Could a new team be formed? (2 Viewers)

RogerH

Like it, let's call us Real CCFC. Any other names?

Real Coventry, great name, double meaning, time is due.

One thing about a new club is that SISU can't stop it, influence it, or sue it !

Give them nothing to come back to, make Tim's shed a white elephant.

SISU would wither at Northampton, relegation is now almost certain.

Let's plan for a SISU free future.

skybluealan

But the Darlington arena was as bonkers for Darlo as Feethams was perfect. Darlington are 20% the club Coventry are.

But the difference is Darlington are now playing outside of Darlington at Bishop Auckland. Although last season they walked the league by only losing 4 games and scoring over 150 goals.

BiloLCFC

But the Darlington arena was as bonkers for Darlo as Feethams was perfect. Darlington are 20% the club Coventry are.

From the outside looking in, there are similarities.

Highfield Road was completely and utterly appropriate for Coventry City. The capacity, location within the city and atmosphere generated all made the move to the (frankly dreadful) Ricoh Arena a complete mystery. Darlington's move from Feethams to the Darlington Arena is a more extreme version of what your club has done.

Would Coventry RFC's ground be a viable venue for a fan owned 'rebel' club?

ian lollipop

i agree we should support Coventry united but we defo need to discuss name change and colour change sky blue defo they already have a good basis pre season good they are already in a league low yes but a bit off investment get arena involved GET FANS INVOLVED get mr sillet or someone with a bit of cov history behind them . ccfc effectively dead as soon as a ball is kicked in Northampton sisu don't care about the fans so we must fight back rip ccfc

stupot07

i agree we should support Coventry united but we defo need to discuss name change and colour change sky blue defo they already have a good basis pre season good they are already in a league low yes but a bit off investment get arena involved GET FANS INVOLVED get mr sillet or someone with a bit of cov history behind them . ccfc effectively dead as soon as a ball is kicked in Northampton sisu don't care about the fans so we must fight back rip ccfc

Brilliant....lets move and rebrand cov united..

ajsccfc

Coventry United is bullshit, cynically put together to prey on the vulnerable and angry fans. 'What do they hate? Oh, we hate it too! Come watch us, we won't do [insert bad things SISU do after quick check]'

stupot07

Coventry United is bullshit, cynically put together to prey on the vulnerable and angry fans. 'What do they hate? Oh, we hate it too! Come watch us, we won't do [insert bad things SISU do after quick check]'

Completely agree, if they were genuinely doing for the fans they would have consulted first and regardless of the name, at least play in sky blue from the start.

James Smith

Hello folks, I've been having a read of all the various posts on here and I have a question. Many of you are talking of returning to the Ricoh either as CCFC or as phoenix club, but it seems from the outside that the Ricoh is the source of your problems. From what I can see (and I am no expert in this) it is not cost effective for the club with its current attendances to play in the ground because it doesn't make enough from it. So why would you want to return?

I see startling similarities between Coventry and Darlington. And the first thing the Darlington phoenix club did was get the hell out of the Darlington Arena. Locally to me we've seen Leigh Genesis bankrupted by their 20,000 seater stadium costing them £6,000 a game for stewarding with an average gate of 300.

Have I missed something along the way? Is it cost effective for the club to return to the Ricoh? If the club became a phoenix and started in the non-league would it not be better to ground share with the rugby club or someone like Bedworth until you could afford to return to the Ricoh or get a new ground (a la FC United & AFC Wimbledon)? I've probably got half a story so feel free to shoot me down!
At first the rent was way too high and I don't think there is a single poster on here who disputes that. An attempt was made to get this down by the previous mob who ran the club but ACL supposedly weren't in a position financially to offer this and it was declined by ACL. Since then the club has changed hands and SISU who had a chance to buy half of ACL (and until liquidation still did) just didn't and never ever bothered to negotiate with ACL beforehand just stopped paying rent in their boycott style of negotiating. It is believed by some that this was to distress ACL enough that they would fail and SISU could then pick them up on the cheap. Then when the bank became nervous about the lack of rent from SISU going into ACL (who had a mortgage with them) the council bought the mortgage off the bank. They charge a lower rate of interest and this allowed better offers including some of the matchday revenue to be made available to the club. SISU rejected all of these offers and threatened liquidation. We went into Admin and SISU said we're taking the club to Sixfields despite a clear lack of interest in watching football there from us Sky Blues supporters. ACL mad another offer of £150k plus I think F&B revenues and cross invoicing and this was turned down. They've sold supposedly 300 season tickets, we're starting with a 10 point deduction and the future looks bleak.

skybluetony176

is it time to start taking this option seriously?

or at least supporting the people who have the capabilities to make this happen form a contingency plan, i'm guessing we have to xmas before any plan needs to starts to being put in place for the 2014/2015 season.

can i make 1 suggestion, a new club would be called Coventry City's Football Club, that way we would still be CCFC. it also makes no mistake who owns it

one comment on the facebook site i liked from an afc Wimbledon fan was that the history is linear. i think he's right i associate the dons fa cup win with afc Wimbledon not mk dons

Users who are viewing this thread