City of Culture Bid (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Didn’t have time so asked a quick question.
Maybe someone less child like will answer when they have chance.
If it is just Wasps and Ricoh who have put money into it. They maybe why they got a mention. Once someone invests a bit of cash they will expect to be talked about at every opportunity.
Stop being lazy then and you will see that has been disproved over and over again.

martcov

The whole point of this thread is that Wasps are getting more limelight in Coventry's bid than CCFC who seem to have been left out. That is an unpleasant fact. Not nice.

Nick

Administrator
The whole point of this thread is that Wasps are getting more limelight in Coventry's bid than CCFC who seem to have been left out. That is an unpleasant fact. Not nice.
And you have given as many reasons as you can to justify it...

SkyBlueZack

I don't give a fuck how much money wasps have provided. As mentioned by someone else, it probably ain't even there money. It's a culture bid, have wasps provided someone else's money as they have an affection for Coventry culture or because they want some more PR? It is a culture bid, not a how big is your bank balance bid, or how much your willing to promote the bid or anything else. It's about the culture of Coventry, that includes CCFC and CRFC. Funny how people are excusing them not being a part of it. Yet no one is complaining about wasps being part of it just that we're not. We have some very strange fans.

SkyBlueZack

I accept as they are here and providing other people's money, they will feature. Just not at the total expense of the historic sporting clubs. Some seem to be ok with that and are going out their way to justify it.

martcov

And you have given as many reasons as you can to justify it...

Just confirming the unpleasant reality. I have being saying for a long time that CCFC should have been involved in things to do with representing with the city in general - and even abroad - to improve the relationship with, and to show the value of CCFC as an advert for the city. Maybe that would have been a low cost way of showing support for the city's efforts. The fact that I have pointed out that nothing much has been seen or heard from CCFC in comparison to Wasps, does not mean I think that it is a good thing that Wasps are getting the limelight.

What it means is, that I am critical of the situation we are in, largely through mismanagement of CCFC past and present, and acknowledge that Wasps have bought themselves into a showpiece bid. Whether we like it or not.

martcov

I don't give a fuck how much money wasps have provided. As mentioned by someone else, it probably ain't even there money. It's a culture bid, have wasps provided someone else's money as they have an affection for Coventry culture or because they want some more PR? It is a culture bid, not a how big is your bank balance bid, or how much your willing to promote the bid or anything else. It's about the culture of Coventry, that includes CCFC and CRFC. Funny how people are excusing them not being a part of it. Yet no one is complaining about wasps being part of it just that we're not. We have some very strange fans.

How do you think that the bid charity should have dealt with Wasps money and support of the bid? Give it back and say "no thanks" we are waiting in case CCFC turn up and give a couple of hundred grand? Or say "thank god for that" we have got our starters, help, money and goodwill?

SkyBlueZack

What has that got to do with culture and a culture bid? You talk utter shit. No one is asking the council to invite the club for Christmas dinner. They are asking that we are rightfully part of the bid as we have been part of this cities culture for 134 years. Which according to you and the council counts for nothing. Unless of course you have someone else's money to throw about.

Liquid Gold

Didn’t have time so asked a quick question.
Maybe someone less child like will answer when they have chance.
If it is just Wasps and Ricoh who have put money into it. They maybe why they got a mention. Once someone invests a bit of cash they will expect to be talked about at every opportunity.
Don't have time to look but have time to keep arguing?

giphy.gif

SkyBlueZack

You're on your own on this one, apart from maybe dongo. Who is a self proclaimed council fan so not much more to say about that. The club is part of the cities culture. Therefore should be part of the bid. No ifs, no buts and no maybes.

martcov

What has that got to do with culture and a culture bid? You talk utter shit. No one is asking the council to invite the club for Christmas dinner. They are asking that we are rightfully part of the bid as we have been part of this cities culture for 134 years. Which according to you and the council counts for nothing. Unless of course you have someone else's money to throw about.

I just think that nothing much will happen without money and goodwill. Maybe you know better.

martcov

You're on your own on this one, apart from maybe dongo. Who is a self proclaimed council fan so not much more to say about that. The club is part of the cities culture. Therefore should be part of the bid. No ifs, no buts and no maybes.

yes, they should have been in from the beginning. Wasps' support was announced ages ago. There was mention in January about CCFC happy to support the bid, but I never heard anything again.

clint van damme

anyone ever thought that having an foreign hedge fund who only rolled into town a couple of years ago with their uprooted rugby club might not actually go down to well with the selection panel?

stupot07

I can't believe a cov fan can spend so much time and effort justifying why the club have wrongly been sidelined in the city of culture bid on a cov city forum.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Coventry - City of Culture 2021
Home of the LA Lakers
Birthplace of Leonardo Da Vinci
Located on the famous Las Vegas Strip
Easy access to Skiing in the Alps
Home of the Brazilian nation team
Is literally the moon
No such thing as Coventry City
Wasps, fuck wasps, there are a thousand angry hornets per person
Transport Museum
La Louvre
The coliseum (club or amphitheatre, make your own mind up)

clint van damme

Coventry - City of Culture 2021
Home of the LA Lakers
Birthplace of Leonardo Da Vinci
Located on the famous Las Vegas Strip
Easy access to Skiing in the Alps
Home of the Brazilian nation team
Is literally the moon
No such thing as Coventry City
Wasps, fuck wasps, there are a thousand angry hornets per person
Transport Museum
La Louvre
The coliseum (club or amphitheatre, make your own mind up)

was going to ask you to add home of free scoring strikers but probably best not to exaggerate too much.

martcov

I can't believe a cov fan can spend so much time and effort justifying why the club have wrongly been sidelined in the city of culture bid on a cov city forum.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am just saying why I think they are there. It is a fact they are there. We should be there, but there doesn’t seem to have been any great effort to be involved.

Ashdown

yes, they should have been in from the beginning. Wasps' support was announced ages ago. There was mention in January about CCFC happy to support the bid, but I never heard anything again.
Steady on Mart, you know damn well that Nicky will bend over and touch his little tootsies if there is any implication that his favourite buddies at SISU come under any scrutiny or criticism !?

martcov

Steady on Mart, you know damn well that Nicky will bend over and touch his little tootsies if there is any implication that his favourite buddies at SISU come under any scrutiny or criticism !?

Yes, I seem to getting a hard time for stating the obvious. Still, someone is going to buy the club and we’ll all be home by Christmas..... apparently...

dongonzalos

Stop being lazy then and you will see that has been disproved over and over again.

What, it has been disproved that by Wasps sponsoring the bid. They won’t get a mention at every opportunity by the bid team?
Or it’s been disproved that CCFC abd CRFC haven’t sponsored the bid.
Or has it been disproved that Wasps and Ricoh sponsored the bid?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
What, it has been disproved that by Wasps spinsering the bid. They won’t get a mention at every opportunity by the bid team.
Or it’s been disproved that CCFC abd CRFC haven’t spinsters the bid.
Or has it been disproved that Wasps and Ricoh sponsored the bid?
What are you on about now?

Users who are viewing this thread