CCFC trying to gag supporters? (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I had an Onye parody account that was a bit of a success for about a week before the plug was pulled. I had Richard Keys ask me what I was doing with the club before he realised it wasn't the real Igwe about a minute later.

That was you? Good work :D

Linnell blocked my Tim Fisher one-still not sure why.

dongonzalos

Hang on this a football supporters team - it is (supposedly) a group of fans having a game with other groups of fans. Why are sisu getting involved AT ALL? Can uo imagine any other club trying to gag fans? IT is supposed to be a bit of fun I presume. Once you sign contracts and cow tow to the owners wishes, you are sliding down a slippery slope. What next? Post match interviews? Professional managers?

What precisely are the club going to provide? I'd tell them to feck off, but sisu don't seem to listen to the fans (and never have)

I think you will actually find they have been offered playing contracts for next season.

Hence a code of conduct us totally acceptable

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I got told off and had it taken down by Twitter for not explicitly putting PARODY ACCOUNT in the description. I think that tells you a lot about what Twitter (probably rightly) thinks about the intelligence of a lot of its userbase. I changed it but the appeal was gone.

Brighton Sky Blue

That says a lot about Mr Linnell if he got it blocked, maybe some one should do a Linnell show parody?

Linnell blocked it (just means 'Timmy' couldn't follow him). The club I believe were the ones who complained to Twitter and tried to get it taken down-I got the account reinstated but like I said above I just don't have the time for it anymore. A shame given how much material I'd have to work with this season.

Brighton Sky Blue

I got told off and had it taken down by Twitter for not explicitly putting PARODY ACCOUNT in the description. I think that tells you a lot about what Twitter (probably rightly) thinks about the intelligence of a lot of its userbase. I changed it but the appeal was gone.

They wanted me to change virtually everything so it was no longer a parody-they even complained about the realism of the posts. Like you, it took the appeal off.

CCSFC

Just to clear up the light on this - SISU are not trying to "gag" us. We had a meeting with representatives from the Club last week - our statement to our players on Facebook has been misconstrued and words twisted in parts - aswell as the original agreement being misinterpreted by myself in parts also. Thats all i'm willing to say on the matter.

I will put on record that we've been working hard to get this link with the club; 5 years in fact. And just as it feels we're getting somewhere, an article pops up which is a load of old nonsense.

ajsccfc

Giving up at that point is the better option, lest it end up like this piece of crap - https://twitter.com/hazza_redknapp

The author couldn't keep up the awful pretence so resorts to stealing gags from smarter people and making terrible sex jokes. Annoyingly people seem to like it.

ajsccfc

I will put on record that we've been working hard to get this link with the club; 5 years in fact. And just as it feels we're getting somewhere, an article pops up which is a load of old nonsense.

That doesn't sound like the Cov Mad I know!

Grendel

Just to clear up the light on this - SISU are not trying to "gag" us. We had a meeting with representatives from the Club last week - our statement to our players on Facebook has been misconstrued and words twisted in parts - aswell as the original agreement being misinterpreted by myself in parts also. Thats all i'm willing to say on the matter.

Wonder who will be the first poster to say that your being told to say that by the owners?

Two horse race in my view.

NorthernWisdom

Get off this board with your pro SISU propoganda:thinking about:

Colin1883

Does it seem strange to you that all of a sudden after "5years" that the club are suddenly interested in your group? ... It seems your members will become another pawn in the game...

James Smith

Good to hear it's all above board, keep up the good work - just to check, did you meet the Administrator or some people from Holdings?

CCSFC

Good to hear it's all above board, keep up the good work - just to check, did you meet the Administrator or some people from Holdings?

Neither. We met people from the actual football club side of things.

singers_pore

The team should sign the gagging agreement with SISU and then break the agreement. After all, that is the example that SISU has set for us all.

James Smith

Ah okay and useful if they are actually interested in football, not sure that meeting the administrator would have achieved much except some more billable hours.

ajsccfc

Does it seem strange to you that all of a sudden after "5years" that the club are suddenly interested in your group? ... It seems your members will become another pawn in the game...

I'm sure they're smart enough to know if they were going to be exploited in such a manner.

Don't most companies monitor fb and Twitter?

Might be better if they spent more time meeting there legal requirements such as submitting accounts and attempting to run the club in a professional manner. If they did that they might be glad to hear fans opinions.

Otis

Nonsense from Covmad? Surely not. :eek:

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

dadgad

Might be better if they spent more time meeting there legal requirements such as submitting accounts and attempting to run the club in a professional manner. If they did that they might be glad to hear fans opinions.

Too simple, honest, sensible and straightforward for Sisu. They have a different agenda.

I'mARealWizard

Not to be facetious, but are there any people left at CCFC besides the manager, players and backroom staff that are involved in that?

They don't appear to have been for some time.

torchomatic

Last edited:

mattylad

Like with the ladies it is probably just part of Steve Waggots community programme.....and how dare CCFC expect any organisation it is affiliated with to not slag it off :facepalm:

CCSFC

Like with the ladies it is probably just part of Steve Waggots community programme.....and how dare CCFC expect any organisation it is affiliated with to not slag it off :facepalm:

That is exactly what is happening. Waggott wants all avenues of the club to be in unison.

In response to the earlier question about staff - yes there is. Marketing staff are still heavily involved within the day to day running of the club.

SonofErnie

That is exactly what is happening. Waggott wants all avenues of the club to be in unison.

In response to the earlier question about staff - yes there is. Marketing staff are still heavily involved within the day to day running of the club.

I applaud most of the work Waggott has done since he joined the club, unfortunately it's been implemented 3 years too late when the cause has been lost.

ricohman

If people are given some sorta inside knowledge, its obvious ccfc wouldnt want it revealed.

If they want in the loop they have to keep their mouths shut, seems ok to me

Users who are viewing this thread