Club Retail/Reward Strategy (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

The voucher discourse has got me thinking here. I think most of the anger comes down to the fact that there’s just not that much value in 25% off the club shop.

The products sold are sold in pretty much every EFL club shop, the quality is poor, and the selection is pretty crap.

I find it hard to believe we make significant money from the RC car or Monopoly board let alone the gnomes and screenwash.

Seems to me the club have got the buying/product strategy all wrong. Fans want unique stuff mostly. And will pay way more than something cost to make if it’s got something special and unique that links it to the club.

Would the club be better off aiming for higher value limited edition sales of things like signed merch, unique experience, limited edition stuff, rather than basically crap from Temu?

Equally as a fan, I feel the ST scarf and the ST pin badge were infinitely more valuable than anything else the club has given out or done. Because it was special and unique. Would they be better both in finance and PR terms to do something cheap and unique like send every fan going to Leeds a signed program, or a unique ring tone sung by the players, or whatever than a club shop discount?

San Francisco

Pretty much spot on. If I'm spending £50 I want it to be unique CCFC merch like retro shirts and training kits, good quality scarves, hats, mugs, etc. and old special edition matchday programmes like City VS Luton or City VS Exeter.

Most of the stuff in store is overpriced shite that disintegrates after one wash or crap no needs like branded screenwash and RC cars.

Users who are viewing this thread