Championship thread 23/24 (22 Viewers)

SkyblueTexan

Wonder how typical it is for the losing play-off finalists to not even be in the conversation.
We never get any respect. Even when they were showing the key matches of the last day on Sky, they chose Millwall vs Blackburn, Swansea vs WBA, Preston Vs Scumberland, but left our match out.

That's okay. We'll fly under the radar again.

theferret

Ipswich aside, no real surprises there. Meaningless at this stage obviously, but no surprise we don't feature. View from other fans seems to be we have overachieved thanks in large part to two individuals who likely won't be with us next season. Expect to see lots of people tipping us for relegation.

Couldn't care, like being written off and have every faith in MR.

Happy_Martian

Sky Bet has us down as Champ winner at 25/1 with Millwall, Swansea and Blackburn and at 15/2 for promotion.

SkyblueTexan

As long as we believe who cares what anyone else thinks
Exactly. As MR said we have use the pain of the playoff final loss to galvanise us and to fuel our determination to succeed next season. Redemption starts now.

cooperskyblue

We never get any respect. Even when they were showing the key matches of the last day on Sky, they chose Millwall vs Blackburn, Swansea vs WBA, Preston Vs Scumberland, but left our match out.

That's okay. We'll fly under the radar again.
Spot on. Constantly overlooked and underestimated. Just the way I like it. Robins can get to work build a stronger bigger squad and we will be back stronger. Bring it on.

alexccfc99

Leeds would be my pick to win it at this extremely early stage, they’ve got some cracking young players to build a new squad around

Cresswell and Shackleton who have spent the season with Millwall, Drameh who played for Luton the other day, Gelhardt, Greenwood, Archie Gray (grandson of Eddie), Hjelde who spent the season with Rotherham

Actually think they are a side who can benefit from relegation in order to clear the mercenaries from their ranks

Marty

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sunderland up there. Bit more depth and quality to their squad and they could fly next year.

shmmeee

Leeds would be my pick to win it at this extremely early stage, they’ve got some cracking young players to build a new squad around

Cresswell and Shackleton who have spent the season with Millwall, Drameh who played for Luton the other day, Gelhardt, Greenwood, Archie Gray (grandson of Eddie), Hjelde who spent the season with Rotherham

Actually think they are a side who can benefit from relegation in order to clear the mercenaries from their ranks

Really good point. That’s a solid base of good young players with championship experience.

EalingSB

What date is the championship fixture list released?

A full list of the key dates ahead of the 2023/24 EFL season can be found below:

• Fixture Release Date – Thursday 22 June 2023, 9am
  • Start Date – Saturday 5 August 2023 (with a likely live game on Friday 4 August)
  • Carabao Cup Round One – w/c 7 August 2023
  • Carabao Cup Final – Sunday 25 February 2024
  • EFL Trophy Round One – w/c 4 September 2023
  • EFL Trophy Final – Sunday 7 April 2024
  • League One Play-Off Final – Saturday 18 May 2024
  • League Two Play-Off Final – Sunday 19 May 2024
  • Championship Play-Off Final – Sunday 26 May 2024

Terry_dactyl

Leicester are going to be interesting. Something strange is going on there. I think despite selling Fofana for silly money they still only made one signing all season…a free transfer.
Motd reporting that a load of their players are out of contract now too.
Somethings afoot I tell you!

(and I can’t be bothered to google what this might be).

Mucca Mad Boys

Strange, isn't it? Think I'll put £50 on us right now.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Wonder how typical it is for the losing play-off finalists to not even be in the conversation.

If you’re a bookmaker, you’re looking at how many players are going back to their parent clubs and the uncertain futures of Hamer and Gyokeres. If we manage to keep both and add quality, we’re a completely different proposition. If we have to replace them, it’s looking very uncertain.

I am surprised at Ipswich. A club that is consistently overestimated.

rexo87

You want easy money for next season, lump on these cunts to get relegated, like printing money
Hope they stay up and genuinely think they will get enough points at home to make that happen. Why are they cunts? Just because they beat us?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

Hope they stay up and genuinely think they will get enough points at home to make that happen. Why are they cunts? Just because they beat us?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Such a goody two shoes aren’t you? I despise that club now from top to bottom , forget Villa, Leicester etc.

I want these fuckers to suffer, I genuinely hope they end up back in non league where there tinpot ground deserves to be

its a buzzard

Such a goody two shoes aren’t you? I despise that club now from top to bottom , forget Villa, Leicester etc.

I want these fuckers to suffer, I genuinely hope they end up back in non league where there tinpot ground deserves to be
You'll suffer the most.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Woolly68

If you add the average attendances for the 6 teams leaving the Championship this season it’s 97,037 (16,172 each). The 6 teams coming in average 166,327 in total (27,721 each). Good to see some bigger crowds with some big old teams. The Championship is going to be better for it with potentially bigger crowds ……. If my maths is right.

Users who are viewing this thread