Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (32 Viewers)

David O'Day

Fines mostly buf most people don't understand that legally the police can only enforcement what is in the emergency powers act not what a minister no matter how senior says on tv.
Also threatening to ban something is likely to tempt more people to do something before it is banned.

So threatening to ban going out for exercise on a baking ghost Sunday is fucking stupid

Grendel

Matt Hancock threatening to ban outdoor exercise forgetting 2 key points.

1 he would have to recall parliament and convince them to amend the current emergency powers act

2 Such actions would never work as people would just flout it and when people are flouting such laws they are less likely to follow social distancing.

Starmer on the same programme fully endorsed his comments

Grendel

shmmeee

1 he would have to recall parliament and convince them to amend the current emergency powers act

2 Such actions would never work as people would just flout it and when people are flouting such laws they are less likely to follow social distancing.

“Government can’t tell people what to do” is certainly a hot take.

David O'Day

Aye, but a spell on a ventilator is a life changing experience, it isn't just like recharging a phone. The consultant here has said that most cases he has are not elderly, so God help the elderly around there.
My point was that there is no evidence to show this repeated around the country

Ring Of Steel

Aye, but a spell on a ventilator is a life changing experience, it isn't just like recharging a phone. The consultant here has said that most cases he has are not elderly, so God help the elderly around there.

the scariest thing I read is the aftercare that can been needed should you be misfortunate enough to go on a ventilator- everyone different obviously but in some cases you have to literally be taught how to walk again, you don’t just take it off and saunter off home

MalcSB

What a twat (Hancock)

RegTheDonk

My pleasure. He's a scaremonger and so are you.
There's probably more going on than is being reported and we should error on the side of caution and take social distancing seriously. However, if you think it's all scaremongering, best you take advantage of the weather and go to the beach, have a BBQ with your mates, or try some sunbathing in the park.

clint van damme

Exactly. I have stopped recently but i was doing a run aroind the block then home

But i hear of people going to memorial park to excercise. Is that really neccesary?

I ran past the park yesterday and it was more packed than it had been all week but they had stewards in the car park and each car had at least 1 clear spaces either side
I don't know if stewards were enforcing distancing measures inside though when I've walked through there everyone seems to be quite sensible.
It's easy to say don't go to places like Coombe or the Memorial but if it's a nice day and you don't have the benefit of the garden it's hard to keep kids locked up all day.
I don't think it's hard to go out and stick to the distancing guidelines though.

skybluetony176

the scariest thing I read is the aftercare that can been needed should you be misfortunate enough to go on a ventilator- everyone different obviously but in some cases you have to literally be taught how to walk again, you don’t just take it off and saunter off home
About 3 years ago a good mate of mine got a very serious chest infection that hospitalised him. It wasn’t as serious that he needed a ventilator but it did spread to his respiratory track putting him on oxygen for a week. It took him best part of a year to fully recover and even then it was only because he went on a complete lifestyle change both losing weight, cutting down on alcohol and taking regular light exercise. He was told that because he’d had an infection in his respiratory tract he’d most likely be susceptible to them again in the future. Anyone of any age who gets this to a seriousness that they’re going to have to be put on a respirator can expect it to possibly have consequences for the rest of their life.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not discounting the psychological effects of needing a machine to breathe

Users who are viewing this thread