Transfer Rumour Confirmed - Bradley Collins (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

Thought he should've done better with the freekick but overall he's definitely been an upgrade on Wilson since he came into the team.
So…
Marosi was an upgrade on Burge.
Moore was an upgrade on Marosi.
Wilson was an upgrade on Moore.
Collins is an upgrade on Wilson.

If we carry on like this we’ll eventually get a keeper that we can agree is “ok” ie one that can catch a ball.

shmmeee

So…
Marosi was an upgrade on Burge.
Moore was an upgrade on Marosi.
Wilson was an upgrade on Moore.
Collins is an upgrade on Wilson.

If we carry on like this we’ll eventually get a keeper that we can agree is “ok” ie one that can catch a ball.

Problem is Moore and Marosi both nosedived after an injury and ended up worse than the players they replaced.

Grendel

Time to bring Wilson back in I think, Collins has been largely good but cant help but worry about his positioning, I think Wilson is the better shotstopper which first and foremost is the important part of being a goalkeeper not being able to pass a ball accurately 60 yards
rebecca asylum GIF

Alkhen

He's fine, neither keeper we have is perfect but who is at this level. Sunderlands is supposed to be good Championship quality but dropped a few bollocks against us.

Collins looked good in the first games he came in, kicking and throwing looked a massive upgrade on Wilson.

I feel we are way stronger with two keepers fighting it out for one space. Wilson will be bang up for it if he needs to step in. Competition is healthy.

AJB1983

having watched Collins since he came in, I don’t think there’s really much between him and Wilson. Distribution wise sometimes there have been moments where I thought Collins could have got it upfield quickly and he didn’t, but other times where him getting it out has led to a goal for us. So swings and roundabout's.
shot stopping wise they’re similar I think.
So I dunno. Only going off home games and highlights of away obviously.

skybluegod

I think the reality is there isn't a huge amount of keepers of quality in general in football as a whole. At least not in England. You only have to look at the premier league: Onana, Sanchez, Raya, are starting for 3 of the biggest clubs in the country despite not being great keepers.

Below that, the likes of Jason Steele, Wes Foderingham, Matt Turner, Kaminski all starters as well (Steele has lost his place now admittedly) there aren't any keepers really that would come in and be that big an upgrade that would be worth the outlay. I haven't seen many keepers this year where I have thought wow he is what we need.

Collins and Wilson will be adequate for a side pushing.

Last edited:

LastGarrison

I think the reality is there isn't a huge amount of keepers of quality in general in football as a whole. At least not in England. You only have to look at the premier league: Onana, Sanchez, Raya, are starting for 3 of the biggest clubs in the country despite not being great keepers.

Below that, the likes of Luke Steele, Wes Foderingham, Matt Turner, Kaminski all starters as well (Steele has lost his place now admittedly) there aren't any keepers really that would come in and be that big an upgrade that would be worth the outlay. I haven't seen many keepers this year where I have thought wow he is what we need.

Collins and Wilson will be adequate for a side pushing.
Luke Steele? As in the guy who played for us?

What have I missed?

Paxman II

Was disappointed at Collins against swansea. Poor positioning for the late freekick. Flapping at balls and and looked generally nervy. Wilson was very good until he had a couple of games with similar poor showings. he was dropped. Will Collins be dropped today?

Nick

Administrator
Was disappointed at Collins against swansea. Poor positioning for the late freekick. Flapping at balls and and looked generally nervy. Wilson was very good until he had a couple of games with similar poor showings. he was dropped. Will Collins be dropped today?

Surely you know he isn't?

TomRad85

Fucking hell

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Wilson isn't get back in the team, anyone cry wanking over his posters just needs to give it up now.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JSL

Looks like there's another Hamer then who plays in goal. Lets hope we don't get the wrong one back :)

skybluecam

Collins is has been better than Wilson in almost every statistic.

Save%, pass completion, crosses claimed.

Collins is on +3.3 PSxG while Wilson is at -2.8 (essentially how many more/less goals they’ve saved vs expected totals).

No contest for me.

baldy

Collins is has been better than Wilson in almost every statistic.

Save%, pass completion, crosses claimed.

Collins is on +3.3 PSxG while Wilson is at -2.8 (essentially how many more/less goals they’ve saved vs expected totals).

No contest for me.

Do you actually know they're real people or do you just see graphs/stats?

fernandopartridge

having watched Collins since he came in, I don’t think there’s really much between him and Wilson. Distribution wise sometimes there have been moments where I thought Collins could have got it upfield quickly and he didn’t, but other times where him getting it out has led to a goal for us. So swings and roundabout's.
shot stopping wise they’re similar I think.
So I dunno. Only going off home games and highlights of away obviously.
Collins is far better, decision making, use of the ball, coming from crosses, shot stopping.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

CCFC88

It's not just his work between the sticks, the whole defensive unit is just more organised and working better with him as a part of it

Users who are viewing this thread