Congrats to Callum Wilson ! (1 Viewer)

wingy

Some quality In that finish of his among his Influence on the rest of the game

SkyBlue_Bear83

They wouldn't come back Alsopp hates the cov fans following his constant abuse - from a very reliable source. McQuoid would be ok if there was some pace in the side. Couibaly worth a punt

Allsopp didn't get constant abuse from what I've seen, a few criticisms on here (which player hasn't been criticised on here this season?) during the games Allsopp received support and encouragement usually from the crowd.

SBT

Shame all round that Wilson never got to enjoy that season in front of a hometown crowd. Looking forward to having him in my fantasy football team next season. That is, if Josh McQuoid isn't available.

bruthead

Keiren Westwood in the Championship team of the year also. Always thought we might get relegated once he left, was worth about 10 points a season compared to your average keeper at that level. Would like him to get a real crack at top flight football before he retires.

Gazolba

Congratulations to them and Wilson but cannot see them lasting too long in the premiership. Wilson will be poached by a richer club.

skybluepm2

What an achievement for both player and club. Who'd have thought that little old Bournemouth would be gracing the Premier League with their 11,000 stadium in 2015?

Really pleased for Wilson who has been outstanding. It just goes to show what disgraceful businessmen SISU are... Under £3m for someone who must now be worth 5 times that amount. Bloody Asombalonga went for £5.5m and he hasn't done half as well as Callum.

At least we used the money to buy an able replacement...

Covstu

Wilson has been the player we were expecting, Danny Ings and been mentioned as a big talent moving up the league and I think Wilson is a better prospect. Prediction is an eventual move the Spurs....

and no i have no general basis on this comment but he will move to a decent club soon

The Lurker

What an achievement for both player and club. Who'd have thought that little old Bournemouth would be gracing the Premier League with their 11,000 stadium in 2015?

Really pleased for Wilson who has been outstanding. It just goes to show what disgraceful businessmen SISU are... Under £3m for someone who must now be worth 5 times that amount. Bloody Asombalonga went for £5.5m and he hasn't done half as well as Callum.

At least we used the money to buy an able replacement...

And to think posters on here said what a great deal it was for the club the wilson sale. Mental

ptr

Where are all those idiotic fans that everytime we mention wilson they say 'we should never have sold him' like it was in our hands...well done wilson and bournemouth hopefully there is a clause in his contract where we are owed money from promotion and an england appearance? Shame we saw f all of the 3 million

Leamington Pete

their biggest problem is going to be holding onto the manager.

Eddie Howe is Bournemouth through and through so hope he stays and can keep the team together. Have been keeping an eye on them this season and they've played the game how it should be played - wonderful attacking football, played with pace and pressing the opposition throughout. Goals have come from all quarters and there is great team spirit.

Maybe us next year eh?

LJC_CCFC

Think some of you should pioneer the supporting of an individual player rather than a team. Embarrassing.

Astute

Where are all those idiotic fans that everytime we mention wilson they say 'we should never have sold him' like it was in our hands...well done wilson and bournemouth hopefully there is a clause in his contract where we are owed money from promotion and an england appearance? Shame we saw f all of the 3 million

Put the two together and then understand where we were coming from. We are not the idiotic fans. Those are the ones still saying it was a good move for our club. We sold a very good player for approx 3m.....which a lot of us said wasn't enough at the time. Then he wasn't replaced. And then a few couldn't understand how clubs like Southampton got more money for their good players :thinking about:

And on top of that some of those that said it was a good move for our club then said he would have been worth less than the 3m now if he would have stayed at our club as he wouldn't have scored as many goals in Division 3 :claping hands:

Well done Wilson. Enjoy your season in the Prem like some said you would never have as you are not good enough :D

tisza

Eddie Howe is Bournemouth through and through so hope he stays and can keep the team together. Have been keeping an eye on them this season and they've played the game how it should be played - wonderful attacking football, played with pace and pressing the opposition throughout. Goals have come from all quarters and there is great team spirit.

Maybe us next year eh?

think the standard of the championship football this year has been very good, Seen more entertaining Championship games with open football than Premiership ones this season.

Hobo

Think some of you should pioneer the supporting of an individual player rather than a team. Embarrassing.

acknowledging Bournemouths achievement, appreciating a good young footballer, being proud of a Coventry kids achievements and being rounded football fans is not as 'embarrassing' as your comment.

Well done Callum and Bournemouth good luck for next year.

Astute

Clearly people care, probably because they are devoid of success at this club and therefore leech off the successes of former players, claiming them as their own.

Not at all. Coventry lad who has done better already than many thought. He was sold when not asking to leave. Level headed lad who I have never heard anything bad against. No reason to have a go at him.

If it was a player like Leon Clark you would have a point.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Clearly people care, probably because they are devoid of success at this club and therefore leech off the successes of former players, claiming them as their own.

I was very pleased for Callum, but now I understand that actually I was leeching and so I apologise unreservedly.

LJC_CCFC

Don't all bite at once.

I've acknowledged and appreciate both Bournemouth's and Callum's achievements. However starting a thread every time he farts seems like overkill to me. The same goes for Carl Baker.

I'll start the 'Well done David McGoldrick, Jay Tabb and Freddie Sears' thread when Ipswich secure the place in the play-offs at the weekend.

ptr

Don't all bite at once.

I've acknowledged and appreciate both Bournemouth's and Callum's achievements. However starting a thread every time he farts seems like overkill to me. The same goes for Carl Baker.

I'll start the 'Well done David McGoldrick, Jay Tabb and Freddie Sears' thread when Ipswich secure the place in the play-offs at the weekend.

It's more the fact he's a cov kid, tabb etc aren't

covcity4life

cannot lie i am bitter and gutted

he was our player and now hes in the prem with a team who should never be enjoying these times over cov

fuck thema and fuck wilson

p.s well done though calum

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I know this may descend into, 'Bournemouth are going to make £60M +, whilst we got under £3M, Coulibally and all!' (better now that's off my chest!) but a big well done to Callum and Bournemouth.

Will the City players now please step forward and do just a little bit on Sunday to cheer up those that can't change clubs !!

Agreed, not going to go into the politics, congratulations Callum Wilson. A class act who has worked hard and dedicated himself to his game. Wish him all the best, and really hope/believe he will go all the way to the top.

IMO He's easily the best to come out of our academy since the Millennium! Good luck Cal.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Good academy product.....lets hope we produce lots more like him.

The future of CCFC is more reliant on the academy than ever.

rightumpty

What a day for Callum.
What a season for Bournemouth.
What a shame for the Sky Blues.
SISU look on and feel the shame you have brought to us and take notice of what is achievable with a little ambition.

no_loyalty

And to think posters on here said what a great deal it was for the club the wilson sale. Mental

It would have been a good deal if Pressley was given the full 3M to buy players, actually thinking about it Pressley would probably have wasted it on more crap players

ecky

Departing striker Callum Wilson delivers a message of thanks to Coventry City and its supporters after completing move to Bournemouth
Coventry kid Callum Wilson hopes Sky Blues fans will understand his decision to move from his boyhood club.

Wilson came up through the Academy ranks with Coventry City and insisted the club would remain firmly in his heart as he headed for pastures new at Bournemouth.

The striker said: “It’s every player’s dream to play for their hometown club and to score so many goals last season went beyond those dreams.

“I was playing for Coventry City with so many of the lads I grew up and I can’t thank Steven Pressley enough for giving me that chance and believing in me from the start of the season.

“When I was asked at the end of last season whether I was going to stay, I really believed that I would be here at the start of next season.

“But as the weeks have passed, there has been more and more interest from clubs in the Championship and it became clear to me that there was a real chance to play in a higher division.

“It gave me a really big decision to make and it’s not one I have taken lightly and I think most supporters will understand just how tough a choice this was for me.

“I have sat down and talked it through with Steve Waggott and Steven Pressley, my family, everyone at Bournemouth and it just felt like the right move at the right time.

“I have to let my head rule my heart as this is my career – but my heart will always be here in Coventry.

“I know Steve and the manager wanted to keep me here but I can only hope that the deal can help them add to the squad. I know that will give them a great chance of going up next season which is something they, the other lads and the supporters all thoroughly deserve.

"The owner also called me to wish me the very best which was something I really appreciated. She also said that she is sorry to see me leave but the way the club have supported my decision, whether it was to stay or to move on, has been first rate and I want to thank them for that.

"Lastly though I want to thank the Sky Blues supporters who got behind me all of last season. They played a massive part in the success I had last season and, as a City supporter myself, it was an honour to share it with them."

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...city-0404714-1717491.aspx#5ryEMlMuI4SG5G0A.99

One of the main reasons he will forever have my respect.

Yeh and Sisu trousered the £3m

And if that wasn't bad enough I'm a Northampton fan and I've been telling anyone that listens what a great talent Wilson is and that he's one of most promising players to play at sixfields in the last 20 years. Hope he does well in the prem and who knows, maybe international level one day. He's still young and learning and made the step up to championship level well enough.

skybluesam66

They do. He loaned them money to cover the losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

alledgedly put in 30m and got to the premiership on that including building a new training ground, buying back the ground and stadium
yet our owners- claim to have put in more and have done really well!! with lots of assets to show for their good management

Users who are viewing this thread