Christmas coming early apparently? / Dale Evans... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybluebeduff

26168558_10214450913359292_8391461340518093305_n.jpg

Liquid Gold

If the Telegraph had any cash/will to do actual journalism they would be doing some proper investigative reporting to confirm or deny all his claims and look in to his past.

Any owner has got to be better than SISU given history here. I doubt anyone who has lived through the last dark 10 years would think otherwise.

SISU have no emotional attachment to the football club. They see it as a business venture and will milk the value for all they can. The fact it has no assets of value is besides the point. They know a football club has emotional value as that has a monetary value associated to it. Knowing SISU that figure is likely to be prohibitive to anyone except for someone who has more money than common business sense and who has a desire to own a football club. Hence the rebuff of any deals the Hoffman consortium put on the table. It is clear any deal prospect for business people who balance the desire to get the Club back into ''caring hands'' with an experienced eye for a sound business proposition is a non-starter. Enter Dale Evans. He is his own worst enemy with the way he goes about things but he is single-minded in his approach to own the football club - either in his mind or in reality. More importantly he has cash and is seemingly prepared to throw cash at the challenge. How do we know? Gary Hoffman confirmed it. How much cash we don't know and whether it is enough cash we don't know.

We need a character of Evans ilk to get us out of this predicament. Whether it is him or someone else time will show and it doesn't matter. I wish he would keep his mouth shut and I am sure Mr Hoffman is tearing out what little hair he has left trying to keep him quiet during a delicate negotiation process. But given there is no Plan B in sight (the Plan B is to see the court case through which could take many more years) we have to hope that Evans sees this through and then as owner he has enough common sense to delegate the operational running of the Club to Mr Hoffman and his team.

That's my view for what it is worth

Nick

Administrator
Any owner has got to be better than SISU given history here. I doubt anyone who has lived through the last dark 10 years would think otherwise.

SISU have no emotional attachment to the football club. They see it as a business venture and will milk the value for all they can. The fact it has no assets of value is besides the point. They know a football club has emotional value as that has a monetary value associated to it. Knowing SISU that figure is likely to be prohibitive to anyone except for someone who has more money than common business sense and who has a desire to own a football club. Hence the rebuff of any deals the Hoffman consortium put on the table. It is clear any deal prospect for business people who balance the desire to get the Club back into ''caring hands'' with an experienced eye for a sound business proposition is a non-starter. Enter Dale Evans. He is his own worst enemy with the way he goes about things but he is single-minded in his approach to own the football club - either in his mind or in reality. More importantly he has cash and is seemingly prepared to throw cash at the challenge. How do we know? Gary Hoffman confirmed it. How much cash we don't know and whether it is enough cash we don't know.

We need a character of Evans ilk to get us out of this predicament. Whether it is him or someone else time will show and it doesn't matter. I wish he would keep his mouth shut and I am sure Mr Hoffman is tearing out what little hair he has left trying to keep him quiet during a delicate negotiation process. But given there is no Plan B in sight (the Plan B is to see the court case through which could take many more years) we have to hope that Evans sees this through and then as owner he has enough common sense to delegate the operational running of the Club to Mr Hoffman and his team.

Does he have cash to buy the football club?

Are you trying to break the record to mention Gary Hoffman as many times as you can within your first few posts?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Really just saying the following as something to reference when a proper deal comes along. I do not believe a word of his claims and even if true I would not want him anywhere close to running our club. I have seen nothing to suggest he has the ability to do so or the professional support required, (a wealth manager and I guy in a silly hat is not going to cut it) - just my opinion and not intended to be personal in any way

I think the words he needed to find were "non Disclosure agreement" (NDA) - standard practice and the first thing SISU would have put in place. It means no comments at all of any kind until the deal is done or ended, not even comments to say something is going on. NO Twitter or Facebook comments at all.

I am certain this now has nothing at all to do with Hoffman's consortium. Given Evan's behaviour I don't think they want any involvement with him at all - I would be surprised if Evans didn't know that, I would expect Hoffman to have made that very clear to him. Which means a big chunk of funding is not available to him. Not to mention any fans investment via the Trust is not there either.

Strangely, this deal is all but done but no mention of any due diligence being done - little things like verifying the assets acquired, access to all records financial or otherwise, confirming any football creditors, confirming the debts/loans taken on, the location of the golden share, agreement warranties etc..... It is all about supplying information to SISU, I would expect most information coming in the other direction.

No mention of any regulatory hoops to be complied with at the FA or EFL

It seems to be buying the club lock stock & barrel, why in heavens name would you do that or allow your client to do that.

Professional fees on this will be considerable because of the amounts supposedly involved and the risk of total loss/recrimination. So deal price plus probably £500k in fees

Anyone paying close to the SISU value wants their head examined - that's in the region of £20m and paying that is simply madness. It also potentially burdens the club with massive debt that simply does not need to be there.That's before having to provide the working capital to cover the trading losses. Personally, as a finance professional I would be advising in the strongest terms against the investment (especially on the terms & value suggested) and if not listened to would walk away from it. Just my opinion

Unbelievable - literally

Last edited:
Nick, I never said he had ''enough'' cash in what I wrote. And the consortium if you prefer I word it that way said he ''had funds'
I simply offered a point of view. We need a person with poker playing mentality to buy the club as seemingly a business way won't work. We then need the business people to take over the running of it. Whether it all comes off I have no idea and my view is more in hope than expectation - but we all have to have hope and a positive outlook on life.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I never said he had ''enough'' cash in what I wrote. And the consortium if you prefer I word it that way said he ''had funds'
I simply offered a point of view. We need a person with poker playing mentality to buy the club as seemingly a business way won't work. We then need the business people to take over the running of it. Whether it all comes off I have no idea and my view is more in hope than expectation - but we all have to have hope and a positive outlook on life.

No, they said they had seen something to "suggest" he did. Check with Hoffman and let us know what he showed him to make him so sure?

You can keep hoping if you want.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

I completely disagree, a fool like Evans will be the final death knell of the club unless he brings in some very very clued up advisors (which he clearly hasn't up to now).

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
out of interest how old is Mr Evans ? What year was he born?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I can't see him listed as an officer on Companies House

not sure which is him, if any are, to be honest. There are dale evans listed on companies house and duedil

You could form a company to sit there until needed so he wouldn't show up. There is a time delay in getting things filed. But he did say he owns a football club...................

His year of birth could refine any search

chiefdave

Anyone paying close to the SISU value wants their head examined - that's in the region of £20m and paying that is simply madness.
If anyone was to do that they'd have to be aware they were writing the money off and be prepared to do that straight away so the club doesn't have the debt on its books. Basically you'll be looking at a fan winning something like EuroMillions and being prepared to chuck £20m away to get the club away from SISU.

Captain Dart

Surely he is just a fantasist who enjoys attention. Read back, people who knew him years ago have said as much.
Lord knows how he got Hoffman to say publicly 'he had seen proof of funds' but some how Hoffman must have been duped.
I don't believe he is doing anything but taking advantage of the situation to play his favourite game, its called ME ME ME.

Bumberclart

That attracts these loons who use potential takeovers to boost their profile.
Mo Kandola, Jo Dhinsa, Dale Evans.

They all seem to follow the same script. Big publicity to try and get the fans on side, public statements about their intentions, then vanish when put under scrutiny.

Can anyone think of another club that has attracted so many fantasists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread