Chelsea (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Transport costs on top of that as well. Crazy situation.
Anywhere that's not local they fly by private jet, that's not going to be possible any more so that on its own will be a big culture shock for them. Going to be a problem for Champions League.

Skyblueweeman

Anywhere that's not local they fly by private jet, that's not going to be possible any more so that on its own will be a big culture shock for them. Going to be a problem for Champions League.

Yep 100%. It surprises me that these clubs bleat about Green credentials and have Carbon Neutral policies yet fly for domestic games, when a coach journey would be 2hrs.

I work with a L1 club who fly to the odd game due to location but they'll often coach for 5-6 hrs.

Skyblueweeman

No issue at all with this all things considered but you do have to wonder how it's simultaneously perfectly acceptable for Newcastle to be run by who they are.

There's a really interesting disconnect between golf and football in that matter. The Saudi Public Investment Fund which has been responsible for the the takeover of Newcastle, is also funding a new potential breakaway Golf league.

However there's been a decent backlash in the US Sports Media and some players about where this money is coming from. Players are turning down mega-bucks compared to what they're earning on the PGA tour, partly because of the 'link' between the SPIF and those who murdered Jamal Khashoggi.

SkyBlueSoul

0cc412de3c3c37f9a2accd5c01b24640.jpg

Jesse Carver

Essentially they can't benefit from any money coming in (ticket sales/TV revenue/Prize Money etc). All their existing commitments have to be funded by their cash reserves. Their current wage bill is about £28m per month. No way is this sustainable.

If any takeover fails to come to fruition (and at the moment any buyer must be asking where the money is going) eventually they will run out of money, be unable to prove ongoing funding and could in theory be expelled from the league as with Buy and Macclesfield.

stupot07

Pretty damning

"Abramovich was found by the UK government to have “received preferential treatment and concessions” from the Kremlin and through his business links been “involved in destabilising Ukraine, and undermining and threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty, and independence” of the eastern European country"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Pretty damning

"Abramovich was found by the UK government to have “received preferential treatment and concessions” from the Kremlin and through his business links been “involved in destabilising Ukraine, and undermining and threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty, and independence” of the eastern European country"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Assume there's no retrospective look at the 'Fit and Proper' owners test?

Or maybe Russian money into the Govt meant that it wasn't needed...

Grendel

Assume there's no retrospective look at the 'Fit and Proper' owners test?

Or maybe Russian money into the Govt meant that it wasn't needed...

Manchester City had someone owning the club who according to the CEO was a good guy to play golf with. He was a human rights offender on a huge scale. Blackpool were owned by a rapist - its hardly a stick to beat a government with

SkyBlue_Bear83

Of course but what I mean is if a requirement of participation in the PL is that you supply x number of tickets for away supporters and Chelsea can't do that then shouldn't there be a penalty?
I think they can gift the tickets I.e give up there commission% on the ticket sales to away fans.

That is what Simon jordan seemed to think

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is crazy.

With regards to their team stays at away matches - I've not worked on a Chelsea team stay for a few years but they would happily spend £10-£15k on a team stay 5 years ago so with inflation and the cost of hotels (making money after making nothing for two years due to the pandemic), it's definitely going to alter their match preparation.

Transport costs on top of that as well. Crazy situation.

Could be quite seismic this.
Apparently a lot of the transport arrangements will have been arranged and paid for on a season contract at the start of the season so it might not be quite clear

Skyblueweeman

Apparently a lot of the transport arrangements will have been arranged and paid for on a season contract at the start of the season so it might not be quite clear

Dealing with clubs and their accommodation and logisitics, I can confirm that that's not necessarily the case but on a case by case basis. Budgets can be allocated but often it's more bespoke.

If there's a sponsorship agreement (like Man Utd had with Aeroflot), that would likely entail pre-season financials that covered the seasons transport costs but I think that's rare. Even in the top clubs.

Skyblueweeman

Manchester City had someone owning the club who according to the CEO was a good guy to play golf with. He was a human rights offender on a huge scale. Blackpool were owned by a rapist - its hardly a stick to beat a government with

Oh well that's ok then if Russian money is going into the govt.....

chiefdave

This thing about the shirts is a wind up isn't it? I assumed it was but blue ticked journos from places like the Times are reporting it.

3 have asked for their logo to be removed immediately but Chelsea are in Norwich for a 7:30pm kick off. Be like our game against them all over again.

skyblue1991

Yep 100%. It surprises me that these clubs bleat about Green credentials and have Carbon Neutral policies yet fly for domestic games, when a coach journey would be 2hrs.

I work with a L1 club who fly to the odd game due to location but they'll often coach for 5-6 hrs.
Plymouth?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

They still have the 3 logo on their shirts, after 3 asked them to be removed.

Grendel

The poor wee lambs have to travel by coach, instead of plane, to Boro.
The horror

Its pretty stupid to be honest.

Grendel

Since when has sitting down for 10 hours been hard work?

Its not the point is it? I have flown to Newcastle for meetings in preference to driving

Grendel

And its absurd to make the players take a bus trip. Its ridiculous when I am sure the Newcastle players flew down to London - at least this time they didn't hack a journalist to pieces while murdering him

chiefdave

They can’t sell any more tickets for their away game at Middlesbrough on Saturday, so they want the FA to have the game played behind closed doors “for matters of sporting integrity”. I’m sure Boro will be delighted to help.
Using that logic wouldn't every home game also have to be behind closed doors which would mean season ticket holders would be after refunds.

Nick

Administrator
And its absurd to make the players take a bus trip. Its ridiculous when I am sure the Newcastle players flew down to London - at least this time they didn't hack a journalist to pieces while murdering him

Pretty sure if they really dislike it that much they could get a plane sorted between them.

Probably the same as me and my mates getting an Uber to town.

I'd happily watch the same happen to Newcastle too.

Grendel

Pretty sure if they really dislike it that much they could get a plane sorted between them.

Probably the same as me and my mates getting an Uber to town.

I'd happily watch the same happen to Newcastle too.

Why should they have to sort it between them - its just laughable and pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread