Charles-Cook (1 Viewer)

PVA

Not good enough, nowhere near good enough.

Cost us plenty of goals/points last season and already this season should have saved 2 or 3 goals.

I'm not saying Burge is the answer but he simply can't do any worse at the moment.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Transfer window is closed now and no loan window

It's him or Burge till at least January and Burge is so far behind him it's not a contest

ConnorDevine

I'm plenty happy with RCC, he makes mistakes here and there but he saves as many you'd forgive him for missing.

Witch hunt trying to blame him for our misfortune as far as I'm concerned

The Reverend Skyblue

I would say a lot on here me included have been saying for twelve months that the most important signing we need is an experienced competent goalie.
I have no trust whatsoever in Cooke and even less if that's possible in Burge.
I think TM will walk this week, he has made a complete balls up of getting a decent team out ready for this season.
The selling of Vincelot was a calamitous error that he will look back on and think what the fuck was I thinking

Bruce the Boot

Whats the point in blaming individuals ? The club is a shambolic mess
!

The Reverend Skyblue

On Vincelot I know he went off the boil towards season end but he gave everything before that and was easily the most passionate player in the team last season.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Unless there's an experienced keeper out there, he's the best we have.

Had it been Burge in goal again now I'm sure we'd be having he same conversation and calling for RCC to be played.

Short of it is, these two are the only options. And he's the best out of that bunch.

Disappointed we haven't brought in an experienced keeper by now.

Wigan did it last year. Stayed with a keeper they thought knew the league (think it was O'Donnell who'd played in the league with Walsall). By the end of it they had Jaskallainen in goal and won promotion.

Sure others played their part but also sure that change would have benefitted the team too

letsallsingtogether

I'm plenty happy with RCC, he makes mistakes here and there but he saves as many you'd forgive him for missing.

Witch hunt trying to blame him for our misfortune as far as I'm concerned
We're you there today?
I was awful goalkeeping made a few stops as expected but he is awful.
We could have been 1-0 down before they scored, when he ran out wildly got chipped and was saved by our defender running back to head it off the line
On the other hand their goalkeeper made at least 4 goal bound saves and I can't remember him putting a good wrong.

ConnorDevine

We're you there today?
We could have been 1-0 down before they scored, when he ran out wildly got chipped and was saved by our defender running back to head it off the line

No in fairness I wasnt.
I've been to ~70% of league games in the last 12 months and in that time In my opinion he has made as many unexpected saves as errors.
Also he's very young for a goalkeeper and as he matures you have to admit, with his shot stopping ability he has potential to be a fantastic goalkeeper if he cuts out the mistakes, maybe that's why I'm so forgiving.

Gazolba

I've been saying he isn't good enough for ages but he's all we have and all we are getting.
Some people say he is good enough, but it seems that every club we play has a better goal-keeper than us.

Otis

RCC is better than Burge.

End of thread really, unless TM is looking to bring a free agent in for the position and I'm sure he's not.

pastythegreat

No in fairness I wasnt.
I've been to ~70% of league games in the last 12 months and in that time In my opinion he has made as many unexpected saves as errors.
Also he's very young for a goalkeeper and as he matures you have to admit, with his shot stopping ability he has potential to be a fantastic goalkeeper if he cuts out the mistakes, maybe that's why I'm so forgiving.
All goalkeepers make mistakes, even the highest paid and highest level (Just look at Joe Hart for the proof there). The difference between them and RCC though, is that there mistakes a fewer as the quality of defenders in front of them is better and in turn cutting the number of shots on target down. Every single player on the field will make mistakes, just when a keeper makes 1 it's more noticeable

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Already this season this KID has saved us In cases of 1 on 1 more than once I think he is going to be a darn good keeper those who want him out should look at the league they will see half the keepers in it have conceded more than him I would guess his shot saving compares pretty well.

chiefdave

Well its RCC, Burge, Addai or someone who's unattached at the moment. With those options RCC is going to be our best option until at least the Jan window.

Even then I doubt we're going to pick up someone better. He's not the finished product of course or he wouldn't be playing in L1 but he's got the talent and the time to develop.

lifeskyblue

Whether RCC or burge is between the sticks they deserve our support. Both are not yet the full article but both have different talents. I like RCC quick recycling the ball and he is good one on one. Burge a good shot stopper. Both have made mistakes but neither I believe have let the side down more than any other player who has turned out in sky blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

We're you there today?
On the other hand their goalkeeper made at least 4 goal bound saves and I can't remember him putting a good wrong.

People see things differently, where he ran out in the first half it was decisive. The two City defenders were all over the place and their player was in. Yes it ended up being cleared off the line but it was an imminent goal threat otherwise

stevefloyd

Some people are looking for scapegoats RCC is not the weakest link in the team... our defence is pretty raw but decent its the midfield and strikers are more culpable than our last line of defence... now stop whinging and get up to support these lads... we as fans can lift the players better than our management team atm. IF you want rid of a goalkeeper at the club lets look at some ageing ex goalkeeper with a big ugly nose first !!!!!!

Warwickhunt

On Vincelot I know he went off the boil towards season end but he gave everything before that and was easily the most passionate player in the team last season.
I doubt if we will ever know what went on in a conversation between Vince and Mowbury? when players go that quick without any rumors circulating prior usually means the manager got upset about something he did/said and threw his toys out of the pram

Users who are viewing this thread