Charles-Cook (3 Viewers)

Lamptey

How good is this guy at the moment? apart from his general play, every time he gets it, straight out looking to start the play again. How long was he was at Arsenal? Got quite a unique style for a keeper also, hope he stays for the season.

Last edited:

thewards5579

I said after the Shrewsbury game his distibrution is leagues above Burger and when Reda is fit and the back 4 are at our strongest he makes a cracking keeper

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I do hope we are talking to him about a new contract. A long term contract at that. He's so composed. I too like it how he doesn't hesitate in wanting to get the ball back in play. OK, it doesn't always work out, but the majority of the time he finds one of our men. I guess with him bring an ex striker himself, he knows the danger of counter attacks probably better than most keepers in general

wingy

Wonder what his penalty takings like?
Would like to see him save a few though before the seasons ovrr.
Don't think anything could phase him with his character.
Didn't like seeing him up by the halfway line near the end though,almost like he was trying to outphsyque them.

Nick

Administrator
Always thought he looked good even in the warmups before the games.

He does look a bit strange in goal, just his general movement.

Nick

Administrator
Wonder what his penalty takings like?
Would like to see him save a few though before the seasons ovrr.
Don't think anything could phase him with his character.
Didn't like seeing him up by the halfway line near the end though,almost like he was trying to outphsyque them.

Ha is that the one when he ran out but instead of whacking it just passed it round him?

wingy

My point being Oggy must be advising Mogga to stick with him instead of LB

Think there was a bit on CWR last night where Oggy says how well he's taken his chance, not much more than that though.

covcity4life

Apparently oggy was reason burge wad poor. Can he be the reason Rcc is great???

Lol oggy is da man. Stfu if you don't agree

Nick

Administrator
No don't think so Nick, not long before the end when we were holding It out near the corners.

Ah I was probably looking at the other end so missed it! He probably wanted to come out and pass it about a bit.

shmmeee

Love his confidence. Love his style. Love his personality. Long may he continue. Get him signed up.

Lamptey

is Oggy a good or bad coach? who knows? he wont be coaching on distribution or kicks, Oggy was the original club foot. Nice pension for him anyway.

thewards5579

Idiot Oggy if you are old enough to remember was both excellent at distribution and kicks.... obviously a baby supporter of the club you are lol

Lamptey

Idiot Oggy if you are old enough to remember was both excellent at distribution and kicks.... obviously a baby supporter of the club you are lol

nah watched oggy enough, distribution and kicking were poor imo. Compare Murphy to cook and I used to think he was very good distribution wise (great left foot for a keeper) but just seems wasteful now.

bruthead

Second goal today looked saveable but he made up for it with two big saves at 1-2. Much more confidence inspiring than Burge.

Astute

Doesn't time play tricks on some memories :)

He commanded his area. You could hear him shout to players over the noise of us behind him. He normally got to the ball first. And this was in the days that strikers were allowed to clatter the GK all the time. He made great saves. But his distribution was woeful.

Otis

Doesn't time play tricks on some memories :)

He commanded his area. You could hear him shout to players over the noise of us behind him. He normally got to the ball first. And this was in the days that strikers were allowed to clatter the GK all the time. He made great saves. But his distribution was woeful.

It was. 2 things that were poor in Oggy's games, his distibution and not being great on crosses.

Terry Gibson's perm

It was. 2 things that were poor in Oggy's games, his distibution and not being great on crosses.

He had one kick that he is remembered for, most of the time he was slow, had to look for the valve on the ball and then kicked it out of play around halfway. Not sure but the back pass rule didn't help him either as he was hardly fleet of foot.

But was very brave and made some great saves in the top three of goalies I have seen play for us.

Hobo

To get back to the original topic

RCC has always looked a good prospect has developed and come through ahead of schedule.

He looks very good so far, alert and playing with confidence.

Always thought he looked good even in the warmups before the games.

He does look a bit strange in goal, just his general movement.

I think its because he totally dominates his area comfortably plucking balls out of thin air that there probably seems to be more of him (presence/physicality) than there actually is.

Can't compare his "style" to any of the greats past or present but it is so different and unique he has now become our 11th outfield player such is his contribution to the team.

Not going totally overboard I hope but we may have a potential international on our hands and clubwise the best since Bill Glazier

higgs

Because Bury couldn't have more than 5 ex coventry players in their match day squad

Users who are viewing this thread