Club finally responds to yesterday.... (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

As you would expect.. I don't think that if SISU would come out and say "Well this now gives us a better chance of achieving an fairer rate on the rent of which see is feesable" it would be taken to well, I can't see them not having a plan in their next move..

hill83

I fail to see any problem with this statement. What did you want?

"Well, f*ck me, that's a turn up for the books, catch you all later. Mines a Carling"

Mary_Mungo_Midge

What? What? 'Our stated policy of not commenting to the media, as negotiations continue regarding the stadium’s rent, will continue'

What about Fisher in the CET on November 29th?: 'Mr Fisher yesterday escalated the war of words by speculating ACL could be heading for administration – claiming Yorkshire Bank and Deloitte would discover no restructuring was possible. Despite the loss-making football club and its private equity fund owners Sisu withholding up to £1million of rental payments since March, Mr Fisher attributed ACL’s “high debts” to other alleged financial problems.'

:mad:

Or what about the official site, 27th November: 'We appreciate that ACL's financial position must be particularly fragile at the moment, especially given its very high debt levels, the recent withdrawal of multiple stand sponsorships and the upcoming drop in naming rights revenue.'

Where's the 'no commenting' eh, Fish Boy? God I hate the duplicity of this outfit!

Last edited:

Ashdown1

It was a turn up for the books though..............and they've made a statement saying they don't make statements.................. I bet they don't when they've just been done by the councils googly !!

RoboCCFC90

What? 'Our stated policy of not commenting to the media, as negotiations continue regarding the stadium’s rent, will continue'

What about Fisher in the CET on November 29th?: 'Mr Fisher yesterday escalated the war of words by speculating ACL could be heading for administration – claiming Yorkshire Bank and Deloitte would discover no restructuring was possible. Despite the loss-making football club and its private equity fund owners Sisu withholding up to £1million of rental payments since March, Mr Fisher attributed ACL’s “high debts” to other alleged financial problems.'

:mad:

That is probably when they learnt to keep hush with the media, every one is against not for SISU and thnigs like that will be decieved as tatics

skyblueinBaku

There is something missing from that statement. Where it says 'our stated policy of not commenting to the media...........' should say 'our stated policy of not commenting to the media (except for when it suits us)..............'

Sky Blues

Apart from that line "Our stated policy of not commenting to the media as negotiations continue regarding the stadium's rent, will continue" - which just doesn't sit right given what has gone before - the statement is, for once, a fairly sensible one from Sisu IMHO.

torchomatic

Say nothing. Moan.
Say something. Moan.

Ashdown1

They could have said...' Well that's fecked our true intentions now, so we'll fudge our way over the next few weeks conning the Coventry public that we give a shiny shite { Just while we see if there's any dosh in the making from a Wembley final} failing that as the end of the season approaches we'll see what we can asset strip and cut our losses and finally bugger off to Mayfair with with our tails between our legs, leaving the club in tatters once again'

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
nothing much they can say really is there. So the statement is about right

Their talking now needs to be done in settling the rent at a realistic level for both parties. Not £1.2m but also not £170k for everything either. The sooner the better because the longer it is left the debt of original rent under the lease keeps getting bigger, and despite what some say remains legally collectable.

Just get it done

WillieStanley

I suspect that, had they not released that statement, telling us not to expect anything until this mess is resolved, in a few days time there would have been a 16 page thread on "Have SISU Learnt Nothing?"

Then a load of mushroom analogies and hate posts about not being told anything. "Why are they so quiet... This obviously means liquidation"

At least they've given a rational explanation as to why they aren't saying anything!!

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

ashbyjan

Not sure what people expected the club to say "Darn it we'd have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky meddling councillors".

Now is not the time for a war of words but a time for sensible actions: time to get rent sorted on a mutually beneficial basis, get Blair Adams signed up, concentrate on JPT and potential promotion.

WillieStanley

Their talking now needs to be done in settling the rent at a realistic level for both parties. Not £1.2m but also not £170k for everything either. The sooner the better because the longer it is left the debt of original rent under the lease keeps getting bigger, and despite what some say remains legally collectable.

Just get it done

Bang on!! £170k is now as unattainable as £1.2m

I still think £400k is unreasonable, personally.

J

Jack Griffin

Just get it done

SISU are therefore respsonsible for putting the club at risk of being wound up, no one else.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Personally I do not think the £400k is far away from the right figure.

On top of that they are being offered half the profits from concourse catering that Mr Mutton suggested was worth £100k. They wont even of had to pay for the rights to it

Net effect is £300k

Of course then there is the back rent to pay but if £1m over 10 years then currently in L1 the worst they are in for is £400k net until it is paid off with the prospect of being able to increase crowds by success on the pitch and earn a lot more. Every 1000 increase on average gate is worth around £350k pa to the club

There might be an escalator for crowd size or division but the finances are not exactly against the club. Up to them to maximise their own income and the best way to do that is to get success on the pitch

Ownership and rights to stadium income issues have got to be parked for now and the club made stable within what it can generate for itself

Last edited:

torchomatic

Paxman II

If anything I think this has now brought the need to settle the rent issue sooner rather than later. I've said all along a figure more like £300/350k and a percentage of match day concessions would be a deal worth accepting. ACL now have the security to offer that. Revues will be built in to that for each season and dependent on which league we find ourselves in.
There is every incentive in place for SISU (CCFC) to keep this club moving forward. Their effect on the books has already made big inroads and if we can support that on the pitch under a new manager getting results, the club will emerge into a much brighter future quite rapidly.
The JPT final possibilities and playoff possibilities will open up further revenue streams not expected. If MR can continue his success rate the whole atmosphere will be conduscive of a club looking forward not sliding backwards.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think we have to recognise the balance of power in these negotiations has shifted. Following yesterday ACL is in a stronger position and it may well be that they say their current offer is as far as they will go. There might be a few discussions on the periferary but I doubt they actually need to move more than they have. It is no longer about finding 1.2m income or cashflow it is more about finding 400k or less from the club or elswhere, that is not so hard to do.

Does it make much sense for SISU to potentially lose £40m by rejecting a net difference of around £100k per year ...... doesnt seem clever to me but others might see the sense in it

Last edited:

glamour76

If anything I think this has now brought the need to settle the rent issue sooner rather than later. I've said all along a figure more like £300/350k and a percentage of match day concessions would be a deal worth accepting. ACL now have the security to offer that. Revues will be built in to that for each season and dependent on which league we find ourselves in.
There is every incentive in place for SISU (CCFC) to keep this club moving forward. Their effect on the books has already made big inroads and if we can support that on the pitch under a new manager getting results, the club will emerge into a much brighter future quite rapidly.
The JPT final possibilities and playoff possibilities will open up further revenue streams not expected. If MR can continue his success rate the whole atmosphere will be conduscive of a club looking forward not sliding backwards.

Why a percentage of match day revenue. Ccfc should get 100% of any matchday revenue.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
CCFC should get 100% of the match day costs associated with that income too in that case ..... perhaps a percentage of the turnover removes the need for greater calculations ?

Paxman II

I agree OSB . I just would like to think ACL might now look a little favourably towards moving it down a 'tad' more to get that agreement cemented?
In the interest of goodwill to all more than anything else. After all, they have just received a mighty chunk of goodwill from the local taxpayers funds themselves to get out of difficulties so can hardly be in a position of not appearing to be helpful?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think they have shown a lot of goodwill Paxman to be honest ....... where i do not see much goodwill is coming from the club. Time for them to take part properly compromise and do a reasonable deal for all

Users who are viewing this thread