coventry City though is it?

If true isn't this like Tesco trying to gag its customers.

James Smith

My thoughts exactly.

Company doesn't want employees slagging off company in public is pretty standard isn't it?

Doesn't make for sensationalist propaganda that, though.
But is/are James Penny and the Coventry Supporters team a CCFC/SISU etc. employee(s)? and If not then the situation is completely different.

NorthernWisdom

It isn't even saying that! It's just saying if they worked closer with the club they'd have to sign a code of conduct.

Again, pretty standard! If I volunteer at certain places I'd have to do the same.

It's mischief making of the highest order to sensationalise it like that.

James Smith

It isn't even saying that! It's just saying if they worked closer with the club they'd have to sign a code of conduct.

Again, pretty standard! If I volunteer at certain places I'd have to do the same.

Ah yes but you'd be volunteering, did the Supporters team volunteer to work closer with SISU/CCFC? From what I've read they're being offered some mostly unspecified benefits in return for not being able to slag off SISU. If it was me I'd rather keep my freedom of speech thanks.

Grendel

Precisely any organisation that allows customers access to specific information would insist on the same.

Senior Vick from Alicante

They will probably be getting season ticket holders and junior sky blues to sign disclaimers that they can't do the same, that's if we have a ground to buy tickets to go to of course. Why can't they keep their gobs shut about everything to do with club like they have always done? They come out with stupid statements all the time at the moment, taking a large pinch of salt as its on sky blue mad. Fisher you have no right to demand anything, you don't have the golden ticket or a ground to play football at. You have a lot of player registrations which may be useless after we here from the administrator, the only thing you and the idiots you represent own is a training ground at the moment. Do us all a favour keep your mealy mouthed offers and statements to your self, you only re-enforce what the vast majority of us faithful think of you and your paymasters. We the fans are the club, we are the life blood through our attendance at games and through our purchases of shirts, you are nothing other than a desperate man clutching at straws. You will never silence the views of the faithful, if we do see you in the media again this year will you be wearing a Nazi uniform? They tried to silence the masses once but I don't think their around now. Keep the faith

NorthernWisdom

Ah yes but you'd be volunteering, did the Supporters team volunteer to work closer with SISU/CCFC? From what I've read they're being offered some mostly unspecified benefits in return for not being able to slag off SISU. If it was me I'd rather keep my freedom of speech thanks.

Every organisation I've been involved with, be it employee or volunteer, has expected me to adhere to a code of conduct and had a series of set rules in place.

It's no shocker.

They're also not forced to get closer involved if they don't think they can adhere to that code. It's a non story.

James Smith

Every organisation I've been involved with, be it employee or volunteer, has expected me to adhere to a code of conduct and had a series of set rules in place.

It's no shocker.

They're also not forced to get closer involved if they don't think they can adhere to that code. It's a non story.
Wondering why the offer was made, are SISU trying to build bridges with the fans or are any of the team very vocal critics of SISU?

James Smith

It's hard for me to put time into it at the moment. If time allows and Tim is still here after graduation I might get back into it ;)
Good luck with the course/exams, got a Desmond myself after falling out big time with one of the lecturers :slap:.

wingy

Hey Mischeif is a much overused word in Linnel speak you know!!;):p:facepalm:

psgm1

Banned
Hang on this a football supporters team - it is (supposedly) a group of fans having a game with other groups of fans. Why are sisu getting involved AT ALL? Can uo imagine any other club trying to gag fans? IT is supposed to be a bit of fun I presume. Once you sign contracts and cow tow to the owners wishes, you are sliding down a slippery slope. What next? Post match interviews? Professional managers?

What precisely are the club going to provide? I'd tell them to fuck off, but sisu don't seem to listen to the fans (and never have)

SkyblueBazza

Hang on this a football supporters team - it is (supposedly) a group of fans having a game with other groups of fans. Why are sisu getting involved AT ALL? Can uo imagine any other club trying to gag fans? IT is supposed to be a bit of fun I presume. Once you sign contracts and cow tow to the owners wishes, you are sliding down a slippery slope. What next? Post match interviews? Professional managers?

What precisely are the club going to provide? I'd tell them to feck off, but sisu don't seem to listen to the fans (and never have)

Think it might be the "Official Supporter's Club" status...i.e. affiliation to the actual club comes at a price - it usually involves terms & conditions such as those outlined.

What really concerns me is the fact that IF this is true they are only now trying to exercise this "control". It smacks of desperation & damage limitation. Preferable action would be to provide a regular steady stream of factual & carefully considered statements to inform supporters what is happening.
The first best point(s) of contact nowadays seems the Official Website/Twitter/Facebook route. A business like ours constantly in the public eye (even moreso than the giant supermarkets due to the passion related to what happens) surely must have something to report on EVERY day - even close-season. Whether it is about players, club, community. THAT is how to get closer to the fans.

James Smith

I'm currently on a Geoff-which I will get barring a City-esque aberration :p
I hope you get it, I was on for a Trevor until my lecturer decided she didn't like my interpretation of her brief for part of the course and marked me down.

ajsccfc

I had an Onye parody account that was a bit of a success for about a week before the plug was pulled. I had Richard Keys ask me what I was doing with the club before he realised it wasn't the real Igwe about a minute later.

bigfatronssba

Is tango kens account anyone on here?

dadgad

In light of the recent CET poll - 93% of fans would not buy a season ticket with club leaving Coventry - which clearly indicates that Sisu have lost the pr battle so they now try and gag criticism. They haven't a clue. A club's fanbase and ties with the community are fundamental to its health.
I hope the Football League and Administrator are monitoring these ruinous cretins.

Users who are viewing this thread