City Close To Signing Players (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Do you know? It might be negative, but I don;t really care as to the who.

Rather, I'd like to see players signed on two or three year contracts, to at least reassure me there's a long term future being thought of.

Once a couple of those come through the door, then I can unrealistically demand we make a move for Messi and Ronaldo.

Hobo

Isn't there some ambiguity with 'close'...that as in near or as in shut?

woody11462

Rather, I'd like to see players signed on two or three year contracts, to at least reassure me there's a long term future being thought of.

Once a couple of those come through the door, then I can unrealistically demand we make a move for Messi and Ronaldo.

Was just thinking bout the contract situation myself. Surely the best option would be for us to give out either 12/24 month contracts but where the club has the option to extend it by a year?

shmmeee

As an aside, 10 new first team players in one transfer window is ridiculous and really highlights the problem with playing hardball on wages and having a strategy of letting players go to bring in new ones.

I haven't felt like we're building a side since Coleman.

ccfcway

As an aside, 10 new first team players in one transfer window is ridiculous and really highlights the problem with playing hardball on wages and having a strategy of letting players go to bring in new ones.

I haven't felt like we're building a side since Coleman.

will be interesting to see the lengths of contracts

shmmeee

Yes, the Christ the King's 12 year old striker looks a tasty replacement for Callum!

_41775822_heypresto_416.jpg

sky blue john

I don't have a problem with SP but i'm sure this artcle has been rushed out because Sisu are in the shit.Trying to understand his logic he is trying to get three wide players in because we were short in that department. But we have lost three in mousa, marshall & petrasso. Are we likely to get three in of similar quality ?

SonOfSnoz

Same old bull every year...poor old SP will sign the left overs a week into the new season after anyone worth selling is sold!!

SkyblueBazza

Isn't there some ambiguity with 'close'...that as in near or as in shut?

Yeah...It could be that TF or ML has been invited to sign as a witness to a player's Northampton contract signing session - that might be as close as "we" get!

PUSB

J

Jack Griffin

I don't think there are any first team players in the club signed for more than 1 more season, though there are a few with 2nd season options.. but I presume it take both parties to activate the option. AFAIKR Haynes is about the only player with 2 seasons left..

Would be interested if anyone can show otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyBlueSid

Bear in mind that, as of midnight, many players are now unemployed so will be seeing who is likely to give them a deal. Agents will have been touting them around for weeks, and these journeymen will go to their highest bidders. We know that City are not in a position to pay much, so we are likely to get those that are simply desperate for a club. Nothing new, I know, but I dread to think what players will be willing to play for a team with no stadium, no fans, no prospects, and paying bottom dollar.

If Pressley can attract any half-decent players into this mess, then fair play to him. I have grave doubts that he can find a team competitive at League One level.

shmmeee

Indeed. 2 years plus an option seems eminently sensible tbh. And also lower league clubs tend to run shorter contracts too, as allows for more shifts in budget!

It's got it's pros and cons. No-one wants to be saddled with another David Bell on a 4 year deal, but then we seem to not be able to convince many to stay on past the initial 2 years, or they're sold anyway, and so we have this massive turnover every season.

shmmeee

I don't think there are any first team players in the club signed for more than 1 more season, though there are a few with 2nd season options.. but I presume it take both parties to activate the option. AFAIKR Haynes is about the only player with 2 seasons left..

Would be interested if anyone can show otherwise.

Depends what you call a first team player.

As of right now: Willis, Wilson & Clarke all have a year plus another year option, Phillips, Thomas, Daniels & Urquhart all have another 2 years as well. Haynes and Burge have another 3 years.

This lot are out of contract at the end of the season: Adams, Webster, Fleck, Baker, Barton, Seaborne.

RoboCCFC90

This lot are out of contract at the end of the season: Adams, Webster, Fleck, Baker, Barton, Seaborne.

Out of those lot I would only keep:

- Blair Adams
- Carl Baker
- John Fleck

With respect to the incoming signings a winger is one of the many positions that we need to fill and I would love someone in the mould of an old fashion winger whereby they knew if they were quicker than their opponents so they would get to the byline and then get a decent ball in..

It's a shame that we won't be resigning Mark Marshall, I thought MM looked really good in the games I had watched, I thought that with a full pre-season schedule behind him MM would be an asset..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

story "city close to signings"

last 24 hours reality "city release Adams and youth coach"

Gosford Green

If you think the club are going to sign players then you are as deluded as those that thought there was a ticking time bomb to be announced at the JR or that SISU are going to build a new ground.

kg82

If you think the club are going to sign players then you are as deluded as those that thought there was a ticking time bomb to be announced at the JR or that SISU are going to build a new ground.

Why? Of course they'll sign players. Probably not ones that you or I have heard of or want, but they'll sign players. Not quite in the same category as building a new ground is it.

letsallsingtogether

Tim Said and I Quote"we are going for a League winning side"

To be fair he never did say which League?

Why? Of course they'll sign players. Probably not ones that you or I have heard of or want, but they'll sign players. Not quite in the same category as building a new ground is it.

shmmeee

Of course we'll sign players FFS.

When will people realise that as long as Sisu are pretending to build a ground and be in it for the fans to the FL, they have to look like they're running a football club.

Users who are viewing this thread