Cold calling (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

surely you are paying for line rental.....the infrastructure itself....whether you choose to use all the connections included for a home phone or just broadband doesn't affect the fact you still need a line connected to the network.....

I know £17 per month is a rip, but I don't get why people expect to receive their broadband connection for nowt?

If you have cable then why the need for a phone line?

skybluetony176

Friends of mine got that pissed of with a certain double glazing company cold calling them on an almost weekly basis. It didn't matter how often they told them that they'd just had new windows fitted or that they lived in a terraced house with a yard and didn't have room for a conservatory they kept calling and calling. Eventually my mate had enough and made an appointment with them for the salesman to come to see him. Anyway, he answered the door the salesman introduced himself and the first comment he came out with was your windows and doors look almost new, my mate replied I'm glad you noticed. The salesman said it must be a conservatory then. My mate replied if you like and showed him through the house to his back yard. The salesman said you don't have room for a conservatory sir. My mate said to him, so we agree that I neither need new windows and don't have room for a conservatory can you now confirm this to your telesales team because every time they call they seem to think I'm lying and keep calling back to ask again. The salesman went mental accusing my mate of wasting his time etc.

Anyway the cold calls stopped for about a month then all of a sudden he got a call again so yet again he made an appointment. The salesman knocked the door my mate opened it and the salesman went argh, you again. My mate just said tell your sales office I can do this all year and slammed the door in his face. This time the cold calls stopped for good and he didn't buy or get one free.

Nick

Administrator
Friends of mine got that pissed of with a certain double glazing company cold calling them on an almost weekly basis. It didn't matter how often they told them that they'd just had new windows fitted or that they lived in a terraced house with a yard and didn't have room for a conservatory they kept calling and calling. Eventually my mate had enough and made an appointment with them for the salesman to come to see him. Anyway, he answered the door the salesman introduced himself and the first comment he came out with was your windows and doors look almost new, my mate replied I'm glad you noticed. The salesman said it must be a conservatory then. My mate replied if you like and showed him through the house to his back yard. The salesman said you don't have room for a conservatory sir. My mate said to him, so we agree that I neither need new windows and don't have room for a conservatory can you now confirm this to your telesales team because every time they call they seem to think I'm lying and keep calling back to ask again. The salesman went mental accusing my mate of wasting his time etc.

Anyway the cold calls stopped for about a month then all of a sudden he got a call again so yet again he made an appointment. The salesman knocked the door my mate opened it and the salesman went argh, you again. My mate just said tell your sales office I can do this all year and slammed the door in his face. This time the cold calls stopped for good and he didn't buy or get one free.
If it was Amber they keep going, relentless with it.

They forgot work they had done

Grendel

If it was Amber they keep going, relentless with it.

They forgot work they had done

Amber are dire.

I asked them to quote once. They quoted £10,000 - so I had a couple more quotes. One was around £7,500. They immediately reduced to £6,200. To be honest at that point all credibility had gone. You wouldn't get that price matching even in the motor game. Still I used it to get the other ones to £6,100. Of course old Amber went to £5,900 but by then I said id done the deal.

The next day I had a knock on the door. Some old guy was there and said there was a special promotion in my area and he'd do windows and facias for £5,500. Oh it's amber windows but another branch who had no idea that i had been quoted by them.

I rang the manager and said if he wanted I would come to his office and educate him on the art of selling value for money rather than brand destruction. He said I was a patronising twat and put the phone down on me.

The only thing that bothers me is even at £6,200 was it good? The margins clearly are huge.

The windows are good though.

Nick

Administrator
I had guttering and french doors done, price wasn't bad and had an issue with the doors and they sent somebody out the next day.

It is just they keep calling with the old "offer in your area" and "we are in your area". Then I ask which streets and they aren't prepared enough to tell me any.

RegTheDonk

Amber are dire.

I asked them to quote once. They quoted £10,000 - so I had a couple more quotes. One was around £7,500. They immediately reduced to £6,200. To be honest at that point all credibility had gone. You wouldn't get that price matching even in the motor game. Still I used it to get the other ones to £6,100. Of course old Amber went to £5,900 but by then I said id done the deal.

The next day I had a knock on the door. Some old guy was there and said there was a special promotion in my area and he'd do windows and facias for £5,500. Oh it's amber windows but another branch who had no idea that i had been quoted by them.

I rang the manager and said if he wanted I would come to his office and educate him on the art of selling value for money rather than brand destruction. He said I was a patronising twat and put the phone down on me.

The only thing that bothers me is even at £6,200 was it good? The margins clearly are huge.

The windows are good though.

I appreciate the rep and the firm have to earn a wage, but knocking 40% off the bill "immediately" is taking the micky. Had a similar thing years ago with central heating - the rep came in, had a look around, got out his paperwork and calculator ... said it'll cost you X amount. I replied that was too much and the guy said "hang on", tapped his calculator and knocked over £2k off. I said forget it, 30 seconds ago you'd happily have taken two grand off us. You can't justify knocking that much off in the blink of an eye if you had quoted a fair price.

The £2k less price was reasonable and if he hadn't been greedy and originally just added a few hundred quid for his trouble, I'd have probably dealt.

Users who are viewing this thread