Colchester Match Thread (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Feels like it's been a shitty week on this forum with a reversion to arguments that were done to death a long time ago, so...anyone else going to CUFC? I was feeling v pessimistic earlier in the week but the pre-match optimism is kicking in. Any chance of an away win? (I may have had a drink. Or two).

Covstar

No chance of an away win. The truth is we are a poor league 1 side. 3-0 loss I'm afraid. Would be delighted with a shot on goal.

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Feels like it's been a shitty week on this forum with a reversion to arguments that were done to death a long time ago, so...anyone else going to CUFC? I was feeling v pessimistic earlier in the week but the pre-match optimism is kicking in. Any chance of an away win? (I may have had a drink. Or two).

nil nil I think was going to go now got ticket for England Samoa have never been to Twickenham couldn't pass it up.

The Reverend Skyblue

I love your alcohol induced optimism ,but you know very well once you have sobered up there is little chance of us winning away.
dont worry too much, as the lads would have given everything they had and deserved all three points ,even though we had no shots on goal and only one corner with only 13% of the procession, and yet again Webster played like Franz Beckanbaur , Pressley will say that's the positives he will take forward next year in division 2

what Presseley will say when we are cut adrift at the bottom I can only imagine, but his main mission is to get rid of the clubs losing mentality and he feels he is on target to do this sometime in 2035

Last edited:

percy

I love your alcohol induced optimism ,but you know very well once you have sobered up there is little chance of us winning away.
dont worry too much, as the lads would have given everything they had and deserved all three points ,even though we had no shots on goal and only one corner, and only 13% of the procession , and that's the positives our manager will take forward.

what Presseley will say when we are cut adrift at the bottom I can only imagine, but his main mission is to get rid of the clubs losing mentality and he feels he is on target to do this sometime in 2035

is that three of us on the ale tonight ???

ccfcway

Colchester 4-0 is 55/1

Thats tempting,

cancel that, done it

Single: Colchester 4 - 0 @ 55/1
1 line at £2.00 per line
Total stake for this bet: £2.00
Returns: £112.00

mrtrench

No chance of an away win. The truth is we are a poor league 1 side. 3-0 loss I'm afraid. Would be delighted with a shot on goal.

I agree with this. I'll go further and name the goalscorer: Jordan Clarke for all three.

RoboCCFC90

I'll be there this weekend, I am going to go with a scrappy 0-1 for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suffolkskyblue

I'll be there tomorrow with my son, he's coming up from Kent so hope they put on a decent show. Not too optimistic though! Draw or narrow Colch win for me I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

I went last season when we lost 2-1 and were spanked by a team of our old players. Sad actually.

All form and reason suggests a colchester win so enjoy the game everyone.

MichaelCCFC

Anyone know a decent hangover cure? The older you get the recovery time after drinking seems to get longer and longer. I have a vague recollection of predicting an away win. Serious evidence of taking complete leave of my senses

chiefdave

Aren't Orient playing Crewe tomorrow, if we lose and it's not a draw in that match we're in the relegation places. Given that we struggle to even get a shot on target at home and are worse away I can't see anything but a defeat tomorrow and Sears is bound to get at least 1, 2-0 to them.

skybluejelly

Well I think we will win this one .. Had £25 on us at 85/40 .( my lucky odds) and £8 on Aaron Martin to score at anytime 8-1.. I reckon 2-0 to city

glancy89

Definatley no chance of winning away with a poor away following, no support from the fans and probably start jeering them when the make a misplaced pass or shot off-target.

Hope they prove the doubters wrong and then everyone will be like OMG promotion maybe? ?? Negative fuckers!!

PUSB!! Keep the faith pressley!
dont worry too much, as the lads would have given everything they had and deserved all three points ,even though we had no shots on goal and only one corner with only 13% of the procession, and yet again Webster played like Franz Beckanbaur , Pressley will say that's the positives he will take forward next year in division 2

LB87ccfc

Colchester are very very good for goals galore bets so anyone saying we will keep a clean sheet, we will need a miracle for that to happen..... 2.1 either way this one. - Sears DEFFO score.

Gazolba

We are due for a shock win. I'll go for a 1-2 victory. Reda and Madine to score.

MichaelCCFC

5 hours to remain optimistic about an away win (and forget about London rugby clubs, journos, scoreboards etc etc). Second half against Peterboro we were absolutely excellent. Didn't seem to be any great tactical genius just an early goal instilling confidence. How professional players can be so mentally brittle has always mystified me. Dips in form are understandable but to go in just a matter of minutes from so lacking confidence as to be unable to string a couple of passes together to then playing good quality football is in some ways downright weird. Hope we've got our heads sorted today

letsallsingtogether

We always make one fuck up per game so I will go for the boring 1-2 to City.:)

Hincha

How bad is it that beating Colchester is seen as a shock win.

I don't think it will be a heavy loss, probably 2-0 or 2-1 (you're entitled to think I'm crazy for thinking we can score, let alone get a shot on target)

RoboCCFC90

I am enjoying FA Cup Finals on the coach to Colchester, already seen City score once so I am happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

How bad is it that beating Colchester is seen as a shock win.

I don't think it will be a heavy loss, probably 2-0 or 2-1 (you're entitled to think I'm crazy for thinking we can score, let alone get a shot on target)

You have to believe we will score or what is the point of going I always believe we will win every game!!!

Then Full time comes :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread