CET: Robinson liable for 250k of Ricoh rent (1 Viewer)

and if you remember Mr Robinson had the balls to walk around the ground where the fans were before games, at a time the club was in sheer crisis.. ffs the guy in my opinion gave us the best team we have seen , lost £20 million and kept the club alive. he was too rich to cream off the club,,, others did though. when will the fans give Mr Robinson some credit.??

Grendel

If true - and GR has to cough up a wedge - well, it COULD NOT happen to a nicer, more honourable, trustworthy, and admirable chap.
Pleased for him, I'd be.....chuffed to me bollocks.:D:guitar2:

Pathetic as usual

J

Jack Griffin

the guy walked away from 20 million pounds and he is a wanker???!!!:facepalm: we have got some pathetic fans

He didn't really http://www.football-finances.org.uk/coventry/interest2.htm

He took loads out of the club with the loans he made to it, all he was doing was cutting his losses after already having sucked the club dry & appointing a chief executive that was a gambler & took a punt too many. In the end they both gambled, but the bet didn't pay out, I believe he recovered the money he put in, but maybe didn't make the massive returns he was hoping for.

PS FYI Craigavon is GRs trust fund.
PPS According to a poster below GR admitted publically that some of his loans attracted 20% interest

Also he is a politician, isn't that a synonyn for duplicitous? :thinking about:

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

I'm not making a statement, I'm not telling anyone what to do, I am merely anylysing - given the information available to me at this time - what the actual position is between CCHC and ACL, and that analysis is showing me that CCFC, at a rent of 170k, is at just 2.4% of gross turnover not important at all financially to ACL and that should SISU demand a rent of just 170k, ACL would be in a position to tell SISU to take a running jump.
Make of it what you will.

The only reason they now do not need a bloated rent is the restructuring which means the business can operate from a reduced turnover.

As they are in charge of what is clearly a community asset there is a strong argument the club should only pay a nominal rent as seen at other clubs. After all as you have just said they don't need our money.

Sky Blues

A leaked council officers' report proposing the deal to councillors on Tuesday states: “No action has been taken yet by ACL to enforce these guarantees and the extent to which these could be realised to alleviate some of the arrears is uncertain.“ It adds: “The CCFC rent is currently criticial to ACL's viability. However, if ACL enforce payment of arrears and rent in full now, this is likely to result in the liquidation of CCFC.“

If the CET actually has a copy of the leaked report, I wonder if they are going to drip feed bits of it out over the next few days because the Robinson bit, while an interesting line, does seem a bit of a sideshow to the bigger issue which was only really focused on in the section quoted above.

Wrenstreetcarpark

The only reason they now do not need a bloated rent is the restructuring which means the business can operate from a reduced turnover.

As they are in charge of what is clearly a community asset there is a strong argument the club should only pay a nominal rent as seen at other clubs. After all as you have just said they don't need our money.

The spirit of the Sky Blues is owned by the fans

unfortunately the commercial entity which is the Club is owned by Sisu, investors from whereve,r headed by Seppala who has been to Cov, maybe three times to games.

the community asset is the con trick that gets people like you and me supporting the owners against our best interest. I don't want to stand outside Tesco and cheer for the owners, outside M&S and want them to make a bigger profit from me,

that is the problem

and for Grendel and his like they just love to blur the line between a love for the Club and the interests of the investors. For them if you don't agree with the investors running the Club you are not a true Sky Blue fan.

The investors want a low rent, a good profit. Grendel will say they can get that from a good team winning games which is what all fans want to see. For Grendel how you get that doesn't matter. For Grendel what does it matter if the beefburger is 29% horsemeat, for Grendel what does it matter if his Primark shirt is made by sweated child labour in India, so long as he gets his product cheap and the owners make a handsome profit. For Grendel it doesn't matter if LTI is screwed and people lose their jobs: the investors need to make their profit. That is Grendel's world and you, and he are welcome to it.

For me the community asset of the Club is in Coventry, belongs to Coventry and is not about profit for the owners, in my family it goes back unbroken to the 1930s and it is the Club that is important not the rogues and villains that have owned and now own the commercial entity that calls itself the Club.

Beware the fish

Last edited:

Grendel

unfortunately the commercial entity which is the Club is owned by Sisu, investors from whereve,r headed by Seppala who has been to Cov, maybe three times to games.

the community asset is the con trick that gets people like you and me supporting the owners against our best interest. I don't want to stand outside Tesco and cheer for the owners, outside M&S and want them to make a bigger profit from me,

that is the problem

and for Grendel and his like they just love to blur the line between a love for the Club and the interests of the investors. For them if you don't agree with the investors running the Club you are not a true Sky Blue fan.

The investors want a low rent, a good profit. Grendel will say they can get that from a good team winning games which is what all fans want to see. For Grendel how you get that doesn't matter. For Grendel what does it matter if the beefburger is 29% horsemeat, for Grendel what does it matter if his Primark shirt is made by sweated child labour in India, so long as he gets his product cheap and the owners make a handsome profit. For Grendel it doesn't matter if LTI is screwed and people lose their jobs: the investors need to make their profit. That is Grendel's world and you, and he are welcome to it.

For me the community asset of the Club is in Coventry, belongs to Coventry and is not about profit for the owners, in my family it goes back unbroken to the 1930s and it is the Club that is important not the rogues and villains that have owned and now own the commercial entity that calls itself the Club.

Beware the fish

I would imagine you are far more likely to eat a Tescos value burger than me.

What's Primark?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Or ... to flip the coin ... at £170k plus match day expenses ACL should be able to survive and fullfil it's original purpose: Making sure the club has a home.

there you go looking back again and not realising these are now different times, things have changed .....

Sorry Godiva couldnt resist :whistle:;)

Last edited:

coundonskyblue

that is the problem

Beware the fish

The problem is Sisu and the like want their cake and eat it. You can either run a Football club as a Community asset, or as a Business.

If its run as a community asset then loyalty is expected from the fans, and the owners repay that loyalty by running the club in a way that is always best for the club.

If its run as a business then it will be run in a way that is best for the owners, but then as a business the owners can't really complain when the "customers" don't pay for the rubbish product.

The clubs owners have wanted us the fans to treat the club as a community asset, whilst treating it as a business themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread