Club shop end of season sale (1 Viewer)

AOM

For anyone interested

Skyblueweeman

That's for it may turn up whenever postage through Royal Mail too, £10 for actual quick delivery.

Either the club is ripping us off - in which case they should stop, or they are using a company that is ripping us off - in which case they should switch.

Maybe they don't make much of the merch but do of the postage?

mark82

Was gonna buy some kits for the kids but literally no stock in. Wonder if they will get more in?

Liquid Gold

Tbh the reality is that post and delivery costs money, the industry can no longer rely on recruiting as much cheap labour from abroad.
Like I said though, it is just put in a royal mail envelope and posted first class through your door.

How is that £6 in any world?

edgy

Like I said though, it is just put in a royal mail envelope and posted first class through your door.

As much as I hate postage fees it's about right.

It's not just an envelope, it's a plastic postage bag - 50p
1st Class postage for a small package £3.70
Someone's time to pick & pack £balance

Marty

It works out about right at £6. The club couldn't afford for it to be lost in transit so insured parcels upto £100 cover, starts at £4.50. Add in the extra's. Printing labels, packing slips, the mail bag itself. Doubt the club are making more then a few pence on the postage costs.

ajsccfc

I fancy some stuff but I'm going to go up to the shop at some point instead to check sizes. I assume the pink away kit isn't likely to sell out so I should be ok to hold off

larry_david

I'm debating the third kit, purely because i've started collecting the shirts by accident but I don't really like it. if it goes down to £17 or something i'll get it but if it stays at £32 or whatever it is now, I won't.

Nick

Administrator
As much as I hate postage fees it's about right.

It's not just an envelope, it's a plastic postage bag - 50p
1st Class postage for a small package £3.70
Someone's time to pick & pack £balance

It isn't a case of just a stamp like you say.

First class signed for is £4.85 up to 1kg and £6.57 up to 2kg if they use Royal Mail.

Postage courier costs have gone up massively. Even to post a small mug box with £20 protection is £2.94. Then you have the packaging to protect it, the label printing, the time to take it to the courier etc.

I think with Amazon Prime, the cost of delivery and packaging is worthless now.

Liquid Gold

Because I'm a sad bastard I just did the whole championship (minus posh whose is currently free)

We're the most expensive in the league, I've put minimum costs on as some do postage cheap for minor things (we don't)

The majority that are a couple of quid cheaper than ours are full tracked through curriers not just put in the post.

It needs to come down

1646743824802.png

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is this something where you'd just increase the cost of the item to absorb the postage costs, which seem to make a big difference over purchasing decisions? Could be seen as profiteering for those buying in store but would instead go towards paying rent, staff, lights etc.

Liquid Gold

Is this something where you'd just increase the cost of the item to absorb the postage costs, which seem to make a big difference over purchasing decisions? Could be seen as profiteering for those buying in store but would instead go towards paying rent, staff, lights etc.
Definitely. I'd rather buy a £15 hat than spend £6 postage on a £9 hat.

Marty

Definitely. I'd rather buy a £15 hat than spend £6 postage on a £9 hat.

Buying multiple items massively inflates the price, for a family of 4 who want 4 hats, they now are being charged £60 instead of £42.

chiefdave

Because I'm a sad bastard I just did the whole championship (minus posh whose is currently free)

We're the most expensive in the league, I've put minimum costs on as some do postage cheap for minor things (we don't)

The majority that are a couple of quid cheaper than ours are full tracked through curries not just put in the post.

It needs to come down

View attachment 24089
If they put the postage down they will just increase the cost of the shirts to offset it so its really a non-issue. Are we really suggesting a club that's short on cash like ours should just start posting every order out at a loss?

Alkhen

The majority that are a couple of quid cheaper than ours are full tracked through curries not just put in the post.

It needs to come down

View attachment 24089

Yep no need to be that high as a blanket across all products. they must miss out on single orders and impluse buys (secret santa etc)

I had some bits in my online basket last night, got to the checkout and relised the jacket I wanted was out of stock, would have got the other smallers stuff if postage wasnt so high instead just didnt bother

Liquid Gold

If they put the postage down they will just increase the cost of the shirts to offset it so its really a non-issue. Are we really suggesting a club that's short on cash like ours should just start posting every order out at a loss?
Are you suggesting that every other club in the league is doing it at a loss?

I'm suggesting this, like many other things at the club, isn't being run very well. Can't they follow other clubs' models and send small inexpensive things out cheaply? is it impossible to send the expensive stuff out via courier like every other club instead of chucking it in the post?

There are many things to defend the club on but rising us off by being the most expensive in the league at something isn't it.

chiefdave

Are you suggesting that every other club in the league is doing it at a loss?

I'm suggesting this, like many other things at the club, isn't being run very well. Can't they follow other clubs' models and send small inexpensive things out cheaply? is it impossible to send the expensive stuff out via courier like every other club instead of chucking it in the post?

There are many things to defend the club on but rising us off by being the most expensive in the league at something isn't it.
I'm not a shipping expert but if, as has been said, postage is £4.85 and the bags 50p that's £5.35 before you start, so you've got 65p to cover the cost of the employees time and any other packaging materials. Doesn't seem a lot of scope to drop it down.

Maybe other clubs use cheaper shipping services, maybe they cost their items higher to factor that in. Its not like these are things you can only get via mail order. If people don't want to pay postage just pop into the shop on a matchday. Maybe if someone knows about shipping they can spec something up and it can be gone over at one of the supporters meetings, might get further than just saying we want cheaper postage.

edgy

Some equally sad research shows we weren't (relatively speaking) ripping folk off with the shirts at full price:

Fulham (Adidas): £60.00
Bournemouth (Umbro): £55.00
Cardiff City (Adidas): £55.00
Sheffield United (Adidas): £55.00
West Bromwich Albion (Puma): £55.00
Derby County (Umbro): £50.00
Middlesbrough (Hummel): £50.00
Nottingham Forest (Macron): £50.00
Reading (Macron): £50.00
Bristol City (Hummel): £50.00
Birmingham City (Nike): £49.99
Preston North End (Nike): £49.95
Luton Town (Umbro): £49.00
Barnsley (Umbro): £48.00
Huddersfield Town (Umbro): £48.00
Stoke City (Macron): £48.00
Blackpool (Puma): £48.00
Blackburn (Macron): £48.00
QPR (Errea): £47.99
Coventry City (Hummel): £47.00
Hull City (Umbro): £46.99
Millwall (Macron): £45.00
Swansea City (Joma): £45.00
Peterborough United (Puma): £45.00

Maybe being one of the lowest priced kit, means we can't swallow up any postage charges. I dont know.

stupot07

Some equally sad research shows we weren't (relatively speaking) ripping folk off with the shirts at full price:

Fulham (Adidas): £60.00
Bournemouth (Umbro): £55.00
Cardiff City (Adidas): £55.00
Sheffield United (Adidas): £55.00
West Bromwich Albion (Puma): £55.00
Derby County (Umbro): £50.00
Middlesbrough (Hummel): £50.00
Nottingham Forest (Macron): £50.00
Reading (Macron): £50.00
Bristol City (Hummel): £50.00
Birmingham City (Nike): £49.99
Preston North End (Nike): £49.95
Luton Town (Umbro): £49.00
Barnsley (Umbro): £48.00
Huddersfield Town (Umbro): £48.00
Stoke City (Macron): £48.00
Blackpool (Puma): £48.00
Blackburn (Macron): £48.00
QPR (Errea): £47.99
Coventry City (Hummel): £47.00
Hull City (Umbro): £46.99
Millwall (Macron): £45.00
Swansea City (Joma): £45.00
Peterborough United (Puma): £45.00

Maybe being one of the lowest priced kit, means we can't swallow up any postage charges. I dont know.
Great work Edgy

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hobo

It is obvious some fans haven't posted anything themselves for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread