Championship thread 23/24 (11 Viewers)

HadjiChippo

Neither Leeds or Ipswich have seemed like they’ve wanted autos the past few weeks, horrible form to take into the playoffs. Would be gutting to finish on 90+ points and lose in the POs

Otis

I did keep saying (along with a few others) you just can't predict games at this stage of the season.

No-one would have predicted for Leeds to get absolutely thumped 4 nil at QPR tonight.

Teams at the top can falter and those at the bottom, suddenly start playing like a team at the other end of the table.

Sick Boy

I did keep saying (along with a few others) you just can't predict games at this stage of the season.

No-one would have predicted for Leeds to get absolutely thumped 4 nil at QPR tonight.

Teams at the top can falter and those at the bottom, suddenly start playing like a team at the other end of the table.
I reckon we’ll probably end up beating Ipswich next week.

shepardo01

Off you go Leicester. Well done Marecsca getting the most expensive squad the Championship has ever seen promoted.
The cheating has paid off and now the EFL can't touch you.
Hope the Premiership ruins you as a club. Enjoy the points deductions and getting battered every week.

Sick Boy

Off you go Leicester. Well done Marecsca getting the most expensive squad the Championship has ever seen promoted.
The cheating has paid off and now the EFL can't touch you.
Hope the Premiership ruins you as a club. Enjoy the points deductions and getting battered every week.
I hope they give him a 10 year contract.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm going to Teignmouth at the end of May to play in a walking football tournament (with 3 other Cov ST holders, plus another Cov fan, and I'm staying at my Leicester ST holder mate's house. Initially worried that it may clash with play offs or Wembley final. but that is now a 0.001% chance. Going to have to put up with some banter, but at least we've got him outnumbered! He's definitely getting the first round or two in!

Sky Blue Harry H

Wanted to Leeds to go up to give us a better chance of autos next year. They'll have another 90 point season next year.

Championship will be just as strong next year if West Brom or Norwich manage to win the play offs.

I was looking at that Leeds team and thinking that if they lose Summerville, and perhaps Gnonto, they won't pose quite the same threat. It is difficult to know what financial cuts they/Southampton might have to make.

skybluericoh

I'm going to Teignmouth at the end of May to play in a walking football tournament (with 3 other Cov ST holders, plus another Cov fan, and I'm staying at my Leicester ST holder mate's house. Initially worried that it may clash with play offs or Wembley final. but that is now a 0.001% chance. Going to have to put up with some banter, but at least we've got him outnumbered! He's definitely getting the first round or two in!
He’ll put it on a tab and not pay😜

skybluericoh

Please give Leicester at least 10 points deduction, happy days.
1st ever to go down on minus 3 the the efl do them for breaking rules this season.
In all seriousness though, I think they have a number of players out of contract this season so have an opportunity to reduce the wage bill, but can’t see any of them staying for less money, except maybe Vardy. He won’t get offered big bucks at his age and if he can get another year to help pay his misses court debts he may sign, but is getting old for PL now

covcity4life

They’ll be relegated next season. Hopefully they stick with Maresca too.
Automatic promotion, How woeful lol

You got this season so wrong havnt you? Just be honest

but instead of admitting it you are trying to go double or nothing for next year lol and it's not even the same scenario

David O'Day

but instead of admitting it you are trying to go double or nothing for next year lol and it's not even the same scenario
even you would be able to get them promoted with the team they have

Sick Boy

He managed to blow a 17 point lead with the most expensive squad ever seen in the Championship and a wage bill that would be amongst the highest in the PL.

Only you could rate him as a manager.

Kompany
Gerrard
Maresca

😂😂😂

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread