Chavtastic! (1 Viewer)

tommydazzle

Chav in Thailand might get ten years for graffiti on ancient monument. Pity we haven't got such penalties for the antisocial miscreants over here. It sums him up that he sprayed his own name 'Scouse Lee' (misspelling Scouse) and presumably wondered how he got caught!

Corrado

I don’t get mindless graffiti scribbles... some though, done by people who actually have talent are truly works of art that you have to admire!

Astute

Would never happen here. They look for something to blame for their behaviour here. They look for reasons why they constantly break the law.

The reason they constantly break the law is they know they will.most probably get away with it if they get caught. And on the rare occasion they get sent to prison they get everything they need and drugs are easier to get than on the street. When I was a kid I had mates going to borstal. And we had respect for the police and elders as if not we would get a slap.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Same here Astute. I knew a lot of lads that ended up in Borstal and Approved Schools. Not proud to say, but I did 3 months myself in the very early 1970's. Never been in trouble since. That was a short sharp lesson for me and I swore 'never again'!

tommydazzle

Yup, I got a whack from a copper as a youngster and then a hiding from my dad when he delivered me to the front door. Felt so ashamed that the police came to the house and embarrassed my mum in the eyes of the neighbourhood. I never questioned that I didn't deserve it or that the copper should be sued for laying a hand on me.

Covstu

I had a similar discussion when some idiot graffiti'd Godiva. The excuses of no youth centres etc, what a load of shite! You choose your own behaviour regardless of how you have been brought up, everyone knows that this behaviour is wrong however most probably think its clever.

Nick

Administrator
I had a similar discussion when some idiot graffiti'd Godiva. The excuses of no youth centres etc, what a load of shite! You choose your own behaviour regardless of how you have been brought up, everyone knows that this behaviour is wrong however most probably think its clever.

Exactly. It's as if a youth centre would somehow stop people from being ignorant twats.

richnrg

whilst I agree that the chav is a disrespectful twat and should be jailed, I'm glad that we live in a country that wouldn't take away 10 years of his life as a punishment.

Covstu

whilst I agree that the chav is a disrespectful twat and should be jailed, I'm glad that we live in a country that wouldn't take away 10 years of his life as a punishment.
yep its extreme to say the least but I would have public service for at least 6-12 months starting with repairing that damage

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Bollocks to that. Why militarise your kids when you can teach them how to look after their local community and the people in it

Yeah, you make a valid point.

It would be much better if people picked litter for a year, cleaned graffiti off walls and painted fences for a whole year of earning no cash. Alternatively, National Service which taught valuable life skills is pointless.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

It would be much better if people picked litter for a year, cleaned graffiti off walls and painted fences for a whole year of earning no cash. Alternatively, National Service which taught valuable life skills is pointless.
National Service worked decades ago when discipline from your elders was respected. Can you honestly see the arseholes of today taking any notice of being yelled at by a drill sergeant? I doubt it. They don't have respect any more.

duffer

I'm not actually in favour of either, but I can't see that painting rocks and square bashing is a required skill these days, and that's what a lot of National Service was. As I recall professional soldiers didn't much care for it either, having to take time to manage or find work for a bunch of unwilling incompetents instead of just getting on with the job in hand.

Nick

Administrator
I'd bring back proper discipline for starters. (when it's justified and within reason).

Kids know they can get away with things so they will push, have said it in posts about bouncers nowadays not being allowed to give knobheads a slap. Nothing worse than seeing a scrawny kid getting in a bouncer's face giving it loads because they know the minute the bouncer touches them it's their job / license gone. They would be straight to the newspaper and trying for compo as well.

When I was a bit younger you would have been dragged out the back and given a few digs and thrown onto the street.

Thats not me saying people can just go around willy nilly dishing out the digs, only if it's deserved.

Liquid Gold

Or maybe they could get involved in mental health services that are stretched by funding cuts or work with people of different ethnicities to ensure our communities aren’t divided. People complain that young people have no respect any more, maybe put them in situations that force them to empathise and they would.

I’m sure social workers who get paid fuck all and are trying to keep people’s lives together would be happy to hear you think they just paint over graffiti and could do better with an army funded mechanics course and a shouting.

Nick

Administrator
I think getting kids to do a bit of charity work or community work isn't a bad idea.

My daughter's school does a lot of fundraising for charity, encouraging the kids to do good deeds to help others. It has given her the right idea as she now wants to do a bit more herself off her own back.

Maybe not a full time thing for years but just giving a bit back and gaining a bit of life experience.

Users who are viewing this thread