Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (35 Viewers)

shmmeee

Liam Kelly has entered the chat. I remember Robins saying something at the time hinting there were anti-vaxxers in the squad.

1699486657998.png

chiefdave

Only had a brief glance but the research sited by that article doesn’t actually show what the article seems to think it shows does it?

Don’t normally take my medical advice from footballers and don’t think I’ll start now

Sky Blue Pete

Only had a brief glance but the research sited by that article doesn’t actually show what the article seems to think it shows does it?

Don’t normally take my medical advice from footballers and don’t think I’ll start now
That’s where I am
If you don’t trust the medical profession for medical needs then what do you?
If you don’t trust a climate scientist for climate science who do you trust?
we need critical thinking a levels

fernandopartridge

I dunno how the risk profile compares to other vaccines, I guess not dissimilar.

155m vaccines administered in the UK as of last week. Not sure how many were the AZ one but it'll be a decent number. Given the numbers the adverse events seem very low?

shmmeee

That’s where I am

This is the way. Almost any topic: trade, climate science, medicine is at a level it’s very hard to fully understand without being steeped in the literature and arguments. Science is full of counter intuitive findings, in fact that’s the entire point of the process.

I think there’s been a massive breakdown of trust in institutions that spread to any and all intellectual authority. I noticed there was a shift where if I spoke about something I obviously knew a lot about people would defer, then it stopped and I got random internet garbage back (even as a teacher!).

I’m not sure how you put that genie back in the bottle. But it’s interesting that Asian countries do so well at for example pandemic response and education because of a deference to authority and a belief they probably know what they’re doing.

You see it all over: parents, teachers, police, scientists, politicians, all with examples of abuse of power/mistakes leading to lack of trust wide scale. I can’t help but feel our social and traditional media has a large amount of blame. We just didn’t know every little mistake in real time before. And it makes us think the present is uniquely useless and corrupt.

Sick Boy

I dunno how the risk profile compares to other vaccines, I guess not dissimilar.

155m vaccines administered in the UK as of last week. Not sure how many were the AZ one but it'll be a decent number. Given the numbers the adverse events seem very low?
From what I’ve seen the headline is based on what someone non-medical and involved in the case has claimed, so completely misleading.

skybluetony176

That’s where I am
My mate thinks that ex nurse with a face full of Botox is the authority on vaccines. The one who got on stage at a protest and with no sense of irony (obviously keeping a straight face, with that much Botox in your system it’s impossible not to) and said that the vaccine was poison, don’t inject yourself self with poison. I pointed out to him that if someone who willingly allows elements of botulism to be injected in their face is claiming don’t get injected with poison the fact that they’re a crank is staring you right in her face. He then continued to tell me that you don’t know what’s in it, while snorting a line of coke which ironically he has no idea what’s in it. Okay the last part has a little poetic license in it but he is, always has been and continues to be a habitual drug user including coke, acid and E’s. Can’t have a drink out without doing at least one line.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

You see it on here. Present peer reviewed papers and they’re ignored or dismissed for being too complicated. Remember that there was a huge analysis of 25-30 million vaccine jabs that showed there was a statistically significant increase in risk of cardiac events from the jab. The problem was this increase was even greater from the virus itself. Still, also ignored by some.

It takes painstaking effort to generate this technology and the associated data. So really is frustrating to see idiots on the internet with virtually zero understanding write it off as a conspiracy.

shmmeee

You see it on here. Present peer reviewed papers and they’re ignored or dismissed for being too complicated. Remember that there was a huge analysis of 25-30 million vaccine jabs that showed there was a statistically significant increase in risk of cardiac events from the jab. The problem was this increase was even greater from the virus itself. Still, also ignored by some.

It takes painstaking effort to generate this technology and the associated data. So really is frustrating to see idiots on the internet with virtually zero understanding write it off as a conspiracy.

Normally it wouldn’t bother me. Knowing those actually acting on the data would be smart and responsible enough to do to. Now it seems just as likely the PM believe in the illuminati as anyone else.

chiefdave

👀

China’s hospitals have been flooded with cases of respiratory illnesses and sick children complaining of pneumonia-like symptoms, leading to increased scrutiny from the World Health Organisation (WHO).

A Beijing children’s hospital told state media CCTV that at least 7,000 patients were being admitted daily to the institution, far exceeding its capacity.

Last week, the largest paediatric hospital in nearby Tianjin reportedly received more than 13,000 children at its outpatient and emergency departments.

Liaoning province, about 690km northeast of the capital, is also grappling with high case numbers.

The increasing number of cases prompted the WHO on Wednesday to issue a formal request for disease data on the respiratory illnesses and reported clusters of pneumonia in children.

shmmeee

Randomly came across a Chinese guy on Twitter going mad about this and how it’s another pandemic. But then his feed was full of zero covid types still living in tents so take that for what you will.

CCFCSteve

Thought this might be of interest. Now this guy has had some, let’s say, non mainstream/unconventional views. I ignore that and was just surprised/shocked at the data

Not sure if Campbell is suggesting these issues are caused but the vaccine or not. I’ve personally* always believed that Covid itself seems to be able to target peoples weak spots (whether that be respiratory, heart etc) and that peoples immune systems have been damaged badly by the virus. Pretty scary either way

Happy Sunday (sorry)

*im no doc or scientist obviously but this is based on personal experience and anecdotal evidence from people I know.

TomRad85

They’re just more feminine you know…
More androgynous. East Asian trans are definitely more convincing/sexually confusing.
If the dick is tucked away, it ain't gay is advice to live by.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

If you’ve paid for it and have landed with a big (or small) surprise, you may as well get your money’s worth.

wingy

Randomly came across a Chinese guy on Twitter going mad about this and how it’s another pandemic. But then his feed was full of zero covid types still living in tents so take that for what you will.
Watch they don't infiltrate you?🤔

Users who are viewing this thread