Cian Harries & Ben Stevenson???? (1 Viewer)

John Greenwood

It really wouldn't be a surprise to be if these 2 academy graduates were sold in January. Stevenson already attracted many Championship clubs according too Cov Tel yesterday/today. I have also been told Harries has attracted alot of attention of PL teams.... Surely SISU the idiots won't let these 2 leave?

Sky Blue Harry H

Why start with..... it wouldn't surprise me if these 2 leave and end with ....surely these idiots won't let them leave? You've sort of told the whole story in advance?

ccfc92

I imagine negotiating sales of our young players goes like this...

Other Club: Hi, we'd like to by (insert name)
TF: Yes, that's fine. How much?
OC: Wow, that was easy. Erm, okay how about £1 million, or £800k with add on's, sell on clau...
TF: £1million
OC: But, what about future sales etc that will benefit your club long term?
TF: £1million now, forget the future.
OC: Okay... Thanks.

Esoterica

I have no problem with them leaving, we cant keep them. its what we get for them and what we do with the money that maters
Exactly right, we're a selling club. There's a world of difference between selling Stevenson for a couple of million on 1st Jan and splitting the money 50/50 with Slade to use in the rest of Jan and covering cash deficit vs waiting til 31st Jan and doing a 750k deal having touted him around ourselves.

steve82

We're a selling club, always have been always will be regardless of who owns us. We're not alone.

We're gonna sell one to balance the books with Stevenson most likely that sale, and if any additional sales were allowed to be invested back by RS and into the current playing squad then I'd cash in on harries too as he's a luxury player at this level and we need any money for that now.
If that money would not be permitted to be recycled then I'd retain till the next window or following January to balance the books again.

shmmeee

We're a selling club, always have been always will be regardless of who owns us. We're not alone.

I know this is the latest CCFC version of this:
c4jt321.png

But it doesn't make any sense. We didn't sell (for example) Ndlovu or McSheffrey the first season they broke through. We refused offers for Whelan and Dublin at the time and sold them when we wanted to. More to the point, we didn't drop down the divisions like a stone with a completely unrecognisable team each season.

So evidently we haven't always been like this. We used to sell players and bring in others, not just sell to survive every single transfer window. This is not normal, that's why we're on the brink of L2 and all the fans are fucked off.

Sky Blue Harry H

c4jt321.png

But it doesn't make any sense. We didn't sell (for example) Ndlovu or McSheffrey the first season they broke through. We refused offers for Whelan and Dublin at the time and sold them when we wanted to. More to the point, we didn't drop down the divisions like a stone with a completely unrecognisable team each season.

So evidently we haven't always been like this. We used to sell players and bring in others, not just sell to survive every single transfer window. This is not normal, that's why we're on the brink of L2 and all the fans are fucked off.

Agreed -the difference is all about timing and being canny. If someone can see you are desperate for cash they will offer low, knowing that you will blink first. Play the longer game by not blinking (even if it's not that much longer in reality) and you get more ££££, and can have a more going concern.

steve82

c4jt321.png

So was Robbie Keane not sold after 31 games, Chris Kirkland after 24 games.

What David Thompson, Callum Davenport were they not sold to balance the books?

Since 2002/03 we've had a high turn over of players. Sure it's not healthy, but like many other clubs at this poor level we find ourselves, we're not alone.
Walsall were stripped bare or there team last season, its happening all around us just they've recruited better and most likely seen a small share of the fee.

steve82

Come to think of it if I'm not mistaken when we sold Callum Davenport we ended up with Ady williams on a free from reading and Dean Leacock on loan

Last edited:

oldfiver

Nick

Administrator
crazy that players like steve Jennings has played more for ccfc than chris kirkland

Michael Doyle is up there.

It's interesting, wouldn't be too hard to knockup a web database of players where you could sort it by appearances and goals.

ccfcway

Robbie Simpson played times more for ccfc than, Kirkland, O'Neil, Sherwood and Jordan Henderson combined !!

georgehudson

Imho, the dangerous object in all of this is Fisher, I personally wouldn't trust him to do a table top sale at the church bazaar.
He, by JS means, is the chairman, but in no way is he acting in the best means for the club.
There are several players coming through the ranks, but, it would appear that he will deliberately sell to the first bidder.
This, imho, is being chairman of a company dealing recklessly with the assets.
Resign Fisher, you are a bad smell under the noses of CCFC fans.

Nick

Administrator
Imho, the dangerous object in all of this is Fisher, I personally wouldn't trust him to do a table top sale at the church bazaar.
He, by JS means, is the chairman, but in no way is he acting in the best means for the club.
There are several players coming through the ranks, but, it would appear that he will deliberately sell to the first bidder.
This, imho, is being chairman of a company dealing recklessly with the assets.
Resign Fisher, you are a bad smell under the noses of CCFC fans.

Ruined the good conversation :(

Users who are viewing this thread