Club need to be clever now (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Thing is on pricing obviously its a better atmosphere if we get more people in to watch but regardless of our illustrious owners we need the money either for the running of the club or the benefit of the team or indeed line the pockets of said owners... Which would be better a full ground playing in a lower division because we can't afford 'better' players or a half empty stadium and hopefully 'better' players....decisions decisions

italiahorse

Thing is on pricing obviously its a better atmosphere if we get more people in to watch but regardless of our illustrious owners we need the money either for the running of the club or the benefit of the team or indeed line the pockets of said owners... Which would be better a full ground playing in a lower division because we can't afford 'better' players or a half empty stadium and hopefully 'better' players....decisions decisions

Our model would be heavily weighted on ticket prices alone.
We don't have the luxury with the current deal of maximising other incomes like food and beverage.
Wasps can reduce the ticket prices to increase the crowd knowing the food and beverage incomes will increase considerably for a bigger crowd.
It is a complex calculation for us because we need to factor in things like the cost of opening more stands and other incremental facilities at the Ricoh.

Liquid Gold

My problem with a low season ticket allocation for cup games, 2 a head for example, is that I am the only one in my group that has a season ticket but there are 3 of us minimum and games and sometimes up to 7. All of those tickets are bought on my account so I'm the only one out of the 7 with a history of purchases on the database and if it comes to two tickets then a bunch of genuine fans miss out still. I think 4 is fair, 6 probably too much but if you want the priority half season tickets are on sale and Robins needs the money for a push at the league.

italiahorse

My problem with a low season ticket allocation for cup games, 2 a head for example, is that I am the only one in my group that has a season ticket but there are 3 of us minimum and games and sometimes up to 7. All of those tickets are bought on my account so I'm the only one out of the 7 with a history of purchases on the database and if it comes to two tickets then a bunch of genuine fans miss out still. I think 4 is fair, 6 probably too much but if you want the priority half season tickets are on sale and Robins needs the money for a push at the league.

That information on your account could be considered and allow you to purchase more (or less for others).
I'm sure the system these days could automatically calculate and send out an allocation for those on the system depending on ordering history..

ceetee

Would need to be a big name to give us a problem.
Well if Stoke was considered not to be a big name, then there aren't many big names left.

And just a point on pricing that some people haven't caught on to.
When we played Stoke we were playing a team three divisions above.
MK were playing a team one division below, so reduced their prices just as CCFC did for the first two rounds

Grendel

Let me help your worries.
We will get a BASIC 1 year running deal until the nonsense finishes.
Very basic, no buy in to the stadium, no personalisation of areas of stadium and a few hours like now to get out after matches.
A better deal of offices, on site shop, on site ticketing, stadium personalisation, sponsorship/advertising share, etc etc is available but not to Sisu.

That deal comes at a very very significant price with zero exit clause does it not?

clint van damme

Most old Wasps fans don't share your thoughts, they are just glad they exist.
I can understand your 'misguided' views as a CCFC fan that Wasps need to leave and CCFC will then own the stadium.
But in reality both can exist here and in my 'misguided?' view I think both need each other to survive here.

Wasps 'have abused' supporters with Coventry move

More propaganda from yourself. Your disregard for long standing wasps supporters is shameful.

Londonccfcfan

Well if Stoke was considered not to be a big name, then there aren't many big names left.

And just a point on pricing that some people haven't caught on to.
When we played Stoke we were playing a team three divisions above.
MK were playing a team one division below, so reduced their prices just as CCFC did for the first two rounds

The difference between divisions and pricing becomes less as you get further into the rounds of competition.
You could argue that was a 4th round game and this is now a 5th Round game! playing for a place in Quarter finals of the FA Cup.
That's like saying the of fa cup final tickets should be cheaper depending on who we are playing Lincoln or Arsenal? The prize money and prestige doesn't change no matter who you play!
We took 45 k to Wembley when we were playing Oxford!

wingy

The difference between divisions and pricing becomes less as you get further into the rounds of competition.
You could argue that was a 4th round game and this is now a 5th Round game! playing for a place in Quarter finals of the FA Cup.
That's like saying the of fa cup final tickets should be cheaper depending on who we are playing Lincoln or Arsenal? The prize money and prestige doesn't change no matter who you play!
We took 45 k to Wembley when we were playing Oxford!
Stoke was never a glamour tie, their standard of play was around the level of who we faced yesterday.
It was a winnable tie as long as they retained Hughes and No surprise to me that we beat them, but I didn't put my house on it.

letsallsingtogether

That' that's the problem ok some people are unable to walk very far, too many are just lazy.
Park somewhere else plenty of 5 pound parking off site even the shotblasters on the main entrance island is a fiver, just cross the road and bang your in the stadium just get there a little bit earlier to get a space.
Some free ones if you know where to go but can't give those away ;)

Sky Blue Pete

Genuine fans brilliant. Get a season ticket

wingy

Look, a lot of this has nothing to do with the OP .
There is a devoted thread for anyone wishing to discuss this tired subject .

Grendel

Most of them initially, but the point I'm making is they are now firmly backing them along with the many new fans in the area.

Utter tripe.

pastythegreat

Most old Wasps fans don't share your thoughts, they are just glad they exist.
I can understand your 'misguided' views as a CCFC fan that Wasps need to leave and CCFC will then own the stadium.
But in reality both can exist here and in my 'misguided?' view I think both need each other to survive here.
We've 'survived' here for 130 years before they showed up, why on earth do we need them here now to continue surviving.
I'm not misguided enough to think that if they packed up and fucked off we'd own the Ricoh and everything would be rosey, doesn't mean I want them here! I'm pretty damn sure that black bears could cohabit along side polar bears, doesn't mean they belong in the friggin' Antarctic though does it?! I agree would could quite happily coexist with w***s but quite bluntly put, I don't want to and don't see why the fuck we should have to!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

We've 'survived' here for 130 years before they showed up, why on earth do we need them here now to continue surviving.
I'm not misguided enough to think that if they packed up and fucked off we'd own the Ricoh and everything would be rosey, doesn't mean I want them here! I'm pretty damn sure that black bears could cohabit along side polar bears, doesn't mean they belong in the friggin' Antarctic though does it?! I agree would could quite happily coexist with w***s but quite bluntly put, I don't want to and don't see why the fuck we should have to!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

the hypocrisy is off the scale. Slate one hedge fund for moving a club defend another.
It's like saying it's wrong to burgle a house in Radford but it's OK to burgle one in Coundon.

Londonccfcfan

That' that's the problem ok some people are unable to walk very far, too many are just lazy.
Park somewhere else plenty of 5 pound parking off site even the shotblasters on the main entrance island is a fiver, just cross the road and bang your in the stadium just get there a little bit earlier to get a space.
Some free ones if you know where to go but can't give those away ;)

I drive from London every game and I unless I have to be home earlier I never use car park. I have great car park spot which is free And don't mind the 1 mile walk which is about 20 mins. 10 quid is ridiculous.

Liquid Gold

I drive from London every game and I unless I have to be home earlier I never use car park. I have great car park spot which is free And don't mind the 1 mile walk which is about 20 mins. 10 quid is ridiculous.
I’m the same. Bristol to cov and then park with a short walk to the ground for free.

The club will get the flack for expensive parking even though it’s the insect’s responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread