Champions League 23/24 (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

I don't actually think there's a lot in it across the top 4 or 5 european leagues.

I looked at it statistically a year or so ago.... taking the amount of different league winners in each of the last 10 years, all the leagues were similar (in fact England had a slight lead i think). Same with runners up. Obviously if you only go back 7/8 years or so, then the recent dominance of teams like PSG/Bayern/Juve pushes the balance even further in England's favour.

However England was lagging a little behind in terms of different top 4 teams in the last decade, which points to other leagues being a little more competitive in depth than "we" like to think.

Of course strength is more subjective.... and of course the top 4 teams in other big leagues have not always got the benefit of champions league money, which again helps England.... and of course none of the above accounts for teams in the bottom half.

I just did it to counter an argument elsewhere that "Premier League is the most competitive and thats that" just because that gets peddled on Sky Sports.

However on the other hand it would be foolish to ignore the amount of money floating round the premier league which probably makes it slightly the strongest at the moment... but the gap isn't huge at all.
The quality of teams at the bottom of Serie A is worse than the PL, a lot of the teams are made of players who'd be in the Championship in England. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere recently that the clubs at the bottom of the PL made more money than most of those at the top of Serie A. It's hardly surprising about the quality of the bottom of the Serie A with the way in which the money is then distributed across the league.

covcity4life

The quality of teams at the bottom of Serie A is worse than the PL, a lot of the teams are made of players who'd be in the Championship in England. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere recently that the clubs at the bottom of the PL made more money than most of those at the top of Serie A. It's hardly surprising about the quality of the bottom of the Serie A with the way in which the money is then distributed across the league.
Of course but it doesn't mean it'd a poor league. This will be an issue for many leagues outside of England

napolimp

Any chatter on where Berardi might go, should Sassuolo be releagted?

Paul Anthony

Think the only thing PSG haven't managed to hit so far is the back of the net, hit the post twice, twice off the bar. Hit the post twice in the first leg as well.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bayern have hit on the counter quite a few times but messed up the final ball. Real seem to be hitting the woodwork more often than PSG

Liquid Gold

I've been looking at a Der Klassiker final since the quarters.

If that was to happen heart would want Dortmund as they do things the right way but head would want Kane to go into the Euros having broken his curse on the biggest stage in club football.

Brighton Sky Blue

I've been looking at a Der Klassiker final since the quarters.

If that was to happen heart would want Dortmund as they do things the right way but head would want Kane to go into the Euros having broken his curse on the biggest stage in club football.
I'd be happy if either club won it to be honest. Kane deserves silverware, Dortmund are just a great club and one heck of a story for Ian Maatsen too. Would be funny for Sancho to win that while ten Haag gets sacked at Man Utd...

Gynnsthetonic

Goes to show, goalies mistakes are so costly, if that was Collins for us theyd be an absolute meltdown to get Wilson in

Gynnsthetonic

The var for offside should be scrapped, that was no different to Haji Wright's, the desicions when millimetres are involved is a joke, still pissed off as you can tell

Users who are viewing this thread