Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (33 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

Had a row with the Mrs about this this morning.

We moved in with her parents and younger brother 6 weeks back to save towards a mortgage instead of renting, and anyway, We've got a massive garden, so as the weather is class we were gonna do a mini barbecue.

Just us that live in the household..

She starts whinging about peoples 'opinions'and 'should we be doing it'

Far as I'm concerned we could have a fucking firework display in the garden as long as its just members of the household or am i talking shit? Started to make me doubt myself now.
If it's just the people in your household I don't see that you are breaking any rulrs

tisza

Far as I'm concerned we could have a fucking firework display in the garden as long as its just members of the household or am i talking shit? Started to make me doubt myself now.
Some idiot Street down from us decided to have a birthday party last night. Let off fireworks, 3 police cars on the spot in about 5 minutes. Hope he's got deep pockets!!

fernandopartridge

We moved in with her parents and younger brother 6 weeks back to save towards a mortgage instead of renting, and anyway, We've got a massive garden, so as the weather is class we were gonna do a mini barbecue.

No, you're right. It's a good thing to do as it helps reduce any urge to go out anyway.

Grendel

Grendel

Next door had one yesterday for the people who live there it’s not a problem

Grendel

Sadly it is going to be the same in every country.

The FT article shows Spain have attempted to estimate deaths outside the hospitals - no one will actually know the scale by country until well after this has ended

Sick Boy

The FT article shows Spain have attempted to estimate deaths outside the hospitals - no one will actually know the scale by country until well after this has ended
Oh I agree with you on that, I also think we will see a spike in deaths from non-Coronavirus related causes too due to a lack of resources and doctors having to prioritise some over others.

Philosorapter

Great to see Keir Starmer - voice of the people, going behind a paywall to get Labour's message out about Covid19.

Otis

Do you know what's weird, I have set up on my Google calendar, all City's games, so I get a reminder when there is a game on.

I haven't been bothered to remove them from my calendar, so I always forget and then am surprised when I get the notification tone come through.

So strange them going off now with football shut down.

Otis

Risky as fuck like

Yup. Especially with healthy people dying too. If it were just the vulnerable, it would be the perfect approach. This seems very risky though.

I guess time will tell.

Not sure whether it is related or not, but I know a family of five all infected in Norway and they are just 10 mins walk from the Swedish border.

David O'Day

Matt Hancock threatening to ban outdoor exercise forgetting 2 key points.

1 he would have to recall parliament and convince them to amend the current emergency powers act

2 Such actions would never work as people would just flout it and when people are flouting such laws they are less likely to follow social distancing.

Sick Boy

1 he would have to recall parliament and convince them to amend the current emergency powers act

2 Such actions would never work as people would just flout it and when people are flouting such laws they are less likely to follow social distancing.
What’s the penalty for flouting the rules there now?

fernandopartridge

Cock will say anything he thinks Karen on social media will like.

clint van damme

PFA claims players shouldn't take a wage cut or deferral as loss of tax income would be damaging for NHS.
Anyone believe high earners are paying full tax? Or that the charitable donations suggested won't be a tax write-off?

All professional players in the UK are PAYE on their main wages.

Users who are viewing this thread