Transfer Rumour Chris Willock (2 Viewers)

ricohroar

Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here before but a QPR lad I know messaged me yesterday to say Cov have bid £3m for Chris Willock?

Deity

No idea if true but another wide player ….

mot makes me wonder whether Robins has recognised that much of our danger came from Vik on the flanks and with him gone a formation tweak might be needed …

Northeast sky blue

mot makes me wonder whether Robins has recognised that much of our danger came from Vik on the flanks and with him gone a formation tweak might be needed …
Someone mentioned it on another thread, could be looking at playing 4 2 3 1

Saddlebrains

IF this is true, it does seem a change of formation is on the horizon doesnt it

Wilson
RB
CB
CB
Bidwell
Hamer
Sheaf
Tats
Ohare
Willock
Simms

Mucca Mad Boys

Using Godden as leverage to secure a deal for a player like Willock is really shrewd business.

I still can’t see us dropping the 3-4-2-1 / 3-4-3 it’s a shape that allows us to play with AMs/wingers.

junglej13

QPR generally seemed to fall apart last season. Prior to last season I'd have said Willock wasn't far off the best player in the League in my opinion.

Jamieb87ccfc

Admins have focused on Hamer & Godden which makes me think neither are going anywhere. Think another forward is likely with Tavares 4th choice. Think the focus is surely on defence right now.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah but if it comes up you’d take it and work out how to fit him in later, right?

Robins will have a plan to fit in the players he’s targeting. Having a winger play in our ‘box’ formation isn’t exactly a massive change.

Allen, COH and Palmer all have to operate in wide areas and MR has played our more attacking WBs in the box too. The difference between 3-4-3 and 3-4-2-1 is not that great at all.

Terry_dactyl

Funny no defenders are being planned
I think, if this is to be believed, it would mean that Sakamoto would be a wing back rather than an AM…I thought this is where Willock plays?
We do still need about 3 CBS though!

If this rumour is to be believed, he would be class and, given that it doesn’t seem like a priority position, potentially bodes well for future signings?

Manchester_sky_blue

Robins will have a plan to fit in the players he’s targeting. Having a winger play in our ‘box’ formation isn’t exactly a massive change.

Allen, COH and Palmer all have to operate in wide areas and MR has played our more attacking WBs in the box too. The difference between 3-4-3 and 3-4-2-1 is not that great at all.
With 9 subs this season it gives us much more scope to be able to change formation during games as well. We also seem to be targeting versatile players who can cover a range of positions

Skybluedownunder

Surely not 67kg

678907a9994a1895dbade56bade3861e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Last couple of times Robins has had a blank slate he’s gone for 4231 or 433. 3421 only really came about when Jobello got injured, the squad we’d built that season was for Jobello and Kasta to play wide. I don’t think he’s ideologically attached and we have a grand total of one CB so if ever there was a time to change…

Would also explain why we’re signing from the front as who we get could determine the shape of the back.

Matt smith

Thought this too pal

San Francisco

If Godden is off here then surely another incoming striker is on the cards? Can’t imagine Simms being our only Champ quality striker.

Mr Panda

I seem to remember there being rumours of a bust up between Willock and Gareth Ainsworth, so if it’s not us I can imagine he’ll be moving somewhere this summer.

Year would have been exercised to scrape a fee

Users who are viewing this thread