Bee Sky Bee

Oct 23, 2013
Your comments appear to conclude you are envious of CCFC's position... please don't be.

Envious? I'm proud of what Walsall are achieving, all things considered, and I'm happy I'll have a league club to support in a year or two, due to the fact our club is run well. I'm far from envious.

I think it's you who should be envious. History is just that. You're a league one club right now, the same as Smallsall, Orient etc.

mark82

Jul 15, 2010
South Yorkshire
Your comments appear to conclude you are envious of CCFC's position... please don't be.

Exactly. Feel free to swap situations Bee Sky Bee. You can have our owners, a tiny stadium 35 miles from your current one, gates of 1500 and fans who bicker at each other constantly. You can't sign anyone without the leagues approval.

Fortunately you would have the best academy in the league that has got you through, although your owners would be hell bent on destroying it.

mark82

Jul 15, 2010
South Yorkshire
Envious? I'm proud of what Walsall are achieving, all things considered, and I'm happy I'll have a league club to support in a year or two, due to the fact our club is run well. I'm far from envious.

I think it's you who should be envious. History is just that. You're a league one club right now, the same as Smallsall, Orient etc.

Believe me, we are envious of every club playing in their home town.

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
The transfer embargo should include loans, then. Farcical.

PS. Vastly reduced wages, still doesn't mean you're living in the real league one world.

It does include loans, we can sign up to 5 players (I think) on 75% of the outgoing players' wages, that's our embargo. This lad will hardly cost more than 75% of Dunn, McSheffrey, Edgjenguele and the French CB whose name escapes me.

I'd be massively surprised if our total wage bill was any more than yours to be honest. We've got about 4 players over 23 and only two of them were signed outside League 1.

Edit: not that I agree with the "special arrangement" we have with the FL, every football fan should be up in arms that a club can have the FL over a barrel like we seem to.

Last edited:

skybluegod

May 13, 2011
13 games in, that comment is unfair, I think Manset was possibly 2nd choice going into the season, but he wasn't fit, so was on the bench and Wilson has been scoring consistently and has forged the most potent partnership in L1, probably the FL, so he's a victim of out success, and what he needs is 1st team experience, what he won't get at the minute at CCFC.

It's a 46 game slugfest and Leon nor Wilson will be available for all of those games Manset will have to be patient and when called upon, has to stake his claim, and let his performances force SP to pick him ahead of either Clarke or Wilson.

Completely agree. And tbf to manset he has looked decent when coming off the bench. Was excellent vs Preston. And he adds something different to the group.

Users who are viewing this thread