Item Championship Team of the Season (so far) (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Not surprised. We will probably manage to keep him in January, but he won't be here next season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Frostie

Fair play 👏🏻
Unlike others I am a little surprised personally, there's better & more consistent Midfielders but I guess he stands out in our team.

Londonccfcfan

Means nothing at the moment. But if he's in the actual team of the year at end of season. Then he would have kept us up and would be worth an absolute fortune.

If you judge by the previous players values who have ended up in the championship team of the year. It's quite an honour.

Fully deserves the widespread accolades so far by various pundits.

Johhny Blue

Sky Blue Pete

Because he got in a websites team of the season so far 🤣going by that then Dijksteel is better than Max Aarons
I think it’s great for him and our club. No Wycombe or Rotherham players in that team and who knows why the ref didn’t book him last 10 mins. Maybe they are starting to like him

stevefloyd

He has been an asset for us this season for sure, he is adjusting to our happy whistle blowers and is a winner hence all the niggly tackles probably mistiming a few in his attempts to win the ball back for his team (Shipley take note) but I don't think he is a nasty player some of his 1 touch passes are sublime but definitely on his way for player of the season if he keeps this up... Build the team around him and we have more than a solid base

cc84cov

£15m is my prediction what he end up going for altho when I said it on the Hamer thread I was told “5m is what he will go for and that’s it” 🤣

shmmeee

He has been an asset for us this season for sure, he is adjusting to our happy whistle blowers and is a winner hence all the niggly tackles probably mistiming a few in his attempts to win the ball back for his team (Shipley take note) but I don't think he is a nasty player some of his 1 touch passes are sublime but definitely on his way for player of the season if he keeps this up... Build the team around him and we have more than a solid base

Build around him or flog him and use the money to remodel the whole team is the question. Can lightning strike twice and we can pick up two or three Hamers by letting one go?

stevefloyd

Build around him or flog him and use the money to remodel the whole team is the question. Can lightning strike twice and we can pick up two or three Hamers by letting one go?
we have tried that before...sell some shite we have and keep our assetts, doubt it would happen but be nice to think it would

shmmeee

we have tried that before...sell some shite we have and keep our assetts, doubt it would happen but be nice to think it would

Players left in contract who we might get rid of? Pask, Kastaneer, Hilßner, Jobello, Allen. Doubt there’s enough there to buy one Hamer let alone more.

Honestly think with Hamer we’re three or four players off a competitive side. Who knows, back in Cov, ground full of fans, maybe we see an opportunity to establish ourselves.

stevefloyd

Players left in contract who we might get rid of? Pask, Kastaneer, Hilßner, Jobello, Allen. Doubt there’s enough there to buy one Hamer let alone more.

Honestly think with Hamer we’re three or four players off a competitive side. Who knows, back in Cov, ground full of fans, maybe we see an opportunity to establish ourselves.
Totally agree but it would free up wages of at least 3 of the above who are contributing zilch atm which would give us a little more bargaining power to pay a decent wage

covcity4life

Agree

Discoutning loan situation if you look st our team

GK
CBs
LWB
RWB
1 x CM
1 x AM
1 x ST

Are all set and arguably all or most are good enough for a top 6 team

1 amc alongside o hare
1 striker to help out godden and walker
And 1 cm alongside hamer sheaf or Kelly

And We have a complete 11 that could push for playoffs

It won't all happen in 1 window as we lose players too but it's nice to be so close to a good team in 2nd tier again.

All we can hope is recruitment team keep it up. Bring in the young sheafs and find gems like hamer. Ship out the lower league players eith respect like baka Biamou kasta etc . It's a good formula

Our aim is to get better every season. We have had enough set backs to last a life tine. Let's make this a great decade.

Terry Gibson's perm

If there is no space for that lump from Wycombe it can’t be right he is prolific this season 16 games 0 goals even the Wycombe fans are saying it’s a season too long for him.

rob9872

Norwich full back 15m
Matty cash to villa 16m
Jacob Murphy 12m
Madders 20m

Sure there are more who have come down eg Ake at 40m from Bournemouth but those listed are an example of players with no more than limited Championship pedigree. Hamer is a much sort after creative midfielder who tackles and can score goals. He's a good age with a clear injury free record. He simply must be in that bracket of current valuations. All subjective as only worth what someone will pay and would be considerably less if we don't stay up, but assuming we do then 15m not unrealistic at all imo. In fact could easily 5m+ for Dabo and Ohare too.

cc84cov

Norwich full back 15m
Matty cash to villa 16m
Jacob Murphy 12m
Madders 20m

Sure there are more who have come down eg Ake at 40m from Bournemouth but those listed are an example of players with no more than limited Championship pedigree. Hamer is a much sort after creative midfielder who tackles and can score goals. He's a good age with a clear injury free record. He simply must be in that bracket of current valuations. All subjective as only worth what someone will pay and would be considerably less if we don't stay up, but assuming we do then 15m not unrealistic at all imo. In fact could easily 5m+ for Dabo and Ohare too.
Yep this is how I see it players you’ve listed from playing full back are hitting them figures never mind a combative central midfielder being Brazilian adds £2m on at least 😬

Londonccfcfan

Our foreign market gambling is worth it. Get one Hamer foreign 10 duds is still more than worth it.

But then again he wasn't a big gamble considering the fee.

rob9872

Let's be honest none of us had heard of him before he signed so if we can get 10m+ and Robin's gets even half of it he'll improve us. 2m for Walsh still leaves plenty for a couple of other gems. I don't want Hamer sold but in our position any decent bid that could be guaranteed to reinvest would have to be considered.

Ccfcisparks

Yep this is how I see it players you’ve listed from playing full back are hitting them figures never mind a combative central midfielder being Brazilian adds £2m on at least 😬
How the hell does being Brazilian add £2m the only nationality that adds value like that is English. Cash and Lewis also had played over 100 games in the championship, Hamer has barely played 20

procdoc

How the hell does being Brazilian add £2m the only nationality that adds value like that is English. Cash and Lewis also had played over 100 games in the championship, Hamer has barely played 20
He thinks every team we play are bang average so no player in the league should be worth any more than a couple of quid

cc84cov

He thinks every team we play are bang average so no player in the league should be worth any more than a couple of quid
Most teams we’ve played have been average bar Bournemouth
& Blackburn we’ve been in most games

procdoc

Most teams we’ve played have been average bar Bournemouth
& Blackburn we’ve been in most games
It doesn’t mean they are bang average. We play a big part in stifling teams. Would you say Brentford, Watford, Norwich etc are ‘bang average’? If you do think that then there really is no hope for you

Users who are viewing this thread