Chelsea v Dortmund (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Madness.

Hard to think var isn't rigged sometimes.

Nick

Administrator
Do they ever force re takes when they are scored or do they just do it to give players another go?

Sky Blue Pete

Exactly. So it's pot luck when players get another go, if var decide how close they want to watch.
The unwritten rule used to be if it’s saved they take a look at the feet and encroachment. Normally if missed no one bothers
The hockey thing is interesting
Maybe penalties should be an enclosed experience so if it’s scored great if it’s not play stops
No consistency isn’t great

SBAndy

Exactly. So it's pot luck when players get another go, if var decide how close they want to watch.

It’s clear. If the defender who then clears the ball was inside the box before the penalty was struck then it’s re-taken. Theoretically 9 of the defenders could have been in the box but if the clearing defender wasn’t then there’s not really an issue.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s clear. If the defender who then clears the ball was inside the box before the penalty was struck then it’s re-taken. Theoretically 9 of the defenders could have been in the box but if the clearing defender wasn’t then there’s not really an issue.
Really??
Doesn’t say that anywhere in the laws of the game
It does suggest if the keeper offends but penalty is missed it’s not retaken but is if it’s saved

Sky Blue Pete

He’s suggesting a defender can encroach and it’s only an offence if they play the ball. That’s not correct
However and again this is some of the nonsense. How is a defender encroaching affecting how the penalty kick is taken if it’s missed????
I’m law if the goalie offends say comes off his line but the taker balloons it the law says play on but a defender behind the penalty taker encroaches and the kicker misses or it’s saved how does that affect the kicker? Why is it only a keeper offence that doesn’t affect the taker allowed to continue but not an encroachment by a defender

i think common sense is what Sb Andy suggests but again I can’t see it in law unless I’m misreading it

ccfctommy

The ball went back into play for the encroaching defender to clear it away. Right decision to award a retake.

Users who are viewing this thread