Champions League 22-23 (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Ah yeah just had a look, last week against newly promoted opposition. Strange move considering he wanted to leave Brighton to play regular football

Will be on a decent wedge at Napoli if nothing else

alexccfc99

Klopps 7 year syndrome. The bloke has form

Part of me wants to knock Klopp but then the other part of me understands he’s been dealt a hand featuring a 36 year old James Milner and Joe Gomez, who if it wasn’t for his turn of place would be nowhere near being a Liverpool FC player

TAA is out of sorts at the moment as well and as is Salah

Frostie

Part of me wants to knock Klopp but then the other part of me understands he’s been dealt a hand featuring a 36 year old James Milner and Joe Gomez, who if it wasn’t for his turn of place would be nowhere near being a Liverpool FC player

Agree with most of that except the bit in bold. TAA isn't out of sorts imo, he's just a dreadful defender & teams are finally finding ways to target him. Losing Mané was a big blow too.

What has Klopp blamed tonight? Pitch? Weather? Ball?

alexccfc99

Agree with most of that except the bit in bold. TAA isn't out of sorts imo, he's just a dreadful defender & teams are finally finding ways to target him. Losing Mané was a big blow too.

You may have a point

I hope Southgate starts Reece James at the WC, I’d probably even have Trippier over TAA on current showings

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Osihem was so wasteful for Napoli. They honestly could have been about six up.

Klopp banging on about how Joe Gomez should be playing for England just gets even more laughable, and the other defenders for Liverpool aren't much further behind in being a laughing stock.

SBAndy

Trent isn’t good defensively, but he does seem particularly poor at the moment. Didn’t see the game last night (had Spurs on instead) but saw the post match analysis which highlighted him getting pulled out of position and walking back as Napoli were attacking. Something not right with him at the moment.

alexccfc99

There's also Walker. I can't see any reason to take TAA to the World Cup.

Not sure if our shambolic performances in the recent batch of fixtures would tempt Southgate to revert to a 5 at the back with Walker playing as the right sided centre half which he went for at the 2018 WC

Nuskyblue

I think that's what did for him at Dortmund tbf, a bit reluctant to renew the squad...

Also having to sell Götze and Lewendowski to Byern didn't help.... can we add Mane to that as well?!

He is an elite manager tho, his record is outrageous considering the two teams in both divisions he has been up against.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Decent game between Shaktar and Celtic though Celtic did enough to win.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Celtic played some great football unlucky in the second half

Paul Anthony

It's just unreal how easy he makes it look. And he's still only what, 22? It's scary to think that he could still get better, but at that age, he's going to end up with a record book all of his own!

Tommo1993

giphy.gif

He’s just always there waiting.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

It's only Europa Conference League but don't know where else to put it but watching Man. Utd. 1 -0 down half time.Had 75% of the play 15 shots .Got caught by sucker punch surely Omomia can't hold out can they?

Brighton Sky Blue

Have to admit , had my reservations about how he'd find space when teams sit deep ... blokes just brilliant tbh

Got all the physical, mental and technical attributes combined with a manager who can get elite players to adapt to a different style. Was never in question in my view

Users who are viewing this thread